Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

MY 2015 GS350 F Sport - Atomic Silver

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-14, 01:52 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MY 2015 GS350 F Sport - Atomic Silver

I have just got hold of my first Lexus ever, a 4th gen GS, F Sport in Atomic Silver with black leather, ML, IPA, BSM, illuminated door sills, and the Z2 accessory package.. and I LOVE this car!!

On my way into the dealership thinking I would get an Ultra White that night having already negotiating a fine deal via the internet, but when I saw the atomic silver in person it changed my mind immediately. The shade of grey falls in between the Liquid Platinum and Nebula Gray, with a hint of fine metallic gold flake that really pops in the sunshine and adds to the depth of the color and makes it quite unique and elegant, yet subtle and aggressive in my opinion. It is also the first year for the color in the GS model, so I haven’t seen too many on the road just yet, which I also thought was cool.

I looked at many other cars, but this model seemed to be the best balance of sportiness and luxury to have some fun behind the wheel when desired, but total comfort for the daily commute. Not to mention the Lexus reliability and resale value combined with the current December to Remember deals… and oh yeah, I just thought it was plain SEXY and fun to drive too!

Starting up a build thread to chronicle my own experiences with my new machine. I don’t have much plans for it as I think it’s pretty close to perfection as is and I want to keep it close to stock for the long haul. But I will probably make a couple of subtle changes over time such as going up a size in the tires and perhaps some slight drop lowering springs, if these new ones don’t settle down a bit!

Here she is the very first day I got her outside in my work parking lot:

Attachment 495015
Attachment 495016
Attachment 495017
Attachment 495018
Attachment 495019
Attachment 495020
Attachment 495407
Old 12-22-14, 02:41 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

First thing I did when I got here home was removing the front license plate, and to my shock and dismay I found holes DRILLED in the front bumper!

I did some research and was even more stunned to find this is the factory design.. Since there wasn't much else I could do at that point, I got hold of some bumper plugs through bumperplugs.com. I may have the first set of atomic silver plugs also, since I needed to provide them the paint code and then they made it available for purchase on their site.

I did have to drill out the existing holes to 9/32, and then shaved the outer edges of the holes smooth with a hobby knife prior to inserting the plugs. Here are some pics of them close up in case anyone is curious as to how well they match up and how big they are. They match really nice, probably even closer in real life than the pics show.. Anyhow these are much better than starting at gaping holes in my brand new machine!

MY 2015 GS350 F Sport - Atomic Silver-umnnhx9.jpg

MY 2015 GS350 F Sport - Atomic Silver-bxi6ehb.jpg
Old 12-22-14, 02:49 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats and Beautiful car....Welcome..
Old 12-22-14, 05:22 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Congrats and Beautiful car....Welcome..
Thanks for the kind words my friend!!
Old 12-22-14, 07:13 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Very nice color! I almost painted my 2IS color, one of my favorite lexus paints indeed!
Old 12-23-14, 08:43 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

Congrats ! Now go tint her it'll look even better
Old 12-23-14, 10:56 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen!!
Old 12-23-14, 11:20 PM
DeViNe350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atomic350F,

I hear yah, I almost had second thoughts when I went to purchase my 350 Fsport but since I requested them not to drill holes on the front bumper, I ended up w/ the Ultra White on Cabernet. LOL. BTW thanks for all the suggestions for the purchase of my car. I ended up purchasing from Longo as well. hehehe.
Old 12-24-14, 10:41 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DeViNe350
Atomic350F,

I hear yah, I almost had second thoughts when I went to purchase my 350 Fsport but since I requested them not to drill holes on the front bumper, I ended up w/ the Ultra White on Cabernet. LOL. BTW thanks for all the suggestions for the purchase of my car. I ended up purchasing from Longo as well. hehehe.
Hahhaa, right on! AWESOME to hear you got your own GS, no bumper holes , and really great to hear I even lended you a hand in the process!! I think that's what the forum is all about!

And oh yeah, Ultra White on Cabernet is a really sweet combo that just screams F Sport with the F Sport ONLY colors inside and out, definitely a fine choice there! It really has that sporty aggressive look and yet a classic upscale feel to it all at once, looking right at home in the GS.

Congratulations to you my friend, I am sure you are in Lexus heaven right now with me!!
Old 12-24-14, 07:21 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats! Your car looks great, but pics never seem to truly represent how outstanding Atomic Silver is in person. Beautiful ride!
Old 01-12-15, 11:35 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Sweet car, nicr color, looks real nice with the gloss F sport wheels. Luckily my bumper is not drilled, and im not planning to drill them til I get a ticket. shhh
Old 01-13-15, 08:40 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dseag2
Congrats! Your car looks great, but pics never seem to truly represent how outstanding Atomic Silver is in person. Beautiful ride!
Thanks a bundle, I agree it is tough to capture the eternal beauty that is Atomic Silver with photos online!! I think it would show better however if I can get some shots in the sunshine!

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Sweet car, nicr color, looks real nice with the gloss F sport wheels. Luckily my bumper is not drilled, and im not planning to drill them til I get a ticket. shhh
Thanks pardner! Yeahp, I love they way the color works with the wheels and think it's a perfect contrast looking both aggressive and yet elegant simultaneously! Oh yeah... youre non-drilling secret is safe with me!

I am considering some lowering springs to get the stance down just a tad, and increasing the handling a bit further. I was thinking the springs would "settle" a bit but it doesn't quite look as if that is going to happen!
Old 01-13-15, 05:12 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Thanks pardner! Yeahp, I love they way the color works with the wheels and think it's a perfect contrast looking both aggressive and yet elegant simultaneously! Oh yeah... youre non-drilling secret is safe with me!

I am considering some lowering springs to get the stance down just a tad, and increasing the handling a bit further. I was thinking the springs would "settle" a bit but it doesn't quite look as if that is going to happen!
if you want my opinion just leave it stock man, the stance is proper, and it looks amazing. If the engineers at Lexus would have achieved better handling by lower the vehicle then I think they would of done it. Unless you know something that the engineers don't, don't mess with the vehicle is my advice. Because I don't know if you read the threads, almost everyone that has moded their cars are always complaining of vibrations and a list of other annoying problems. The GS is a very sensitive car, its a luxury sedan, don't make it something its not.

And im a relatively young guy compared to most of the owners, im 29, so im not a grandpa telling you just leave it stock and just drive. I truly think that's the best look for the GS. Your car looks perfect the way it is..

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-13-15 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 02:00 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
if you want my opinion just leave it stock man, the stance is proper, and it looks amazing. If the engineers at Lexus would have achieved better handling by lower the vehicle then I think they would of done it. Unless you know something that the engineers don't, don't mess with the vehicle is my advice. Because I don't know if you read the threads, almost everyone that has moded their cars are always complaining of vibrations and a list of other annoying problems. The GS is a very sensitive car, its a luxury sedan, don't make it something its not.

And im a relatively young guy compared to most of the owners, im 29, so im not a grandpa telling you just leave it stock and just drive. I truly think that's the best look for the GS. Your car looks perfect the way it is..
Hey, thanks for the input here, I will definitely do more research before changing the springs. I was thinking of going with the Tanabe NF210 to keep things close to stock spring rate wise (within 5% they state) and just slightly lower 1.1 inch. I have read a lot of folks saying these ride like stock but havent seen the problems you have mentioned, at least not with this spring set in my research.

I will dig around more for certain before making any changes here...
Old 02-07-15, 01:33 AM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta drop it man. The wheel gap on these cars is terrible . Nice ride and awesome color

Quick Reply: MY 2015 GS350 F Sport - Atomic Silver