Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Just a Girl & Her 2IS

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 06:56 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build thus far, keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-14, 11:55 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schanel
Thank you! I was told the same thing by a stereo shop prior to the install, but actually, blowing that ML sub just made the install that much easier. We bypassed that sub & the factory amp by tapping into the pre-amp wires and running them straight into the aftermarket amp, that way I didn't need a LOC. Also didn't wind up needing the Hi-Low converter I bought just in case. I adjusted the levels on my amp in the trunk to the right set/output and now I just use the head unit to adjust the bass, treble, gain, etc. for it for whenever I need to take it down a notch lol. The sound is great and works perfect, whether I'm listening to satellite radio or using the auxiliary cord for the iPod or whatever. Only real pain in the *** was getting into all the tight spaces for the wiring so it took just over 2 hours, but definitely worth it.
I did the exact same! Now I have a nice big box in my trunk for added thump (who needs a trunk right? )
Looking good so far! Any plans to drop it any lower? Im waiting till next spring.. we have tons of snow up here haha.
Old 12-04-14, 08:08 AM
schanel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the love! Still far from being done with this one
I go to Vegas for 2 wks this Sunday, but while I'm gone, getting my exhaust worked on. Gonna have to post an update once I get back.

Originally Posted by Nixcision
I did the exact same! Now I have a nice big box in my trunk for added thump (who needs a trunk right? )
Looking good so far! Any plans to drop it any lower? Im waiting till next spring.. we have tons of snow up here haha.
That's exactly what I thought lol. Just had my only downside to the system the other day - the bass broke my rear window sunshade right off the track good thing for the aftermarket warranty I bought a few months ago lol.

But yea, definitely wanna go lower. Planning on getting coils once summer hits. We get hit w/ A LOT of snow by January & if I go much lower, I may have to be contracted for plowing the local streets
Old 12-04-14, 10:59 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schanel
Thanks for all the love! Still far from being done with this one
I go to Vegas for 2 wks this Sunday, but while I'm gone, getting my exhaust worked on. Gonna have to post an update once I get back.

That's exactly what I thought lol. Just had my only downside to the system the other day - the bass broke my rear window sunshade right off the track good thing for the aftermarket warranty I bought a few months ago lol.

But yea, definitely wanna go lower. Planning on getting coils once summer hits. We get hit w/ A LOT of snow by January & if I go much lower, I may have to be contracted for plowing the local streets
Yeah I know exactly what you mean! (Im right above you in Alberta).
Coils are definitely the way to go so you can be slammed in the summer, and back at stock height in the winter. Im looking at BC coilovers... they have a great reputation and are good for they occasional hard drive