Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Lady Cherry transformation and build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-16, 10:43 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool, thanks guess I've gotta buy two sets for my fronts.
Old 04-25-16, 02:23 PM
PolishDude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KING
Hey ultm8mind, the ARP's are 70mm long from head to end. The "UHL" or Under Head Length is 66mm.

You're correct, the OEM ones are 40mm long, and UHL is 45mm.

Do you mean they are 40mm long and UHL is 35mm?
Old 04-25-16, 03:10 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PolishDude
Do you mean they are 40mm long and UHL is 35mm?
My bad, They are 45mm long, UHL is 40mm. So they are 40mm long when put in on the hub, because you'll automatically loose the 5mm behind the hub. Does that make sense? I hope this doesn't over complicate it for you.

On another note, let me confirm this by tonight, just in case. Don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.
I still have all of my old studs, so I'll measure them and report back to you in a PM..
Old 04-27-16, 09:51 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I need you to put some rims on this thing, lol
Old 04-28-16, 06:37 AM
jackies
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KING
Got a JDM Nav!
I been wondering if you ever solved your Nav issues - so how's the JDM one, does everything work?
Do the buttons function as they should, i.e. AC controls is now on the right, JDM style?
Old 04-29-16, 09:12 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
I need you to put some rims on this thing, lol
.. I can't seem to find the right wheel, without doing major fender work. :thumbed:

Thinking maybe carbon fiber fender panels, something like the Black Magician fenders. But I just don't know how I really feel about the Black Magician fenders, they're nice. But the rear's just don't do it for me. On the other hand, is the MJK Customs Blister wide body kit, which comes with wide fenders.

So split there at the moment.
And also just been very busy with school since I'm about to graduate

Originally Posted by jackies
I been wondering if you ever solved your Nav issues - so how's the JDM one, does everything work?
Do the buttons function as they should, i.e. AC controls is now on the right, JDM style?
I ordered a salvage NAV from Japan. So there was something wrong with it's CPU, but everything else was super clean.
So when I got it, I removed the panel that's on the outside that has the Japanese hieroglyphics and put it on my older NAV. So I couldn't ever tell you if a straight JDM nav will be a straight plug and play and that it would work flawlessly.
Old 05-02-16, 04:58 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

cant wait to see some proper wheels on this thing man.
Old 05-10-16, 10:54 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Current setup. Just doing some minor touches this month, fixing a tilt motor. Getting new mirrors from Japan.. and changing the chrome grill surrounding to maroon. Just some little touches all around.. Still lost on wheels

Old 05-11-16, 08:11 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Beautiful....
Old 05-17-16, 07:16 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Beautiful....
Always appreciate the love, brother!
Old 05-18-16, 09:45 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous. How's the output on those headlights? Are those rings now working as the DRL?
Old 05-19-16, 01:09 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Gorgeous. How's the output on those headlights? Are those rings now working as the DRL?
Let's just say, if you're blind you'll probably see the road bright and clear behind these projectors lol

4 projectors:
2x LS430 stock projectors + with added clear lens from TRS
2x Morimoto D2S 3.0 bi-xenon

They all run at the same time for now. I have the Morimotos set a little higher than the stock ones so that the cutoffs don't cross or intersect. For bulbs I have all 4, Philips 85122 WX Ultinon (6000K) running them at 55W Morimoto ballasts. So the color output is really more close to 4500k-5000k, so the color is whitish/hint of blue. Just because I'm running them at 55W's, if I use my older 35W they output very bluish like you'd normally see 6000k bulbs.

But I'm currently making a switch that allows me to run only the stock projectors, and if I need the extra light I can flip the 2 Morimoto's on whenever I want. I'm going to use the "Ultra Luxury" trim button panel. Use the "height button" and when I flip the switch HIGH all of the projectors will be on. And when flipped back to NORMAL position, only the stock ones will be on. Of course this doesn't interfere with the stock lighting control buttons.

I managed to put everything in place, I just need to check some wires and make sure everything is working alright and will later upload pictures.

The halos or circles around the projectors are white DRL's/switchbacks now, along with the Black Pearl LED strips. The Halos flash orange when using indicators or hazards.

I'd like to thank "TheRetrofitSource.com" again, because after more than a year now, everything is working perfect, LED's light up like they are supposed to and I haven't had to replace anything inside there. So thanks to them for supplying us DIY'ers with great quality products. Only recently I was working on a friends headlights, he wanted me to retrofit a DDM kit he got, one of the shrouds didn't even light up straight out of the box. We had to wait 8 days till he got a replacement from China. Not shaming DDM, I mean shi* happens sometimes and you can't control when it does happen. But TRS excels in that area, they will give you tested products, worry-free.
Old 05-24-16, 11:34 PM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you had anybody photograph it, yet?
Old 05-26-16, 04:36 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Zoolander
Have you had anybody photograph it, yet?
Not really, just been super busy lately.. But would love to, especially since how beautiful Oregon is
Old 05-26-16, 11:15 PM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's do it, man!

www.thephotoof.me
https://www.facebook.com/rineauphotography

Quick Reply: Lady Cherry transformation and build thread.