Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any updates?
Old 04-03-16, 09:51 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 527 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by codenko
any updates?
Does adding a new decal to my engine cover count as an update? According to Rafi of RR-Racing, adding the sticker will add an extra 5.5 HP

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
Smart arsses. Dont forget the RRracing sticker. Thats another 5 HP
Originally Posted by RRRacing
Wrong! sticker is 5.5hp.

Rafi

In all seriousness, I'll be attending another autocross event in mid-April so I'll have plenty of opportunities to rev the higher-strung motor to 7200 RPMs and see how the ECU tune affects my experience on the road course.

On a side note, does anyone know if the IS350 has a Oil Temperature Warning Indicator/Message like the IS-F in case the oil temp gets too high from the increased RPMs?
Old 04-03-16, 11:49 AM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

^From what I can remember, we only have an idiot light regarding the oil. Nothing having to do with oil temp unfortunately. You would have to rid up some sort of aftermarket solution I believe in order to monitor oil temp. I wish RR Racing would look into my recommended oil cooler thoughts using the factory oil passages.
Old 04-03-16, 12:10 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Thanks Dan. Yeah, hopefully some type of warning icon pops up if there's a remote change of oil temps rising too high (which does happen to IS-F owners that push their cars hard on the track).

RR Racing sells an oil cooler but it is listed for the IS-F and RC-F:

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-O...isfock0001.htm
Old 04-03-16, 05:50 PM
Gville350

^The one pic with the entire kit has a block-mounted oil filter adapter piece; how can that be used when the IS-F uses the same type of oil filter canister as our IS350? I'm confused.
Old 04-04-16, 02:41 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redspencer
On a side note, does anyone know if the IS350 has a Oil Temperature Warning Indicator/Message like the IS-F in case the oil temp gets too high from the increased RPMs?
Amazon.com: Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBDII OBD II Scanner Scan Tool Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad and Android: Automotive Amazon.com: Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBDII OBD II Scanner Scan Tool Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad and Android: Automotive

One of these plus the accompanying iPhone/Android app can give you oil temp + some other stats that might be useful to know. I run one of my girlfriend's Gen coupe to keep track of boost and intake temps.
Old 04-04-16, 02:44 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^The one pic with the entire kit has a block-mounted oil filter adapter piece; how can that be used when the IS-F uses the same type of oil filter canister as our IS350? I'm confused.
The isf has a oil/water heat exchanger as an oil cooler and that is where the RR-racing adapter mounts.
Old 04-04-16, 05:10 PM
Gville350

^Ah, very good. Thanks!
Old 04-04-16, 05:27 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Originally Posted by codenko
Amazon.com: Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBDII OBD II Scanner Scan Tool Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad and Android: Automotive

One of these plus the accompanying iPhone/Android app can give you oil temp + some other stats that might be useful to know. I run one of my girlfriend's Gen coupe to keep track of boost and intake temps.
That's not a bad idea. I do have Torque Pro on my phone as well as an OBD II bluetooth adapter which I haven't used in a long time.

I've been meaning to use the app to see what it detects for my 0-60 times after the tune so it might be a good time to play around with it again.
Old 04-05-16, 05:46 PM
Gville350

Let us know if you find out if oil temp/trans temp/oil pressure in PSI are measured by your handy device there.
Old 04-05-16, 05:47 PM
Gville350

Originally Posted by redspencer
No idea. That's a good question for you to ask on the RR Racing ECU Tune thread.
FYI, they said it is the "safer" ignition cut, NOT fuel cut. Just like factory.
Old 04-18-16, 01:49 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Being that I have a F-Sport inspired intake system (by cutting a large hole in front of the lower intake box), I was curious as to how much ram air that hole would be able to draw from the area where the passenger headlight is located.

Upon removing the black engine bay covers around the headlight and intake location, I noticed that hardly any outside air would be able to travel through the headlight area and into the location of the hole on the lower intake box. This is due to a large plastic panel that is located on the left side between the lower grille and in front of the radiator:

If you remove this plastic panel, it should permit a significant amount of cool outside air to travel through the once blocked path underneath the headlight and into the engine bay when you're accelerating. This should, in theory, permit a ram air effect if you have a Short Ram Intake (SRI) system or a F-Sport intake system and additional cooling of the engine bay which may improve performance.

Based on the location of this newly accessible path, it doesn't appear that rain water would be an issue but I'll check to see if water is entering the engine bay after I go through a large rainstorm. If no water is entering the engine bay, I plan on modify and reinstalling that plastic panel by cutting the upper portion to allow the larger entry of air into the engine bay while keeping the bottom portion of the panel in case it has any aerodynamic/drag impact to the car.
Old 04-18-16, 02:13 PM
Gville350

I've had that panel removed for years; no hints of any water into the area at all...I don't have wheel liners either.
Old 04-19-16, 12:45 AM
codenko
Lead Lap

You should look into the ultimate performance CAI. AFAIK, it's the only cold air intake they make for our car. Requires a little bit of modification to a plastic panel and relocates the intake right behind the passenger side air duct. Even with a stock tune on my 250, I notice a huge change in responsiveness in the cold and hot weather.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ir-intake.html

Last edited by codenko; 04-19-16 at 12:46 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread