Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

something never been done to the headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-14, 06:23 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
Haha yea I'm a guy Lexii is just my babe that's all. I was planning on messing with the headlight by painting it black but you had a better plan with it so why not send it to you instead. We need more people like you to come up with stuff for our rides. The halos are cheap too. Looking forward for the finished product ( I should maybe get a little discount lol) Good luck.
lol you'll probably be getting a free testing set. just don't melt your new headlights putting it in.
Old 09-23-14, 12:18 AM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haha cool I'm looking forward to it. Its ok because you can come up with something else cooler if i melt it again.
Old 09-24-14, 06:58 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

this is what's been keeping the project back, but now i'm on break and hopefully will get some test prints done. this is my work in progress demo reel that i'll be using to get a job.
Old 09-24-14, 08:56 PM
Rezist89
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so dope good stuff
Old 09-26-14, 07:32 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it'd be really cool if you would consider making an L shape for the bottom portion of the SC headlights, which would be back lit with LED, so that it'll look like the newer IS headlights pictured below! Whatcha think? I'm working on a really custom set of headlights right now, and if you made such a thing I would definitely buy it up asap

Like this below with the bottom red highlighted L section
(don't mind the upper red portion and the words, I was trying to describe something to someone else with this image):

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 09-26-14 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-26-14, 10:14 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

that is a great IDEA!!!! i'll look into that as well. obviously the costs of that would go up extremely because the size of the printer will have to increase, double actually. idk if the library will allow for such a huge print. i'll look into it though. monday i'll be doing a test print.

i htink the only way to do the bottom of the light would be with fiberglass, but then again there's not enough room because the projector will be getting blocked by it and there's no room underneath it really. i'll look at it though, try to figure something out.

i figured out what i'll be using to wire the LEDs though. little strips of copper with a groove in the middle to split the - and +. will be really easy to pack a bunch of LEDs together and with a little bit of bending and wire i'll be able to make them fit into any shape.
Old 09-27-14, 07:28 AM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
that is a great IDEA!!!! i'll look into that as well. obviously the costs of that would go up extremely because the size of the printer will have to increase, double actually. idk if the library will allow for such a huge print. i'll look into it though. monday i'll be doing a test print.

i htink the only way to do the bottom of the light would be with fiberglass, but then again there's not enough room because the projector will be getting blocked by it and there's no room underneath it really. i'll look at it though, try to figure something out.

i figured out what i'll be using to wire the LEDs though. little strips of copper with a groove in the middle to split the - and +. will be really easy to pack a bunch of LEDs together and with a little bit of bending and wire i'll be able to make them fit into any shape.
You could probably print it in 2 sections or something then attach them together.
Old 09-27-14, 01:19 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BeaksSC
You could probably print it in 2 sections or something then attach them together.
yea that would be the only option.
Old 10-04-14, 05:26 PM
Photon440
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I like what I'm seeing in this thread!
Old 10-04-14, 11:11 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

hopefully i'll get a print tmr -_- i've just been doing all this other stuff to my car that i've been putting this off, but i have to do it tmr cz i start my last quarter of school monday and that will be the end of everything car related for a while until i finish all my projects lol. so hopefully we'll have an update tmr! i'm also gonna try to make some lenses for the headlights.
Old 10-07-14, 07:54 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

WOW! Awesomely Creative and Forward Thinking!
Can't wait to see how it looks!
Old 10-07-14, 08:56 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i keep running out of time! there needs to be more hours in a day! lol i always try to go print wherever i can and always end up doing something else and still haven't done a damn test print! this weekend i absolutely have to do a test print. i promise guys. some progress will be posted soon.
Old 10-07-14, 09:21 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up for thinking out of the box... this is interesting
Old 10-09-14, 10:55 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty interesting! Alot better idea than people putting LED strips in their headlights ive seen. Lol
Old 10-11-14, 12:20 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

contacted the library and talked to the guy in charge of the printing and they only accept STL. files which i'm not able to currently export from the program i'm using (maya 2014)

so i'm in a bit of a pickle currently trying to get this to work before i got to work in an hour. really wanna submit this file before i go to work.

Quick Reply: something never been done to the headlights