Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Road Magnet Lowering Springs

Old 08-31-14, 11:16 AM
schanel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Magnet Lowering Springs

So I recently bought the RoadMagnet Lowering springs for my IS350. Only took me 3 hours to get them on, a lot easier job than I actually expected, and the turn out was great IMO. I know people never recommend putting on springs over coilovers, but I just wanted a simple drop for now since I'm undecided if I want to go the coilover route or just bag it. Here's the before and after pics of my car, which I don't think the pics even do it justice:
(Before)

(After)

(My car is filthy from the rain, so don't judge lol )

My Final Thoughts: These are a great, cheaper alternative to coilovers. Ride is just as smooth as OEM, if not, smoother. No extra bounce and a 2 inch drop suits this car perfect. Eventually I'll go lower (and put on different rims since I'm sure someone will comment about plastidipping the stocks lol), but for only $260, these springs are worth it. Have only seen a handful of threads about these springs so just thought I'd share my .02

Heard some patchy things about the F-Sport springs and the H&R's, plus these RM's had a bigger drop. Better idea of how they fit, before there was like a 3 finger gap, now there's about 1.5.

Next thing I'll be adding to this lowered look is the 5Axis front lip. Will be here & painted next weekend so it'll have a nice, more aggressive look to it by next week