Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Dedicated, good deal. Keep up the hard work bud
Old 04-03-15, 05:12 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks chris. i'm starting to realize that this is basically a maintenance/ suspension thread, at least until my car is running right so I can add turbo.
I already have a list of stuff that I need to do/ want to do next.
1st, most important is motor mount and diff mount bushings.
will be buying motor mounts from driftmotion and solid rear diff and subframe bushing. rear solid diff bushings are gonna be welded. the rest are just going to be installed.
2nd, valve lifters job. my valve lifters are tapping every startup so I have to buy the spacers/shims to fix this.
3rd, 1 piece driveshaft. I would like to get the driftmotion 3.5" but we'll see how that goes.
4th, coilovers. since my current kyb left front shock is completely done for, I want to go coilovers all around and lover the car about an inch or inch and a half. nothing too crazy. I like lowered cars, but not slammed.
i'll post some pics.
after everything is said and done, I would love to buy tt front and rear brakes with twin rear calipers, one for normal braking and one for ebrake. I don't plan on making this a drift car, but I like the idea.
edit: also forgot to mention that I recently cut the spare tire well out. i can honestly say I like the look of my sc even more now. I still have to finish welding the metal so stuff doesn't fall out. which leads me to my next to do... dynamat my trunk.

Last edited by grumpi300; 04-03-15 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-03-15, 05:21 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

heres how my car sits now.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150402_175345.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150402_175356.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150402_183659.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150402_183750.jpg  
Old 04-08-15, 10:16 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

got my trunk all covered but still not fully finished. I just put enough tack welds to hold it together. will finish later.
also got around to doing my first oil change since new to me motor and not happy at all. there was a bunch of metal on the oil. i'm still going to use this one though since I don't have money for motor right now. I hope I can just ride through it. I used full synthetic 5w-40 kendall oil with lucas oil stabilizer in hopes to band aid the problem for a bit longer.
anyways. got the inspection and dmv moving permit now so i'm no longer riding dirty. all I have left to do is pass smog and can get rebuilt title and up to date registration.
Old 04-12-15, 06:31 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

got my car to pass smog. failed the first time around because my idle was too high. all the guy had to do was just manually turn the throttle body so it can drop the rpm's. the second guy did just that and it passed with flying colors. normally my car sits around 750-800 on idle but for some reason every now and again it'll not come all the way down. either way I passed and super stoked.
also, got my headers and b pipe back on. i'm running catless again and still no check engine light. last time I had the check engine light on was for to lean and too rich codes. found out I had a vacuum leak though.
third, I tested my throttle position sensor and found it is bad. so I want to replace that to try and get a little performance out of my car.
I am not getting the power I did from my new engine like I did with my blown head gasket. I want to say its my faulty tps but we'll see.
big update also, i'm getting $2229.19 back from the car accident and going to be using 674.61 on driftmotion motor mounts and solid rear subframe and diff bushings. probably another couple dollars on a tps also. so there goes my next project.
we'll see how everything plays out.
Old 04-22-15, 09:05 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

told you guys I needed a valve adjustment. haha. number six is the weakest cylinder but its still good considering the lifters are ticking.
anyways, got my check from the car accident and decided to pay a big chunk of my bills instead of spend it on my car. I payed off all my wells fargo credit card and some extra rent money. had a little left over for motor mounts. slowly but surely now i'll buy rear solid diff and subframe bushings and other things like a tps sensor.
edit: I did this at school and everyone does it differently so I just let the guy crank the engine as much as he wanted. I only count up to the 4th puff. all of the fourth puffs on my engine were above 150 psi.

Last edited by grumpi300; 05-03-21 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-27-15, 04:43 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

so I finally got around to installing my front speakers. lol. its been a while since I installed my rear ones but my front drivers speaker went out and my passenger speaker wasn't producing as much sound as the others so I sought the moment as a necessary upgrade. lol. i'll show pics of how the passenger came out, the drivers came out exactly the same I just didn't grab any pics while I was there.
also got my motor mounts in the mail and put those suckers in. I cant feel any difference but i'm sure the cars happier with them on and working. motor shouldn't jump around. I got two from driftmotion and theyre not the same as factory but they work.
lastly, I had some extra money and midnight mayhem is coming up soon here in vegas, so I bought a msd blaster coil 2 with the bracket to install in my car. it'll look weird but its probably way better than my factory worn out 23 year old coil. so i'll be putting that on soon as well as hoping to bump up the timing maybe 2 or 3 more degrees for faster quarter mile times.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-surface-win_20150427_094810.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-surface-win_20150427_094818.jpg  

Last edited by grumpi300; 04-27-15 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-08-15, 07:32 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

little update. only three things. found I had a nasty oil leak, took my cam plate apart and both my cam seals were leaking pretty badly, mostly my exhaust side cause it had a giant chunk missing from the actual seal. lol. looked at the cams and the exhaust had a little scratch on it, and the intake has a big chunk missing from it. I tried sanding them down but the intake chunk is too big. I might have to just fork up and buy new cams, either way, I replaced the seals about 4 days ago and so far no leak, so if it doesn't leak for another year or so i'll be happy.
second update, I got my msd ignition coil and installed. she runs as good as ever. car is probably super happy with a stronger spark.
last update, since ive gotten my engine fixed and swapped over to manual, I've been getting an average of 19-21 mpg. way better than before. I used to get 15-16 mpg average. i'll let the pix do the talking. the line across the paper shows when I got my engine resealed.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150507_183819.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150507_183823.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20150508_072854.jpg  
Old 05-10-15, 07:23 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

midnight mayhem was a fail last Friday. I only got 2 runs for the night and they were both with bad launches.
my first run was 16.3 with spun tires, my second run was 16.7 with ebrake on launch and missed 4th gear. :/
only reason I had the ebrake on on the second run was because my car was rolling backwards on the first run, that's when I decided to try my second run with the ebrake on. that turned out to be a fail.
well my goal is 15 seconds so i'm still going for that. also trying to get a good launch down so I can get the most consistent times and then bump up the timing to 12 base and then 14 base if my car is ok with that.

other than that, my only things left for maintenance is solid rear subframe and diff bushings, and coilovers.
commodities list is complete a/c kit, a/c vents, door hinge, paint, heat shielding the trans tunnel, valve cover gaskets, head gasket since mine is leaking onto the side of the block but still running good, throttle position sensor, and valve lash adjustment. sounds like a lot but patience is key. as of right now I am happy with how it runs. just wish it didn't sound like a Honda. that's the only thing that turns me off every time I drive.
Old 05-10-15, 07:28 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

also, can the moderators please change the name of this thread to project scarlett slow na-t build?
decided to name my car "scarlett" since both have "SC." I initially named this super cool because super starts with s and cool with a c. but it sounds super lame to me. it always did I just wanted something different.
Old 05-19-15, 09:14 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

so i finally bought what i needed to get my a/c working. blower motor and resistor. well i decided to also buy dynamat and thermotec since i had to take off a lot of stuff, might as well take everything out and make my car a little quieter and reduce trans tunnel temps.
well i already got the new blower motor and the a/c and duct assembly. just waiting to get the resistor from oreilleys. i already got the dynamat on my car as well from the firewall to the back of the front seats. i'm still waiting on the thermotec spray to come in today so i can start on that. heres some pics of the process. i'll get more as i take everything off and install thermotec.

Old 05-21-15, 10:07 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

so I misdiagnosed my vehicle and the blower motor still doesn't blow. haha. well I'm gonna just throw one more part at it, the a/c controller, and if that doesn't fix it then I know i'm never gonna have air in this car again because of all my wire removal jobs. :/ I probably removed a wire going from the a/c controller or blower motor housing on accident. whats weird though is that every once in a blue moon it does turn on when I command it to but only for like 2 or 3 seconds. but that's after 3 to 4 months of not turning it on and then randomly trying again.
anyways, got dynamat and thermotec thermoguard fr fitted on my car at last. i'll post pics. my car is super quiet now. no more heat coming in from the trans tunnel but it still gets hot in there with the windows up and no fan blowing. (this Is why I been wanting my fan to work. its been a whole year since its been working.)
lastly, I tried dying my carpet black. no Bueno. it came out a really dark blue almost purple. some spots didn't even dye from where it was folded over on itself. :/ I used 11 bottles of rit dye, a lot of water, a lot of salt, and a giant garbage can. i'm gonna have to do it again to get it black but instead of a garbage can, i'm gonna look for a tub at home depot that can hold the whole carpet without any folds. if not then i'll use my bathtub and a lot more bottles of rit.
for now, enjoy the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-thermo-1.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-thermo-2.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-thermo-3.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-carpet-1.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-carpet-2.jpg  

Old 05-30-15, 10:00 PM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming along nicely. Glad to hear the dynamat works. I put it in my car too but haven't driven it since. You might have some luck with the sem spray paint on your carpet. Might work since you got a good base color with the dye.
Old 05-31-15, 12:32 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

have you checked the wires in the wheel well harness? my blower motor wasn't working and it was because a wire in there looked intact, but it was actually chewed up just enough for it to corrode inside and lose connection. so check that harness in the wheel well. it should be a blue wire with a red stripe and silver dots if i remember correctly. i'd check all the wires anyways. i bet that's your problem though.
Old 06-01-15, 09:19 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I've tucked those wires from day one oldmantan. I got everything to work though, the main problem was that my a/c controller was shorting out. the relay gets 12 volts from the battery, I would hear the relay click, but only .11 volts were coming out. so I cut off the wire to the a/c clutch, still only .11 volts. next wire was the controller, all of a sudden 12 volts were going out the other side of the relay. haha. yeah the a/c works and is jerry rigged since the a/c controller doesn't know when the compressor is on. but its still on. I have to buy another controller soon enough, for now, it works great.
i'm not lowered either way so theres no way those wires could chew up on my car, I've planned on lowering my car from day one which is why I tucked the wires. unfortunately I don't make enough money to buy coilovers yet.

thanks scereal. its actually been a big change driving my car with the dynamat. I still hear 2 sources of rattles from my car, 1 is the center console that is missing the bolts from the a/c controller and radio housing because the dashboard screw holes stripped. gonna get those tapped out tomorrow hopefully. the other is coming from my drivers window/trim. idk yet. but other than those my car is super quiet when driving. I love it, it almost feels like a new/different car. I still haven't decided on if I want to spray sem or do more rit dye. I know that someone on the forums tried rit with a spray bottle and a little bit of water and it looked super black. it came out nice. so I might try either or. I know with either option though that the carpet wont feel the same, super rough, but like everybody says, its not like they touch it all the time.

Quick Reply: Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"