Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"

Old 12-12-14, 08:30 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so heres an update for my vehicle.
I removed the abs block, wires for the abs, ran all new lines and a tee. since I don't have trac control I only needed one tee. well now that I got finished and invested in custom flanged lines, 2 of them are leaking. :/ one of them, the company that flared the lines, said it would have no warranty because it was one of there's. my dad said I could put some Teflon tape in between the flare and the nut for the line. it theoretically should hold. I haven't driven my car in a couple days because of it.
other news, I replaced the secondary o2 sensor and the check engine light turned off at first start up. . didn't even have to reset the ecu, (I still did though cause the code was pending.)
ill post pics of how everything looks buttoned up in a few mins. but for now i'm screwed cause I have to invest more money that I don't have, and have to drive my dads truck for a while, even though it has expired plates. :/
Old 12-12-14, 08:35 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

on second note, i'll put pics up tomorrow, its too dark to take pics right now with a phone.
Old 12-18-14, 08:10 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

woah. I just read through and barely read oldmantan's last update. yeah Nevada wont let me get rid of my cats. unless I get these. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-i...ter-p-320.html
I plan on getting that one for the secondary cat.
the first cat, I plan on keeping so I don't get a code. I don't plan on buying an o2 simulator or going standalone anytime soon, so for now i'll keep my first cat. for my seconday cat, i'll put in a allflow cat and remove my resonators just like you said.
Old 12-18-14, 10:40 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

pretty sure there's only one cat, the rest are resonators, only CA cars have secondary cats, just get one cat and you should be good, straight pipe the rest.
Old 12-19-14, 11:14 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I have a California emissions vehicle. I found out when I was looking for my ecu. I had leaky caps but they had damaged the mother board so I needed a new one. I had the primary cat, with a straight pipe for the second cat, so I failed smog. I actually passed with the numbers, but I failed cause of the visual. I think the guy was just too strict.
anyways, here's a little update for my car. I just got off the phone with the insurance company, and they're gonna give me 1885.21 back. that's including buying my car back and salvage title cost. I think that's decent, but I really wanna buy both door hinges, sent them to get repaired by some guy in Australia that does it professionally, and new inner door panels. both sides since mine are destroyed. also i'd buy the radiator cover, the thing that has a little hole for the high side a/c port. also the drivers side fender and fender well. that's about all I can do with that money. I would like to buy a new front bumper plus lip for my car too since its destroyed, but idk if i'd have enough. i'll wait till I get my money then start asking around. I know aliga has everything but I don't want to ask him until I know for sure I have the money.
heres the pictures for my car now.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20141219_104708.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20141219_104717.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20141219_104723.jpg  
Old 12-19-14, 11:16 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

the blue paint on the firewall is so that the hole I welded shut, from the heater core, doesn't get rusted. I know its ugly but that will be fixed as well. I plan on doing all that the first time I take my engine out of my vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20141219_104732.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-20141219_104736.jpg  
Old 12-19-14, 01:04 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

one last update that i forgot to post. my girlfriend bought me prothane polyurethane bushings for my birthday. she bought me the whole set, front lower control arms, front upper control arms, rear lower control arms, rear upper control arms, (i know theyre traction arms or something like that,) both sway bars and rack and pinion bushings.
heres the ebay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-2207-Prot...-/190874222749
it was supposed to be here between the 16th to the 19th. i was hoping it would be here before today since its my birthday today and i wanted to spend all day installing it. i wont get a chance to do it now till next wednesday cause of my work schedule. but oh well, still celebrating my birthday with my family. im sure my car is going to feel way better after cause i've been feeling loud cracks everytime i hit a bump. i saw witness marks of my lower control arm on the drivers side hitting the subframe. so i cant wait to feel the difference.
Old 12-20-14, 12:34 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

happy birthday man! girlfriends are great, especially when they buy you car parts lol. you'll get the car back together no problem with that money. however try looking for a hinge at the junk yard, maybe even the entire door. rebuilding the hinge seems a bit unecessary.
Old 12-20-14, 07:54 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

the main reason I want to rebuild it is cause of this website oldmantan.
http://www.jkwebdesign.co.uk/lexusclub/doors.htm
this seems like a lot more work than I care to do. and i'm 100% sure that the reason my door panel broke ikn the first place is cause my door hinge has always been hard. it gets stuck when opening or closing. i'm sure if I bought one from the junkyard that was in good condition, I wouldn't have it rebuilt, but the last thing I need is to go through a second door panel. lol. my door is so hard and heavy to close.
Old 12-20-14, 07:55 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

also, I do plan on buying it from the junkyard. its really hard finding sc's in the junkyard in vegas, but there are some.
Old 12-20-14, 11:21 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i'm having a hard time understand your reasoning, fixing the hinge is obviously really hard and no one wants to do it, that's why you should get a used one, ppl sell em on here, ask aliga he's constantly parting out cars. you might as well just get the whole door with the hinge as well since yours isn't very pretty lol.

EDIT: actually i take that back, your door isn't bad at all. that can be easily fixed
Old 12-20-14, 01:50 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I know my door can easily be fixed. that's why I didn't include it in the stuff I wanted to buy with my settlement.
anyways, if I buy a door hinge from the salvage yard, which are dirt cheap, and it needs to be fixed, i'll send it to get fixed. if its in good shape. i'll just install it and call it a day. that's all I mean. why not just buy one from aliga and not worry if its good or not? idk honestly. i'd buy one from him but idk how much it cost. like I said earlier, don't want to ask till I get the money.
Old 12-20-14, 09:58 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

yea once you get the check you can start researching prices. good luck, she'll be back in tip top shape in no time.
Old 12-22-14, 10:28 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

good evening my fellow clublexus members. I have good news. I received my prothane full bushing set in the mail today. I was misinformed, it does not come with rack bushings, but luckily I changed those recently. so I wasn't to worried about those anyways. I went ahead and tried to get my passenger lower control arm done, (since I know they are among the hardest,) with no success. its too late, I work early in the morning so I decided to call it a night. but I got one of the 2 bushings on the passenger lca out. I just need to clean the inside of the shell then do the other side. suprisingly though, the bushings on the passenger side were not as bad as I had thought. they actually were in good condition. my drivers side lca is hitting the subframe. I wonder if its normal for one side control arm bushing to go out while the other stays in good shape? any thoughts? I will try and post pics up soon. I would like to fully sand and polish all control arms as well, but am not dead set on it. more time than its worth.
more good news. I went ahead and bought obx headers for my sc300. I bought them off amazon for 189. I have a buddy who works at best muffler shop and am gonna have him do a little fabrication on it for me. i'll show you guys when its done, i'm not one to care if you like my ideas or not, I just enjoy doing what I do. sometimes I need help with ideas, sometimes i'm stubborn and know its dumb but in my head its the only way I see it work out, so I keep it to myself until the project is done. abs removal for example, I didn't tell anybody at work or family what I was doing or why, until I was done. everybody thought I was stupid, but I love it!!! cause at the end of the day, that's all that matters.
Old 12-24-14, 02:34 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

so I got another update, I have finished my passenger front lower control arm bushings and front sway bar bushings. i'm currently working on the drivers side, but bad news is, the bushings are still in great shape. they look as if they have barely been broken in, (metaphor.) but that is bad news because something else is cause a loud metal to metal contact every time I hit a bump. I have a feeling its the strut mounts.
technically speaking, im still happy I changed my bushings, I believe polyurethane is better than stock rubber. (personal opinion). my sway bar bushing on the front drivers was damn near destroyed though. ha.
more bad news, everytime I take my car to work and do a job, I lift it up and look underneath, I have always seen residual oil, so last time I thoroughly cleaned it out. last night, while doing the control arms and sway bar bushings, I saw my front main seal and water pump amongst other things leaking. i'm going to start buying TT pistons now, along with front and rear main seal, water pump, idk if 2jz's use silicone or an actual gasket for the oil pan but that too, basically complete engine rebuild and reseal. also, another project is coilovers to hopefully cure the metal to metal sound. any recommendations, not too terribly priced but not too cheap either. I know its hard to mix the two but i'm looking for quality and decent price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"