Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-14, 12:35 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

i have Megan EZ streets, they're only like 600 i think, i like mine a lot, they're great, not too stiff, and not bouncy at all. i think i have the Supra ones since they're stiffer though, i don't remember what the guy said when i bought the car but i think the Supra ones fit if you want a little stiffer ride.
Old 12-27-14, 11:54 PM
jayydm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please let us know how those bushings come out. I just ordered mine every bushing for my car and just awaiting them to come in
Old 12-28-14, 08:58 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey jayydm. I love the bushings. they make the car feel slightly stiffer than my stock but good bushings, at least in the front. but its not a bad stiffer. its a, "i love the way this car feels now," stiffer. ha.
I haven't gotten to the rears as I am running into a slight problem with them.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...pful-hint.html
this page is coming in handy but I already saw what it meant before I read this thread and planned on it.
I rounded out the bolt on the right rear upper control arm and have no way to get to it besides lower the subframe. i removed the c-clip and locking tab, held it in place with 19mm wrench, but the bolt that i put the socket on rounded out. so since tomorrow i'm going to California with my dad for his hand operation, hopefully we come back same night and I can work on it on Tuesday. Wednesday i'd take everything with me to work and press all the old bushings out. by new years I can have new bushings.
oldmantan. i like the megan street coils. they cost 900 brand new. theyre 32 way adjustable and have read some good things about those. but i'm thinking since my struts are leaking, but aren't wearing my tires yet, i'll save up on that money and starting buying everything i need to rebuild my engine. i already made a list of stuff i would like to rebuild my engine with. i'll post it up later.
Old 12-30-14, 08:21 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

sweet!!! my dad fronted me a 2jz engine today from Nevada pic a part! its in really good condition, externally, besides the rear main seal. I plan on doing a complete overhaul of the engine though as stated above, swap it into my car, then go on from there.
got held up on removing the rear subframe due to weather, girlfriend being sick, and being at the pic a part all day removing the 2jz from a burned down sc300. I got almost everything ready, I just need the three bolts on the driveline coupler, and hand brake cable. after that its just the bolts for the subframe and it comes down.
Old 01-01-15, 04:49 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

finally got time to post pics and everything. sadly clublexus only lets me upload 5 pics per post.
alright, first picture is my headers. they look really good, and for cheap. I now most people go turbo manifolds which is why they don't make many headers, but I don't have money for turbo yet. or the vehicle to be honest, mine needs more work than anything, a turbo will not help it out.
first problem with these though is that the bungs are different. ours are 2 bolt flange type o2 sensors. as seen in picture 3. instead of me buying a screw on o2, i'm gonna modify these headers to take 2 bolt flange o2 sensors. but the problem with these headers also is that, when you install the sensor on bank 2, it hits the firewall. so I need to remove the 3 to 1 pipe, make custom ones, and weld on the 2 bolt flange. the second problem is that the headers don't want to go onto the engine unless I force them onto the block. but that's easy to get around. 3 problem, at least for me, I want to hopefully be able to pass smog without any cats, might be able to, might not. either way I plan on keeping factory manifolds just in case. but if I ever get pulled over and cops want to look at my engine bay and see no cats, i'm screwed, which is why I bought the cats in picture number 4 and 5. they are fake cats that go all the way through.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-headers.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-inside-of-headers.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-wrong-bungs.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-fake-cat.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-fake-cat-1.jpg  

Old 01-01-15, 05:27 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

first pic is how I plan to weld my first fake cat. like I said last post, don't want to get pulled over and have a cop know theres not a catalytic. I overthink a lot and am very precautious.
anyways, pic 2 is how the last person decided to weld the exhaust. I don't like it cause if I ever need to drop it, I need to drop it from beginning to end. I don't like that so i'm gonna add a flange after the second cat. by the way, I bought 2 of those fake cats, theyre both 2.5 inches and gonna remove both cats, both resonators, and put different mufflers, mine rattle.
3rd and 4th pic are how bad my diff bushings are. I wish I had the money to fix these and buy solid bushings. I want solid bushings for the whole rear suspension, I know its louder, but has way less flex. I don't mind the noise.
last pic, my diff isn't leaking from the cover. I just probably overfilled it last time I did the diff service, so Its leaking out the breather tube. i'm gonna remove it from the subframe, and clean it all off. i'll see if I can probably put a hose or something so instead of leaking over the diff, itll leak onto the floor or something.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-what-i-plan.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-bad-exhaust.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-diff-bushing-1.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-diff-bushing-2.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-leaky-diff-.jpg  

Old 01-01-15, 05:45 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

finally got my rear subframe down. time to get all my rear prothane suspension bushings done and out of the way. .
first two pics are of my whole subframe minus the left spindle. in case you couldn't tell, the subframe is actually upside down. the biggest reason why you drop the rear subframe when doing rear bushings is because of the upper control arms. there's not enough space to put a nut or ratcheting wrench on the nut, and the bolt is too tight. I rounded out the bolt so I figured now would be a good time to drop subframe and clean some stuff out.
3rd and 4th pics are of the upper control arm bolts and nuts. the first clip, c clip, has to come up, then the pronged washer has to pull out. that's supposed to stop the bolt from turning, but theres more force needed than that stop can take. I didn't bend or break them since I already new to remove it.
5th picture is of both my upper control arms removed.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-subframe.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-subframe-2.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-uca-bolt-and-locking-nut.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-uca-bolt-2.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-upper-control-arms.jpg  

Old 01-01-15, 05:58 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

pics 1 and 2 are of my upper control arm bushings. they are in pretty good shape. they look exactly the same as the upper control arm bushings in the front. i'll take pics and post those to for you guys later.
pics 3 and 4 are of my spindle with all the arms. 1 is from the front obviously and the other is of the rear. the hardest arm to get to is the one that's right behind the dust shield of the rotor. its super hard to get to the nut, especially when the spindle is removed. lol. so I just got my air impact and removed the bolt.
Attached Thumbnails Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-uca-bushings.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-uca-bushings-2.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-img_0414.jpg   Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"-spindle.jpg  
Old 01-05-15, 07:57 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

i finally finished my vehicle and got all my bushings in last night except for my rear sway bar bushings.
car feels way tighter when going over bumps but I still have a problem when turning hard. I know its from my differential bushings since the rear end just breaks loose a little bit after I turn the wheel. I know that because my front left tire met a right side curb today after making a left hand turn. haha. I know i'm stupid but everything is ok. only hit my tire. i'm getting an alignment today to figure out how bad everything is, mostly because I dropped the whole rear subframe.
the only problem I have now, which is weird because the only thing I did to my car was suspension and exhaust, is that my car feels like its misfiring and smoking real bad. I know that I have an exhaust leak now cause the donut after the exhaust manifold didn't go on all the way but i'm gonna fix that today. but I don't think that would cause white smoke for 10 mins of idling or a misfire like feeling. all my wires are on, everything seems to be fine. i'll check it out today though.
Old 01-05-15, 04:49 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

haha!!! blown headgasket strikes another 2jz. I removed individual spark plug wires while vehicle was running to see if all the cylinders were contributing equally. number 6 cylinder didn't change the idle at all. so I new it was the weakest. I removed spark plug and turned on the engine only to have the engine spit out coolant at me. haha. well I guess I need a new good engine. scared to drive it to work everyday now but its my only car. as I said before, I have another 2jz ge that I just got from a junkyard from a car that was burned down. I don't know the condition of the engine except for that the rear main seal is leaking. but I guess now is a good time to find out. lol.
man and I had already called my buddy for the exhaust welding job too. :/ guess I have to hold off on that now too.
Old 01-06-15, 01:24 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

time to gte!!??
Old 01-07-15, 01:19 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

no. I wish I had the money for it but I don't. also, I wouldn't gte, I would just na-t. its better in my opinion, I already talked to ali sc3 about a ffim and everything that needs to be done for ffim. I already am looking at lower compression pistons, and better rods, keeping ge headgasket and everything for my new engine. speaking of new engine.
I took apart my cylinder head on the new engine I just got, and it also had a bad head gasket on number 6 cylinder. but nothing that cant be fixed. I took the cylinder head off so I can take it to my buddys muffler shop. i'm taking the headers down there today to get fabbed up. and I found out that the o2 sensors on the obx headers DO NOT hit the firewall. they are about a foot away from the firewall actually. I don't remember where I read that but I tried it on today just as a mock up, and they are no where near the firewall. haha. so all I have to do now is weld on my fake cat and weld on the 2 bolt flange o2 sensors for it.
more good news, I just bought an amazon complete gasket set with head bolts for $77. it's a brand called evergreen. never heard of it so i'm just gonna try it since the engine I have in my car is gonna come out as soon as I finish the new to me engine.
Old 01-12-15, 07:54 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

finally got my headers done from best muffler shop. I get my car tomorrow so i'll take pictures and show everybody how they were made. I hope I love them
I also bought a bunch of stuff I needed to fix my car back to normal. I bought a new to me fender, new to me door panels, upper and lower for both passenger and drivers, new to me a/c condenser cover, and new to me door hinge. I also bought a r154 bellhousing and driftmotions 11.5 lbs flywheel. 5 speed swap here I come.
lastly, I ordered in the whole gasket set for my engine. i'm currently rebuilding the engine that I have sitting in the garage so I can just toss it into my car and then fix up the other one. i'm not gonna mil the head or anything, just make sure its straight enough to put back on the new head gasket and call it a day with this engine. straight edges come in handy when you need them. lol.
i'll keep anybody that's interested, posted. if nobody, well at least I have a good ,"have done," for my car that I can always look back on.
Old 01-16-15, 08:15 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

happened to find an exhaust leak from the header shop. one of the bolts ended up being stripped so I had to replace it from my other head. the other 3 bolts they left loose. no biggie, till I found out either that I had another exhaust leak or something is actually ticking pretty bad. idk yet. but once I fix this, i'm gonna fix it and then have another shop make me a b pipe with another fake cat. all in 2.5 inches. hopefully its cheap cause I wanna get my whole exhaust set up. new mufflers, new y pipe no resonators, no cats, nothing but mufflers and fake cats. we'll see how this goes.
in other news, I got my r154 to 1jz bell housing in the mail today. I also got my 1jz lightweight flywheel and marlin crower v.s.s. all I need now is r154 clutch kit and shifter extension and then I can bolt up my trans. last thing I would need is w58 trans mount. shouldn't be too bad. i'll look around when I get the money.
Old 01-29-15, 12:14 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

heres the video of my car with the headers and b pipe with no/fake cats.
I still have to go back to the muffler shop to get the last piece of my exhaust done. i'm getting rid of my resonators and adding magnaflow ovals.

Quick Reply: Project Scarlett -> Slow NA-T Build"