Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheels
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-image.jpg  
Old 12-15-14, 08:53 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you ever even heard the car run......spend your money how you like but from pics you should have done some overall maintenance first on the car before pouring money into turbo kit and wheels.....from the pics it looks like many areas of this car have been overlooked.....the rear brake rotors look toast...
Old 12-15-14, 09:11 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Have you ever even heard the car run......spend your money how you like but from pics you should have done some overall maintenance first on the car before pouring money into turbo kit and wheels.....from the pics it looks like many areas of this car have been overlooked.....the rear brake rotors look toast...
Hmm I bought the car like that I didn't pour money into anything beside the ecu harness and ffim
Old 12-15-14, 09:48 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

super lol at tweaked, but that's just me. Your grammar has me super confused, I was under the impression that you were buying a new harness and not doing a rework which would mean that tweaked would absolutely no need your harness. Harness repair can be a pain, but if the car ran and ran decent, then it wasnt that bad, just needed to be cleaned up and streamlined, double checked, all stuff that isn't very time consuming. A couple hundred dollars worth of work at best, maybe $25 in materials. Before shipping price shouldn't be more than $300 since this really isn't a difficult affair.

good luck on this, I highly suggest spending the next 6 months learning and understanding about what you got going on. The understanding is the key. It's real easy to get screwed on these cars when you have no clue what you're doing, parts and services for these things aren't cheap.

and whatever that rats nest of wiring was by the fusebox, figure out how to fix that. But seriously, post up price you're paying or paid for your harness rework and some details of what needed to be done to get it into shape.
Old 12-15-14, 10:20 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Vrank
super lol at tweaked, but that's just me. Your grammar has me super confused, I was under the impression that you were buying a new harness and not doing a rework which would mean that tweaked would absolutely no need your harness. Harness repair can be a pain, but if the car ran and ran decent, then it wasnt that bad, just needed to be cleaned up and streamlined, double checked, all stuff that isn't very time consuming. A couple hundred dollars worth of work at best, maybe $25 in materials. Before shipping price shouldn't be more than $300 since this really isn't a difficult affair.

good luck on this, I highly suggest spending the next 6 months learning and understanding about what you got going on. The understanding is the key. It's real easy to get screwed on these cars when you have no clue what you're doing, parts and services for these things aren't cheap.

and whatever that rats nest of wiring was by the fusebox, figure out how to fix that. But seriously, post up price you're paying or paid for your harness rework and some details of what needed to be done to get it into shape.
My bad I didn't mean to get you confused. I was going to extend my harness with a jdm harness but after I talked to my boss at work he pretty much gave all the o/t I wanted so I said skip the extending wire bs I'll just have tweak make me a plug and play proefi harness for 899 I felt like that was great deal I won't have to re pin anything and it's new. The car run well did when I 1st checked it out but when I finaily got around it had a fuel pump problem that's why the car wasnt starting. I didn't buy this car from someone off the streets I bought the car from a well trusted buddy he gave a me the run down of everything that's wrong with the car everything that's on the car and everything that I might need for the car. He offered to help with the but we live on different sides of the state. I use this website and my shop for info that's need I do have some understanding but I'm not a know it all. This is my 1st time doing thing like this I'm more of a sound system guy and this engine stuff is in a league of its own
Old 12-16-14, 06:31 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
You could tell you just looking at pictures... You would have seen he answered your post a few post ago if you tried reading some more.

More power to you man that price is solid out here I'm getting charged 1200 for a revamped harness and my harness isn't as bad as yours I still drive my car

But since you are refreshing your harness I'm guessing the price would be cheaper?

Last edited by BAD954BOI; 12-16-14 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Simplify
Old 12-17-14, 12:03 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

this is the price of the new harness made for the proefi48 wired for all the sensors
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-065.png  
Old 12-17-14, 12:33 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is your car auto or manual ?

Do a coil on plug conversion while they have your harness, it will save you time and money and since you are not good with wiring they can make everything plug and play.

Last thing replace those valve cover bolts , the rusted one with some new ones from the hardware store.
Old 12-17-14, 01:06 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Is your car auto or manual ?

Do a coil on plug conversion while they have your harness, it will save you time and money and since you are not good with wiring they can make everything plug and play.

Last thing replace those valve cover bolts , the rusted one with some new ones from the hardware store.
The car is manual it had a w58 its been replaced with the r154. The coil on plug is already in effect. I got gte coils and ignitor with the resistor pack. You gave me a break down of batch fuel injection. When I talked to tweaked and PROEFI they said that's what I have to run.. I had some more questions about that like how horsepower can batched fuel injection can hardle and while I i be able to run e85. Just trying to get an idea so I can know what size fuel injectors to get.
Old 12-17-14, 01:42 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

id1000 or fic 1100 to start with, those are the best injectors money can buy! Don't buy anything smaller than 1000cc.

I am really excited to see what its going to do!

You are one of the only person on that actually listens when others give you some advice! So with that being said If you have or need anything hit me up, I will be more than happy to help you.
Old 12-18-14, 02:15 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really like those wheels
Old 12-19-14, 01:35 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by 99SC42
id1000 or fic 1100 to start with, those are the best injectors money can buy! Don't buy anything smaller than 1000cc.

I am really excited to see what its going to do!

You are one of the only person on that actually listens when others give you some advice! So with that being said If you have or need anything hit me up, I will be more than happy to help you.
Thanx bud !! 😊 I been looking at the fic fuel injectors I think im going with those
Old 12-19-14, 01:36 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Really like those wheels
Thanx they came with the car ! I'm glad it came with rims because after buying rims for my challenger I don't want to buy rims ever again
Old 12-24-14, 03:12 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

really coming together its going to run really nice on that setup. batch fire should not be a problem with e85 even at much higher hp levels.

Quick Reply: Detroit NA-T build up coming soon