Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Detroit NA-T build up coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-14, 01:20 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I forgot you had a build thread when you pm'd me for queistions. how did you wire those coils? which ignitor did you use? if you are going to use 6 coils then you need to use the gte ignitor and not the ds62 ignitor, its all in the tt ecu mod thread. if you don't get spark the ecu will not inject fuel, its a failsafe. let me know.
Old 10-06-14, 01:51 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I forgot you had a build thread when you pm'd me for queistions. how did you wire those coils? which ignitor did you use? if you are going to use 6 coils then you need to use the gte ignitor and not the ds62 ignitor, its all in the tt ecu mod thread. if you don't get spark the ecu will not inject fuel, its a failsafe. let me know.
im going outside to take some close up pictures to show was going on in the engine bay.. i havent been started in a couple months. it will crank up like it wont start but it wont start. it have walbro 255 fuel pump. while i was trying to start it i had someone stand in the back to see if they could hear the fuel pump come on and thy said they heard nothing.. back im going out side to take more pictures
Old 10-06-14, 01:58 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

The coils are from a camry i think the injectors are stock 550cc it have a gte map
Old 10-10-14, 10:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

so do you have a gte ignitor? you will need a gte ignitor on that sort of setup.
Old 10-11-14, 02:50 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

This is the igniter that's on the car I believe it's to the gte
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-image.jpg  
Old 10-12-14, 07:35 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

question... since im running a stock gte ecu for now would i need a piggyback or boost controller ??
Old 10-14-14, 07:09 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

so do you have a gte ignitor? you will need a gte ignitor on that sort of setup.
Think this could be a reason why it won't fire up ?
Old 10-14-14, 07:10 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Another view
Old 10-14-14, 07:11 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

The connector to the igniter
Old 10-14-14, 07:13 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

I put my netter to it to check if power was going to it but I got nothing.. So I wondering if maybe the guy who started the project maybe wired it wrong
Old 10-15-14, 10:27 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

So you have pictured there a stock ignitor. those will not work with the tt ecu mod.

If you have vvti coils you need a DS62 ignitor. and you also need to do the wiring in the tt ecu mod.
Since you have GTE coils, you need a GTE ignitor, and you also need to do the wiring in the tt ecu mod in post 4 which shows the wiring for the GTE ignitor, as there are 3 more coils so lots of more wires to wire up.

looks like someone just cut the wires from the stock ignitor, and I am not sure what they did with it, looks like they stopped there. there is no way it will run like that. wrong ignitor and wiring looks wrong.

please read the tt ecu mod again, and get the right coil/ignitor combination, then it needs to be wired up. also the map sensor and IAT. the 550cc injectors are a little large but they should start and run fine so don't bother with the piggyback yet until after you get it started, it will just create more of a mess now.
Old 10-15-14, 03:59 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

So you have pictured there a stock ignitor. those will not work with the tt ecu mod.

If you have vvti coils you need a DS62 ignitor. and you also need to do the wiring in the tt ecu mod.
Since you have GTE coils, you need a GTE ignitor, and you also need to do the wiring in the tt ecu mod in post 4 which shows the wiring for the GTE ignitor, as there are 3 more coils so lots of more wires to wire up.

looks like someone just cut the wires from the stock ignitor, and I am not sure what they did with it, looks like they stopped there. there is no way it will run like that. wrong ignitor and wiring looks wrong.

please read the tt ecu mod again, and get the right coil/ignitor combination, then it needs to be wired up. also the map sensor and IAT. the 550cc injectors are a little large but they should start and run fine so don't bother with the piggyback yet until after you get it started, it will just create more of a mess now.
Hey thanx for all the help this is my 1st doing anything like this.. But I have a couple more questions... I plan on going stand alone ecu next month and I'm thinking about buying a gte harness. Do you think that will be a good idea ?? Where can I find a gte igniter at and do the stock igniter connecter fit the gte ? I'm not trying to kill you with 1000 question
Old 10-15-14, 09:07 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Ok last question for the week... That picture is that right gte igniter... ? If so I see it have two plugs on there how do I wire them up
Old 10-16-14, 10:09 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yes thats a gte ignitor, you will need alot of spare wires and pins to wire it up. check out the tt ecu mod post #4.
again that is post #4. has a diagram of the gte ignitor.

you will need the gte ignitor regardless of using standalone or factory ecu.
gte coils are dumb coils (2 pins), the need an ignitor.
Old 10-16-14, 10:58 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

yes thats a gte ignitor, you will need alot of spare wires and pins to wire it up. check out the tt ecu mod post #4.
again that is post #4. has a diagram of the gte ignitor.

you will need the gte ignitor regardless of using standalone or factory ecu.
gte coils are dumb coils (2 pins), the need an ignitor.

thanx a lot im going to order one today... and im sure i will have more questions next week.. im thinkin about just keeping the tt ecu in for a while

Quick Reply: Detroit NA-T build up coming soon