Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-16, 07:57 PM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting for this update! I'm impressed with those numbers and sorry to hear about all of the slight set-backs. I think I'm totally gonna steal your fuel pump setup. What did you do with the fuel vent line?
Old 03-15-16, 10:18 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Oochi
I've been waiting for this update! I'm impressed with those numbers and sorry to hear about all of the slight set-backs. I think I'm totally gonna steal your fuel pump setup. What did you do with the fuel vent line?
Thanks Oochi!

Go for it! It's a super easy and cost effective set up. As far as the vent goes, it was left open right there under the tank. Just as it's pictured.

My car sits in the garage and currently has a full tank. You can't smell it at all. It'll be fine and safe.
Old 03-16-16, 11:08 AM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by outlaw0209
Thanks Oochi!

Go for it! It's a super easy and cost effective set up. As far as the vent goes, it was left open right there under the tank. Just as it's pictured.

My car sits in the garage and currently has a full tank. You can't smell it at all. It'll be fine and safe.
Sweet. Thanks, dude. How much AN line did you end up needing? And are those seats FIA or SFI rated? I also notice you don't have a fuel pressure regulator on those rails?
Old 03-16-16, 11:17 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Sweet. Thanks, dude. How much AN line did you end up needing? And are those seats FIA or SFI rated? I also notice you don't have a fuel pressure regulator on those rails?
I purchased a roll of 20 feet of PTFE lined Russel -6AN hose and had a couple of feet left over. To be honest, I never measured it out. If I were to guess, I'd say I used about 16 feet. So if I were you, I'd purchase 18 feet to be safe.

The seats are not FIA or SFI rated. I will later on invest in that once I decide to compete with the car, but for now, these seats will be perfect for local events and competitions.

As for the fuel pressure regulator goes, it's handled by the Corvette fuel filter since it has a built in regulator inside of it that doesn't operate off of vacuum, which is pretty nice. However, if you're going for big power, I'd say 500+, then you would need to upgrade to a standard adjustable regulator.
Old 03-27-16, 02:08 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

HUGE UPDATE!!!

-Black chunks in the oil turned out to be carbon build up and the engine was cleaning itself out
-The white stuff is unknown still haha. Did a pressure test on the cooling system and a block test, and it's perfect. So that rules out water in the oil
-Continued to break in the motor and got about 150 miles on it before the drift event. It drives AMAZING! No issues!
-Drifted my first event 3/26 and it went GREAT!!!

Long story short, I NEED a catch can. Oil was being spit out ALL OVER the engine bay from the breather filters. It actually caught on fire on the headers but was quickly put out before it got any worse. Plugged up one of the valve covers and continued driving the rest of the night.

So far, here's the only footage I have. Still waiting on pictures to submerge from the event...

Old 03-27-16, 08:54 AM
Sonict120
Driver School Candidate

great build you done
Old 03-27-16, 11:25 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Found another video!

Originally Posted by Sonict120
great build you done
Thanks dude!
Old 03-27-16, 11:17 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

And another one :-)

Old 03-30-16, 03:24 PM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Happy to see you out there driving it! Have any powersteering issues without a cooler? Also, what brand gauges are you using?
Old 03-30-16, 06:20 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Happy to see you out there driving it! Have any powersteering issues without a cooler? Also, what brand gauges are you using?
No issues. Although, I think there is "something" wrong because when I first drove it around the block it was butter smooth. Then out of nowhere, something happened and now it's a bit rough. Almost like I have no power steering but not "that" bad. Totally drivable though, so I ignored it lol

And for gauges I'm using SpeedHut
Old 04-10-16, 04:35 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Such a nice build, love the paint and body work as well. I definitely need to do the same on mine, just haven't had time to remove everything from the engine bay and the interior to paint.
Old 05-05-16, 12:30 PM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Hey bud, how's your car doing? I just got my block back from the machine shop and I'm trying to decide on main bearings. What did you go with? And what method did you break the motor in?
Old 05-05-16, 01:35 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ELLeon
Such a nice build, love the paint and body work as well. I definitely need to do the same on mine, just haven't had time to remove everything from the engine bay and the interior to paint.
Thanks! Still a lot left though in the body and paint department for the exterior and some work on the exterior. I have some plans, but saving some money up first haha

Hey bud, how's your car doing? I just got my block back from the machine shop and I'm trying to decide on main bearings. What did you go with? And what method did you break the motor in?
Hey Oochi! Car is GREAT! I've attended another drift event since the last update but only got to do 4 runs before my serpentine belt decided to fail and didn't have a replacement. Also, ended up crashing into a tire wall (not bad, just clipped it and dented my fender and broke a headlight tab haha).

I'm going to be doing another drift event this Saturday in Tucson. Pretty excited for this one. I'll be posting some pictures tonight from the last events .

As far as bearings, I went with Clevite replacements. Motor is running FANTASTIC! Not one hiccup and 700 miles so far and they're all HARD miles! Break in consisted of about 5 miles of moderate to heavy throttle and along with a lot of engine braking. From there, straight to the dyno and beat the **** out of it. I'm a firm believer in driving a motor hard to properly break it in. Don't cruise and always warm it up.
Old 05-05-16, 02:06 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

UPDATE!!!
Going back to the first event I attended, here are some of the pictures I found from media coverage...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-9qxd72i.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-anknz6t.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-3bxmdkb.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-nhqyx6j.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-lujlxgq.jpg

Since oil was spraying everywhere through the breather filters and caught fire on my headers, this was my quick fix to continue driving for the night lol

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-itn0fgf.jpg

Talking about fire, someone completely caught on fire ! Fortunately, everyone escaped the vehicle...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-nbwmdxe.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-qb8anew.jpg

Then on 4/23 there was another drift event. I only got to drive 4 times before my serpentine belt flew out of the car. I also ended up clipping the tire wall lol. Fender bent up a bit and broke a tab on my headlight.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-wbivr5o.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-i7pcsx3.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-iioewex.jpg

I also finally received my license plate and got my catch can fabbed up and I made the lines for it.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-siafqrx.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-2dqluqr.jpg

Will be attending another drift event this Saturday the 7th and hope it'll be the best one yet!
The following users liked this post:
acacg (10-19-18)
Old 05-06-16, 10:13 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subbing. I'm planning my 5.3/T56 swap now. so did you basically use the 240 Kit except for the mouths (PS lines, headers, etc)? also, whats he part number for the clutch master cylinder?

great work!

Quick Reply: SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*