Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-15, 11:51 AM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=outlaw0209;8894757]

Actually....No...Although, the 1UZ is a great engine, here's a couple of reasons why I believe the LS is an overall better platform...

Aftermarket support: Let's face it, LS engines have a far superior aftermarket support in comparison.
Power: Due to how many accessible parts there are, making power on these motors and where you want to make power is EASY.
These two points are due to the following these engines have, the 1UZ has lots support to the 2JZ and LS engines. things could be better for the 1UZ if more people modified it.

Part Availability:. If I need a water pump, intake gasket, head gasket, or whatever, chances are I can go down to the local parts store and buy it on the spot. Even if aftermarket, chances are some shop nearby has it and shipping is a very short wait.
the same can be said about the 1UZ, Autozone has all of that easily.

Size: By no means is the 1UZ small. The LS fits better in the SC than the 1UZ does.
Really? because they seem like about the same size
Simplicity: The LS has to be one of the simplest engines to work on...EVER...Removing the intake manifold, 5 minutes. Removing the heads, 30 minutes. Vacuum lines, 1 line. etc...
being experienced in working on an engine is a key point that comes into play here. but yes as far as head design, LS being simpler can have its advantages.

Weight: Although I don't have the numbers on this, I can put money on the table that the LS is lighter than the 1UZ.
nope, they both sit at about 400lbs

Reliability: Not saying that the 1UZ is less reliable, but just take the time and read this... http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engin...mm_turbos.html
there are multiple 1UZs out there with over a million miles

not trying to argue, just trying to discuss, dont want to **** on your thread.
Old 02-22-15, 06:13 PM
mooreofit
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=PseudoK;8906289]
Originally Posted by outlaw0209

Actually....No...Although, the 1UZ is a great engine, here's a couple of reasons why I believe the LS is an overall better platform...

These two points are due to the following these engines have, the 1UZ has lots support to the 2JZ and LS engines. things could be better for the 1UZ if more people modified it.

the same can be said about the 1UZ, Autozone has all of that easily.

Really? because they seem like about the same size

being experienced in working on an engine is a key point that comes into play here. but yes as far as head design, LS being simpler can have its advantages.

Weight: Although I don't have the numbers on this, I can put money on the table that the LS is lighter than the 1UZ.
nope, they both sit at about 400lbs

Reliability: Not saying that the 1UZ is less reliable, but just take the time and read this... http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engin...mm_turbos.html
there are multiple 1UZs out there with over a million miles

not trying to argue, just trying to discuss, dont want to **** on your thread.
Ive had alot of fun with my 1uz/w58 sc but the ls motors have the advantage and i will also go this route.show me where i can find 1uz heads that flow in the 300 cfms and where i can get cams at a reasonable price ie. 4-500 bones and ill reconsider also the iac for the 1uz is like 500 bucks from vatozone and others.plus the 5.3 will spool a bw s475 a whole lot quicker.im not giving up on the uz it will go in my 86.

Last edited by mooreofit; 02-22-15 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 10:07 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UPDATE!!!

First and foremost, I decided not to give it a second go at paint. I got lazy realizing that the interior was going to be a stupid amount of work to do. Luckily, Eleven's paint and fiber hooked it up! Check it out!

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-1ivfpl4.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-rajwsh7.jpg

Got the car back and then started putting it back together slowly...

Started off with the interior and getting the dash bar, pedals and master cylinders, and steering wheel in...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-hgbuprw.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-xbgke4h.jpg

Threw on the Suspicious Garage ABS delete brake lines in along with the front brakes.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-zxeetrc.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-u39jwye.jpg

Here's also the Fueled Racing engine and trans mount (Trans mount comes with a poly bushing but I left it on the trans). Also, you'll see the Fueled Racing Willwood clutch master cylinder and adapter to fit with the factory mounting points and pedal. It's a perfect fit and the rod is custom length to perfectly align the clutch pedal to the same height as the brake pedal. Also included is the steel braided line to run to the slave in the trans.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-aaymd7y.jpg
SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-kovdpnk.jpg

Then I also came up on some Stance GR+ coilovers and threw the Megan Racing ones on my other SC that I have for sale currently (If anyone is in AZ, I have an OG 5 speed for sale )...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-qfbvudx.jpg

Gerald also finally came around and sold me his dual caliper bracket for the rear. Super stoked about this and now just need to get a second set of rear brake calipers ...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-om4lgr1.jpg

My buddy Travis also got around to welding up my fittings onto the radiator and thermostat. The water pump is also getting a fitting pressed in and should be done. Just haven't got around to going to the machine shop to pick it up...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-4tdz1yi.jpg

Last, but not least, got my engine back from the machine shop! It's stupid clean, the rotating assembly spins like glass, and the heads are super smooth and coated. Machine shop guy took his time with this one and built it knowing I'm going to beat the **** out of it and he's completely confident in it. You can also spot in the corner that I now also have the Fueled Racing driveshaft in my possession.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-h9syntf.jpg

Overall, everything is coming together nicely. Still waiting on Moroso for the oil pan, and once it's here (about 2 weeks) I'll be putting the engine back together and putting it in the car once and for all!
Old 03-04-15, 10:25 AM
ronweez702
Driver School Candidate

Loving this build!! I was just talking about doing this and what's better is you posted up a budget and gave actual pricing of what you have done/spent keep the updates coming!
Old 03-08-15, 05:02 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ronweez702
Loving this build!! I was just talking about doing this and what's better is you posted up a budget and gave actual pricing of what you have done/spent keep the updates coming!
Thanks man!

BIG UPDATE!!! 3/8/15

Moroso finally shipped out a set of pans over to Fueled Racing, and as soon as I got the word, I drove my *** down to Gilbert to go pick it up. This finally allowed me to put the engine back together and throw it in the car!

The pan itself is a very high quality pan. You can see that it also come with bungs on each side of the pan for an oil return line for turbo(s) . The trap door design is also great allowing the oil to stay in place when doing some serious racing.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-ezceq6i.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-adgrtfq.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-6c4ykx6.jpg

I proceeded to get the engine ready. Here's a shot of the rotating assembly before putting the windage tray on, and you can also see that i used ARP rod bolts...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-tasalmf.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-lm5y4hk.jpg

Windage tray was then put on along with the custom oil pick up tube supplied by Moroso...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-zadwfvt.jpg

Oil pan on and getting torqued down...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-txrvsmw.jpg

Heads then are being put on...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-bevf2jt.jpg

Then, with the help of my buddy Travis, we got it in the car!!!

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-xcsdoni.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-uruu6lh.jpg

As you can see, the engine sits very low and far back. I would have to say this is a BIG plus in comparison to going GTE. Everything is very precise and you'll be able to see the engine mounts that were designed to have such a perfect fitment...

Passenger side...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-8uxzalt.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-bb4hkbn.jpg

Driver's side...

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-cfvmbnl.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-gafkf59.jpg

Then decided to start throwing on parts I had laying around, so all of the accessories are now on the car and ready to rock!

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-m0tluou.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-s0nornj.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-nvsy1yz.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-xpinlmf.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-vpmskh2.jpg

All in all, it was a very successful and productive weekend. I still need to order a set of pushrods so I can finish building the top end and that will be my next project for next week.
Old 03-31-15, 01:27 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

UPDATE!!!

Got a ton of progress done these past 2 weeks...

Finally finished up the top end build by adding in the chromoly pushrods and rocker arms. Then threw the valve covers on with my breather filter/pcv delete set up. Utilizing a Metco breather that bolts on to the factory oil cap location, and a K&N push in filter where the 3/4" grommet is on the other valve cover.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-yjirmdr.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-cerahrq.jpg

Then I was finally able to get started on the wiring. Basically took the factory 5.3 harness, depinned everything utilizing only individual connectors with flying leads, delete any unwanted items such as AC, emissions crap, etc, route everything the way I wanted, then shorten/extend every wire to my desired PCM location.

It's also hard to tell, but you can see that I also installed my new fuel rails

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-qt1ihu1.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-icwcwg2.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-0atmi7c.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-sw8vj49.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-adyoylp.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-iqfvks3.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-72o0mdb.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-gtal3c5.jpg

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-z4cvkj6.jpg

This is the final product without the wiring loom. Barely noticeable and simple! While I was at it, threw on the coil packs.

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-8iolhd8.jpg

Also got to cutting the dashboard for the roll cage and installed it and got my NRG steering wheel, quick release, and short hub installed,

SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*-4hy4ofg.jpg

Next weekend will be to tackle battery relocation and power and ground distribution.
Old 03-31-15, 11:56 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhh my Geeee great updates

I love the sound of a boosted LS
Old 03-31-15, 12:07 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you find that gold anno shift bracket?
Old 03-31-15, 01:58 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kez
Ohhh my Geeee great updates

I love the sound of a boosted LS
Thanks! Engine is built with boost in mind. However, will be later down the road. Right now, just want to get it running and hit the track

Originally Posted by ems
where did you find that gold anno shift bracket?
It's an MGW shifter. Arguably, the best shifter available for the T56. They have various different brackets to place the shifter in different positions, all of which come in the same color.
Old 03-31-15, 02:27 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It gives me an Idea... time to hit the mini lathe.
Old 04-01-15, 08:25 AM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default One Sexy SC: outlaw0209's Lexus Drift Machine is Sliding Toward Completion

One Sexy SC: outlaw0209's Lexus Drift Machine is Sliding Toward Completion

Confession: the SC drift special you see here is not the car I'm writing about today. Forum member outlaw0209 owned it until someone rear-ended him, damaging his SC's frame rails. He then decided to part ways with the car. Fortunately, he got another SC 300...

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 04-02-15, 08:34 AM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Looks great! I think I've meet you at twin peaks with your Supra.
Old 04-02-15, 10:20 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

Damn nice man, looks so beautiful. Keep us updates as much as possible please!
Old 04-06-15, 02:16 PM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Wish I had big updates for you guys, but I got sick this weekend and really couldn't do much...However, the engine harness is now loomed up and about halfway through the fuse box wiring. I called off of work today, so hopefully by the end of the day today I'll have a finished product with wiring and I'll post up some pictures!

Originally Posted by DShiekhi
One Sexy SC: outlaw0209's Lexus Drift Machine is Sliding Toward Completion

Confession: the SC drift special you see here is not the car I'm writing about today. Forum member outlaw0209 owned it until someone rear-ended him, damaging his SC's frame rails. He then decided to part ways with the car. Fortunately, he got another SC 300...

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Wow! Super awesome. I'm flattered and I really appreciate the support and love

Originally Posted by Phoenyx084
Looks great! I think I've meet you at twin peaks with your Supra.
Yup! Been out there a couple of times. Hopefully I'll be bringing the SC once it's done fairly soon!

Originally Posted by InLyneTrbo
Damn nice man, looks so beautiful. Keep us updates as much as possible please!
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 04-07-15, 11:57 AM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Cool build, SC n V8 just seems right.

Quick Reply: SC530 Drift Build (LSx/T56 Swapped SC300) *Picture Dump*