Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Justin2JZ's very slow Aristo swap build

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-14, 11:16 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Justin2JZ's very slow Aristo swap build

So I've been on here for a few years and Im finally starting to get things going with modding my GS300.

My bestfriend bought a Aristo swapped SC300 while stationed in Colorado before be was deployed to Afghanistan. The SC is a total train wreck, his friend is taking the motor out of it tomorrow and the plan is for him to ship the motor to me. I asked him to do a compression test and take the twins off to see what condition theyre in. If theyre bad I'll go ahead and piece together a turbo kit.

This is the SC300. Horrible condition.

My GS

Picked up a ton of goodies from Sewell. Got the 120k package, Timing belt, Water Pump and other goodies.

Put the car in the air to see where trans fluid was leaking turned out the pan gasket was rotting.

Got caught by my brother fighting with the old gasket, my gasket removing tool went MIA so I was carefully using a knife and a razor.

Random puppy pic

I havent done anything to the GS because its not a daily driver, never was so it mainly sits I'll drive it a once or twice a week. Ive been itching to get the mods going lately and my friend offering me the GTE is right on time.

Im not sure if I want to go put the GTE in or just freshen it up and sell it and find a 1st gen GS300 block and a TT HG and go NA-T. The only thing wrong with the GE is the exhaust cam seal is starting to leak a little other than that the GE is boost ready.

Im buying coils soon ( debating on PBM or Ksport), trying to find a set of wheels, nothing aggressive as Im only rolling my fenders. Also gonna get some Clazzio seat covers because my interior isnt the best. If I can find some M35 or LS430 projectors I'll pick those up as well but I need to sand my headlights. My inner tails need love too.

Once I get possession of the GTE I'll decide if I want to put it in my car or not.

My daily is a 08' 535i, looks stock but is tuned and has a few boltons. The boost that im pushing and my *** dyno says shes around 400whp. 335i's with the same mods put down 400-430whp. Its quick and will surprise people but the cars a POS though I hate it, its unreliable as hell.

Old 06-22-14, 09:45 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

GTE is getting pulled from the SC300 as I type this. Cant wait to get a hold of it.
Old 06-23-14, 11:45 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to see your build!
Old 06-23-14, 03:19 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by armanitran
I can't wait to see your build!
Thanks man,

Well my buddy is in the process of taking the 2J out of the SC and hes been giving me nothing but bad news. He said nothing on the motor was tight, there was uncovered wires exposed to metal and the turbos arent in good shape. So its definite that it'll need a total rebuild. I might have to send it over to a shop, I kind expected it but not all of that. The motor isnt even out of the car yet.

The front turbo
Old 06-24-14, 03:34 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Okay guys so I lucked out and found a 2JZGTE partout so Im having my friend look at everything thats wrong with the motor so I can tell the guy. The seller isnt sure if the turbos have shaft play he said he'll check, if theyre fine is $225 good for the turbos and manifolds? Thats what I offered.
Old 07-09-14, 01:20 AM
DOPEPICS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lil high for stock twins...
Old 07-09-14, 04:11 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

following this build.. i did notice las t time i was on Sewell's website that there's a few options now to get the complete timing belt get with water pump and thermostat or just the timing belt...
Old 07-09-14, 05:53 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DOPEPICS
That's a lil high for stock twins...
The guy got back with me after I asked about shaft play and thankfully he was honest and told me that there was shaft play so I passed on that deal.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
following this build.. i did notice las t time i was on Sewell's website that there's a few options now to get the complete timing belt get with water pump and thermostat or just the timing belt...
I actually just looked on my order history I bought the 120k kit and the timing belt kit separately. I got the 120k before when I swapped out the spark plugs and valve cover gaskets.

Well I do have a few updates, I decided that Im going to go NA-T because that GTE needs too much work so Im having my buddy sell the car in Colorado and I'll give him a portion of the money. I have a question, if I find a 93-97 GS300 bottom end will it have the same sump? My plan is to go with a non-VVTI bottom end with a TT HG and studs and probably do a little bit of head modifications. I definitely will be going with a FFIM because that stock intake is just horrid I hate it. Also Im having trouble choosing between a PTE 6766 or a BW S366.
Old 07-26-14, 07:55 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Have a question, the NA intake manifold has the butterfly valve thats for more low end torque. Im looking at a XS Power FFIM, will the motor be fine without it other than losing a little torque? Im starting to piece together a turbo kit and Im currently looking for GTE con rods and pistons. One more question, can the stock manifold be ported and modified to a FFIM and can I use the GE throttlebody or do I need a GTE one?
Old 09-04-14, 09:20 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Quick update guys. Ive been focusing on the little things. Sanded and polished my headlights, installed HIDs, redded out my tails, got new tints, bought some GS400 spec DF210s and bought a Aimgain grille from RHDJapan.

Driver side install was a pain.

They look crazy blue in the pic but theyre not that blue in person. They are a little bluer than other 5000k bulbs they seem equivalent to 6000k but still nice. I need to order 3000k fogs.

GS400 spec DF210s. I am going to cut one coil from each spring.

Got the 15 year old tints re done. 15% all around with 35% on the windshield. Couldve went darker on the winshield as its not even noticeable

Aimgain grill came in today. Going to go with a white border with black fins.

Old 09-05-14, 01:33 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I was hoping to see a boosted engine there now but looks like its coming along... Nice Grill BTW....
Old 09-05-14, 07:45 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I was hoping to see a boosted engine there now but looks like its coming along... Nice Grill BTW....
Yeah man Ive been busy because I work at Braman now so I havent had time. Im just getting it to look pretty and then Ill start to work on the go fast mods. Trust me it kills me when Im on the highway knowing that this car cant get out of its own way.
Old 09-09-14, 09:59 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Finally lowered my car I love the lack of body roll.I did cut a coil and a half off but the car still handles amazing. I plan to be on coils by early next year. I have 08' G35S wheels that are gonna go on afer I roll and shave my fenders.

Old 10-09-14, 08:18 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Mounted the Aimgain still waiting to get it professionally painted.

Old 10-27-14, 05:54 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

So I did my water pump or timing belt and some transmission work last week courtesy of Island Boy Tuning. Didnt want to be rolling around on my OG timing belt while I get ready for boost so I just went ahead and got that done. It looks like Ill be Aristo swapped sooner than I thought if a transaction goes through with a swapped GS so Im counting on that.

Quick Reply: Justin2JZ's very slow Aristo swap build