Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

new to lexus! 00"gs300 im trying to modernize

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-14, 10:58 AM
travieb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to lexus! 00"gs300 im trying to modernize

k so im very new to this type of communication. i have a 00 gs300 , has some body damage about 1500 worth , the climate control is going out , and the radio display is out, i want to make this car look sick!!!! not really sure where to start. any aftermarket sites for climate control or radio combos to modernize , head and taillight combo kits , bodykits , interior packages, i own this car outright and it only has 16k miles on it. willing to put some money into it . has the 2jze engine
Old 06-20-14, 12:58 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to CL. and great for with only 16k

Well first you can post up in the proper section LOL. This is the build thread section.

There's not much you can do with the climate control except maybe change to LED lighting. When you say its going to you mean the lighting or the LCD display is no good? All you can really do is replace it. You might be able to find a good used functioning one here in the classified section or auto wrecker. The dealership will only rip you off.

As for the radio, most people will change it to a 2DIN touch screen with navi.

When it comes to the headlights and taillights, I would avoid ebay unless you're looking for a OEM style replacement, because all aftermarket ones looks rice as ****. Retrofit is the way to go. Same goes for the body kits. eBay kits fit like garbage and you'll end up spending so much just to make it fit properly that you're better off buying the real deal. For interior is you want custom seats and stuff I would probably just go to your local reupholstery shop and have them make some thing custom for you.