Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Dj RiDe'z 3IS 350 MRM F-Sport Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 08:34 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
I already complimented your wheels on another thread. I just found your build thread. This car looks so good and different from the rest. I had only seen one red 3IS when I bought mine, but yours is at another level Maybe you should start a thread for Matador Red Mica 3IS!
Thanks Bro! I appreciate that! I may have missed your previous comment in the other thread. I know there was a matador red thread in the 2is - we definitely need one for the 3is lol
Old 02-23-15, 08:35 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iRyan
�������� looking good my brother....VFS1 ftw
Thanks brotha! Gotta follow in your footsteps lol!!!! #TEAMVFS1
Old 07-13-15, 12:34 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Haven't Posted in a while! Posted up @ Markham Park for Audi Vs Lexus meet yesterday!
Attached Thumbnails Dj RiDe'z 3IS 350 MRM F-Sport Build-11738096_10204041135454309_181924360365023065_n.jpg  
Old 07-13-15, 02:27 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn bro its been a while! Hope all is good with you and the family. Car is still looking clean
Old 07-16-15, 08:06 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MR_CV5
Damn bro its been a while! Hope all is good with you and the family. Car is still looking clean
Thanks bro! All is well! Hope the same for you - good luck with your wheel sale - can't wait for the next set
Old 07-20-15, 08:58 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DjRiDe
Thanks bro! I'm loving the ride! The suspension feels pretty much stock to me with the bc coils. And I get the look I want. Was skeptical bout switching to coils due to losing avs but I'm glad I did. I was originally looking at j5 suspension but I had bc coils on my 2is and were happy with them before. At my current height I have no rubbing issues at all with normal driving. My wheels are 20x9 and 20x10.5 tires 225/30/20 and 255/30/20
Does it throw error codes in Sport + ?
Old 07-20-15, 09:04 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
Does it throw error codes in Sport + ?
No sir! no lights or errors.
Old 07-21-15, 09:10 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Haven't Posted in a while! Posted up @ Markham Park for Audi Vs Lexus meet yesterday!
Hot car! One of the best Matador Red 3IS
Old 07-21-15, 09:14 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexi90
Hot car! One of the best Matador Red 3IS
Thank you bro!!!!
Old 07-21-15, 09:22 AM
starbai
Intermediate

No sir! no lights or errors.
Anyway you can shed some light on this for me? I thought that if you have an F-Sport that means you have an adjustable suspension that if changed will cause errors. (Springs only, being the exception)

Am I missing something?

I'd appreciate the feed back as I'll be picking up an IS350 within the next month and would like to leave any option boxes unchecked that may preclude me from putting on a set of coilovers. On the other hand, I'm not willing to give up the F-Sport package.

dont mean to hijack your build thread, but any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-21-15, 09:28 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Anyway you can shed some light on this for me? I thought that if you have an F-Sport that means you have an adjustable suspension that if changed will cause errors. (Springs only, being the exception)

Am I missing something?

I'd appreciate the feed back as I'll be picking up an IS350 within the next month and would like to leave any option boxes unchecked that may preclude me from putting on a set of coilovers. On the other hand, I'm not willing to give up the F-Sport package.

dont mean to hijack your build thread, but any help would be appreciated.
If you have a 350 F-SPORT you have the adjustable suspension - the 250 doesn't have that just to clarify. You can change out the suspension and won't have any errors/dash lights. You just will lose the adjustable suspension from factory unless you go with the J5 coilovers that keep the AVS adjustable suspension. For me personally I didn't lose any perks as I'm comfortable with my own settings I got from the BC coils - also you still can go in sports plus mode - just the suspension won't get tighter. And your correct if you change out just the springs you won't lose AVS.
Old 08-02-15, 09:23 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Just a little update. Let there be light!
Old 08-03-15, 09:21 AM
starbai
Intermediate

If you have a 350 F-SPORT you have the adjustable suspension - the 250 doesn't have that just to clarify. You can change out the suspension and won't have any errors/dash lights. You just will lose the adjustable suspension from factory unless you go with the J5 coilovers that keep the AVS adjustable suspension. For me personally I didn't lose any perks as I'm comfortable with my own settings I got from the BC coils - also you still can go in sports plus mode - just the suspension won't get tighter. And your correct if you change out just the springs you won't lose AVS.
Thanks bud much appreciated...

I've been looking into the BC coils and one of the vendors on the forum said to me that I should shy away from BC and go RSR or others. He said that they have been getting a lot of returns on BC's and issues with warranties from blown shocks early. Its news to me beacuse I've had BC's before on other cars that I liked very much.

Have you had any issues?
Old 08-03-15, 09:27 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Thanks bud much appreciated...

I've been looking into the BC coils and one of the vendors on the forum said to me that I should shy away from BC and go RSR or others. He said that they have been getting a lot of returns on BC's and issues with warranties from blown shocks early. Its news to me beacuse I've had BC's before on other cars that I liked very much.

Have you had any issues?
I disagree big time on that. My whole crew within southflorida is riding on bc coils and have no issues what's so ever. I had them on my last car as well (2is). Vendor possibly wants you to spend more on RSR
Old 08-14-15, 02:29 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Thanks bro! I'm loving the ride! The suspension feels pretty much stock to me with the bc coils. And I get the look I want. Was skeptical bout switching to coils due to losing avs but I'm glad I did. I was originally looking at j5 suspension but I had bc coils on my 2is and were happy with them before. At my current height I have no rubbing issues at all with normal driving. My wheels are 20x9 and 20x10.5 tires 225/30/20 and 255/30/20
Curious, if you had to guess, would you say you're lower than about the same or higher than the drop on the RSR Super Down Springs... if ya had to guess?

I am asking because I've decided on super downs for sure... and I'm still on the fence between 19's and 20's. your 'stance' is perfect to me, but didn't wanna 'invest' in coils at this time.

Quick Reply: Dj RiDe'z 3IS 350 MRM F-Sport Build