Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

'13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list

Old 03-16-15, 01:52 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident. But look at it this way, you're obviously alive AND more than likely the car is totaled by what you had mentioned. Better totaled than 75% of its factory self after repairs in my book. Hell, here's your chance at a IS350!
Old 03-16-15, 05:58 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test drove a nebula gray/ black interior rc350 fsport today and really liked it... I still feel like I'm walking around in a fog and can't shake this feeling... I can't post pics of the damage bc I was to distraught to even think about taking pics at the time...
Old 03-17-15, 07:08 PM
Gville350

^Yeah, that feeling will last a little while...especially when back behind the wheel again with a "new" ride. But with time it'll become routine and normal. Can't go wrong with an RC!
Old 03-17-15, 07:33 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Well they aren't going to total the car... My body guy said is isnt as bad as I originally thought but I still think when I get it back I'm going to trade it in or sell it bc it'll never be the same again... I'm gonna lose a buttload of cash bc of this and on top of that I can't even replace the damaged rim bc they have been discontinued so that fs me pretty badly... Ill have the $ from insurance for the one wheel but that doesnt help me replace a whole set... This situation Keeps getting better and better... My body guy said 2 1/2 weeks to fix... So as soon as I get it back I'll go trade it in for nothing and pay full price for the rc... Someone shoot me please?
Old 03-17-15, 09:38 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Hey guys I wanted to get your opinion on what you would do if you were me in this situation... So basically the insurance co isnt going to total the car which sucks bc npw im goimg to lose a ton of money on it... After finding this out I had a long talk with my dad tonight and he wants me to keep the Is after it gets out of the body shop as a winter car/ daily driver and he said we can go pick up a new car for me... I guess he is trying to cheer me up bc he knows how upset i am about this whole thing... My dad is a car guy and has a collection of amg benzs except his daily which is an e550... And ever since my mom passed away last yr hes trying to be super nice and trying to do things to cheer me up... He has bought me all my cars up to this point my 2 rx7s my 2 supra tts my s2000 my is300 the is250 and so on... Hes been a great dad and i appreciate everything je does for me... But i am still in such a fog and not clearheaded so i wanted to ask u guys if you had the choice between a new rc350 fsport for 53k or a used Nissan gtr r35 50k which would you get... I made the argument to him that the car will never be the same again... And he said if were going to lose that much on it its not worth getting rid of so well keep it and just buy another car for me... I also wanted to say thank you to gville lysis and all of you who have helped me out with my questions and let me rant and rave on here and have listened and responded and help me you are all so cool and it means a lot to me... I feel your all my friends and even tho we haven't met I hope we get to one day... Anyway back to the question if you had 55k to get a new wip what would it be? Lmk what u guys think... And thanks again for everything....
Old 03-17-15, 10:07 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

GTR hands down but that just me.
Old 03-18-15, 12:22 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So sorry to hear. I know you out a lot of hard work and money into your car. I hope It all works out for you in the long run. The same thing has happened to me before.
Old 03-18-15, 12:49 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Thanks sffd I appreciate it man... Yeah it hurts my soul... I could use some help with rims and tires for my car since I need to buy a new set now bc mine are discontinued n I can't replace the damaged wheel on there... I'm looking at a set of niche m150 Verona 19" 8.5 front 9.5 rear on 235/35/19 255/35/19 rear will these have any rubbing issues or problems fitting with the fsport drop? I'm just lost trying to now make this all work out... N I need to do this now so I can get the rims and tires on the car b4 I get it back from the body shop...
Old 03-18-15, 12:59 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

These are the 2 I'm looking at getting plus trying to get the is back to drivable with new rims... Lmk what you think... Nebula gray/ black rc or gunmetal/black red gtr... Rc has 10mi on it and the gtr has 28k mi the rc is 53k and the gtr is 55k so new for less or used for more...
Attached Thumbnails '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list-2014gtr.jpg   '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list-jthse5bc5f5001525-2c.jpg  

Last edited by NJLexus13; 03-18-15 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 08:13 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a bit lost....why docyouvwant to buy wherls for a car that you're not going to keep? Find some cheap stock wheels or if it's totalled (which I sounds like if the floor pan is bent). I personally would go for thr GTR. Way more power and possibility of tuning it. You may want to check out what insurance costs on that car and this may be the deciding issue. Has an adjuster come out to look at your car? If you know the shop, I'd be taking aftermarket parts now befor the adjuster comes out. If it's totalled its going to be towed and sold at auction and all your parts go with it. So good luck and I would also ask the body shop what they think the insurance will say about your car since they are this all the time.
Old 03-18-15, 12:27 PM
Gville350

If the GTR is truly only $55k, then go for it! It'll depreciate some more over time, but then it'll become one of those iconic cars (like the TT Supras) that will trend upward over time. Great car for the money! I'd own one if I could!
Old 03-18-15, 02:37 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Ok

first off let me try to explain a Lil better... The car is not totaled. It turns out the floor pan was damaged by the towing company jacking up the car in the wrong spot. The rims on the car are damaged and are also discontinued and I cannot buy just one to replace the one that is damaged. My pops doesn't want me to get rid of the car bc we will lose a lot of money on it so he wants me to keep the car as a daily driver or a winter car and we will go out and get another car... Either the gtr or the rc... So I will still have the is250 after the body shop gets done with it in 2 weeks... I just ordered a new set of rims for it to replace the rims on the car now and im getting them shipped direct to the body shop... Niche verona m149 19" staggered. So I'll have 2 cars after all is said and done... The is250 fixed with new rims and most likely the rc350 f sport in nebula w black int. My dad is telling me to get the rc and not the gtr bc its new and won't have any issues and it has a full service plan etc... The gtr has close to 30k miles on it already and its already 5 yrs old... The carfax on the gtr says it has been in 1 accident and been repaired which explains the somewhat low cost of it. My dad also really likes the rc and it will be hard to convince him otherwise considering he's the one shelling out the cash... I'm leaning towards the rc as well bc of the con's of the gtr... Its a sick car and I'd love to own one but how can I complain with a brand new rc...? And you were also correct and the insurance on a 5 yr old gtr is still much more then a brand new rc... And the rc is cheaper... It seems my mind was kinda made up for me but I can't and won't complain at all with a new rc...
Here are some pics of the new rims

Last edited by NJLexus13; 03-18-15 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-18-15, 04:48 PM
Gville350

If you're keeping the 2IS as a daily, why not get the GTR for the weekends? But I understand its not your money.

HOWEVER, try this...get your dad to drive the GTR first before testing out the RC. He might swing for the GTR, that is, if you want him too.
Old 03-18-15, 06:02 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

That was basically my next step... We were up at prestige Lexus the other day and I test drove the rc... Pops didnt drive it bc he said its not for him anyway... What a fun car... The gtr is in mid jersey about an hour or so away so I'm trying to get down there to take a close look at it and test drive it n my pops will be there so maybe he will understand and see the difference between a used 100+k car compared to the 53k new Lexus... Maybe ill try and get him to test drive that after me and see what he says... He has sports cars like the sl65 and other amg benzs so he should understand the difference... One other major thing I've noticed with comparing the 2 cars myself is the interiors... The lex interior is much much nicer I think... All around. The nav is nicer the controls are nicer but the gtr is more of the cockpit feel where everything is oriented towards the driver... Lexus is more luxary gtr is more sporty... I really do like the 2 tone red black leather on the nissan ... But i like the carbon trim on the lexus better then the gtr trim... I'll be able to tell a lot more when I go look at it on friday in person and I'll keep you posted on what's going on... And if i can get my dad to take it for a spin too. So what do you guys think about the new rims for the 2is? I like em and think they are a nice replacement and upgrade from the old ones...

Last edited by NJLexus13; 03-18-15 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 11:28 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

I need help and have a pounding headache I bought these rims 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear 35mm offset all around and I'm told on here to keep the rolling diameter within 1% without rubbing or fender rolling I need to do 235/35/19 f and 265/30/19 r... The tire shop I'm buying them from is telling me to do a 255/35/19 rear which I believe is 2%... I have the fsport springs so a 1" drop... And the guy is telling me the 265 will rub and hit bc they are so flush to the fenders.... I asked this on the will my tuff fit forum and I'm getting different answers from everyone... I can't wait to just go test drive the gtr 2mro and forget about this bc everything needs to be an issue... Any help greatly appreciated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list