Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

'13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list

Old 12-17-14, 01:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's true what GVille said with alignment but I never really did that. The shocks won't make a difference in tire wear if you'd had the springs in that long. It'll just ride a bit stiffer.
Old 12-17-14, 08:41 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks guys I had n alignment after I put the springs in but I don't rly need one if I'm keeping the same fsport springs n just changing the shocks from stock to fsport... I was talking to my guy at my local lex dealer about install on the shocks today n he was telling me they were having issues with lexus recalling the rear shocks BC of leakage issues.... Is this true? I'll be so mad if I just dropped all this $ n theyll send me a recalled product
Old 12-18-14, 01:02 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^I've not heard of the leakage issue. Ask the dealership's opinion on needing that alignment after the install.
Old 12-19-14, 11:42 AM
Carbonsrt
Driver

Did you ever put those IS350 brakes on?
Old 12-22-14, 01:08 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Thanks man... If u can ask aroumd about the rear shock leakage issue and if anyone else has heard of this... Id appreciate it... And to answer your question i was just about to do the install... I had the rotors pads ss lines dust shields and freshly painted calipers all ready to go but when I measured the inside lip of the new rims it was a clearance of only a couple mm so I didn't wanna risk pulling the car apart putting the new calipers on and then having the inner part of the rim rub so I'm just waiting until next summer when I buy a new set of 19s for the car n then I'll do the swap... I did just install my new garax 8k hid bulbs and beat sonic nav DVD bypass tho... Def a sweet upgrade... And I'll get some pics up soon... Just gotta clean her up and new pics will be posted shortly...
Old 12-22-14, 11:02 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

So I spoke to the guy at Sewell and Lexus put a stop to the manufacturing of the f sport shocks and I again spoke to my guy at my local Lexus and he said its def due to rear shock leakage... He said If u don't have them in stock you won't and can't get them anymore BC of this issue so I'm gonna return the ones I just got BC I don't want to install them and have issues down the line... Any suggestions on shocks to go with my fsport springs? In the meantime with all this refunded $ I was considering getting the gfx rear lip but im not a huge fan of the extra seam on the rear bumper... And no I don't feel like molding it on lol plus it mean I hafta take off the diffuser I just installed and reinstall it on the lip... Idk what do u guys think? What shocks to get and gfx rear or no?
Old 12-23-14, 01:28 PM
Gville350

Koni shocks!
Old 12-26-14, 09:20 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Question for you guys... What tire would I need that won't rub on f sport springs...
19x8.5 front 38mm offset
19x9.5 rear 40mm offset
Lfa gunmetal rep wheels...
I need to get some winter tires... lol
I'm gonna look into koni shocks... They'll work with the f sport springs well?
Old 12-26-14, 02:05 PM
Gville350

Probably 225/35/19s up front and 245(maybe 255)/35/19 in the rear.

Call Koni and see what they recommend. You cannot go wrong with Koni products.
Old 12-27-14, 12:59 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

What do you guys think would look better LFA in gunmetal gray (pic is silver)or isf in hyper black? Both staggered 19" 8.5/9.5 keep in mind these are winter rims n tires
Old 12-27-14, 08:05 AM
Gville350

I prefer more of a contrasting color choice; so whichever stands out more against your current car's color is my choice.
Old 12-31-14, 11:55 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Ok so I went ahead and bought the AIT carbon front splitter side extensions and rear splitters to go with the s4play rear diffuser... Ill install as soon as I get them and post pics... I'm excited...
Old 01-04-15, 01:19 PM
Akassfy
Driver School Candidate

nice build
Old 03-15-15, 07:42 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Default very bad day

Today was a very bad day... I'm almost positive my beautiful car is totaled... Some *bleep* hit my car so badly today that I know it has to be totaled... I was in the left lane coming up to a light and there was a row of 7-8 cars in the right lane sitting dead stopped ... As I approached the light at 25-30 mph probably the 5th car back decided he didnt want to wait for the other cars to go and pulled out directly into my car hitting the front passenger side. He hit me so hard that it sent me into the oncoming 2 lanes of traffic that had started going at the green light. I was lucky enouph to have both cars stop in time b4 hitting me head on because i probably wouldnt be able to post this from the afterlife...There is damage to the hood fender bumper fsport lip fog light and he pushed my entire front rim which is mangled now about 8 inches into the center of the car... Which probably damaged the suspension sway bar and everything else in there... And he had hit me so had the floor of the car buckled on the passenger side. Car was not drivable at all the fender and wheel well were crushed into the tire making it unmovable... I asked the guy what he was thinking and that this is a brand new Lexus and his response was these exact words... "What's so special about your Lexus... This is a 2014 Honda accord..." At this point I walked away so there would be no assault charge on me and i called the cops... The cop did reassure me as tears were running down my face mourning my new baby that the accident was 100% the other drivers fault and I had the right of way n he had to yeild... This in no way makes me feel better... I have so many parts on this car I'm sure the only way I will recoop any money at all is to pull them and post them on here... My father came and picked me up and at this point I had realized that the cop had never returned my insurance card back to me... I was calling to make the claim... I called the police station and was told that he had probably given it back or its lost... When it rains it pours... On top of that the insurance adjuster wasn't in to look at it on a sunday nor was my body shop open to have it towed to... Do you think the rental car place was open? You guessed correctly in the fact it wasn't... So I had my dad come pick me up and to try n make me feel better he said we will go after I get my loaner car 2mro to go look at the new fsports or rc350s... It was nice of him to try n cheer me up like that but I'm still in shock and I'm walking around in a cloud. I also had a hockey game after all of this which I had to show up to by borrowing my dads Benz and we lost badly bc I'm the goalie and mentally i wasn't even close to being there... So all in all I had the day from hell and you have all been so cool to me that any sorta encouragment or anything would be greatly appreciated...upset isnt even the word I would use to describe my state ofind at the moment... Hopefully there is a rc in my immediate future. RIP 2013 IS250 awd fsport... :.(
Old 03-15-15, 08:32 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That is sad I know what it feels like, post some pictures if you have any and good luck with the new car. I just picked up a 2015 GX460 that was supposed to be for my mom but she doesn't like it so I took it over from her.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list