Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

13 is250 "fsport" nebula mod list

Old Today, 04:21 AM   #226
NJLexus13
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

I have a question. For anyone in the know about audio and wiring... Every time I start the Lexus there is a loud "thump" from the subwoofer... I have the new amp wired up thru the stock amp and I'm not real savy with audio stuff... Do I need a cap? What is causig this and how do I make it stop... Other the the loud thump at start up there is no interference static buzzing or humming... Please lmk if u know why this is and how to fix it. Thanks
P.s. I got the gtr wing in today! Looks SICK! Gonna paint the sides white amd leave the center as clearcoated cf. Im gonna install it over the weekend. I Should also have the bov and intake in sometime this week... Can't wait to hear the ssq bov I also plan to install the 2 10" sub's and amp into the gtr this weekend... Got 2 10s I stead of the q 12 I have in the lex... Slowly but surly shes coming together...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
NJLexus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #227
Nixcision
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Nixcision anish_nix

Hey I have a sub box in my trunk and I get the exact same thing upon turning the vehicle on. It's been like this for the past year since I got it installed. Would be interesting to know the cause...!
Nixcision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 PM   #228
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (9)

Tip about the new wing and the non-painted clear coated CF portion. If you're gonna have a shop professionally paint-match the sides, go ahead and pay a little more to have additional UV-resistant clear added to the CF portion. Over time, you'll thank me. Just ask me what happened to my Evo VIII spoiler over the matter of just two years.
Old Today, 05:29 PM