NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Concave
Old 04-05-15, 05:18 PM
BGarza
Driver School Candidate

Just followed up on your thread, awesome updates. I recently was involved in a serious accident as well, though I was able to total it out lol. After looking around I ended up going with a 2012 f sport is250 (suprisingly after swearing i'd upgrade to 350). I digress, I was mainly interested in the color match you did with the grille surround in your earlier posts. I'd want to do the same with mine, and was curious to know how much that would cost me? I've had plenty of aftermarket parts painted through Sewell Lexus, just never something small like that.
Old 04-06-15, 07:27 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about you accident man... Believe me I feel your pain lol about the grille surround I don't know exactly how much it would cost to just paint your OEM surround... What I did was I ordered the grille surround color matched to my nebula gray from sewell...now that sewell online is closed idk how u would get it without physically going there or just bring ur OEM surround to a paint shop n have it painted... Hope that helps a little... The car is at DTS getting the tpms programmed as we speak and I'm going down to look at the gtr again on Thursday with pops so keep ur fingers crossed for me lol
Old 04-06-15, 08:10 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sewell isn't really done quite yet.... I saw them post on another thread about ordering some parts and they said to "give us a call". Check Sewell's page here on CL and see if you can get ahold of them.
From context I'm assuming their site is closed, but they still will take orders? worth a shot!
Old 04-06-15, 04:41 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Haha ok so u all remember me saying how my luck is crap... Another way to prove it .. Brought the car to DTS tire today at 8 am... They said I'd have it back by 11am n they had to program my tpms n do another alignment...so noon rolls around w no word yet so I call n they say that they can't get the new tpms to read...so I say f it n I'll bring them my old rims to transplant my stock tpms into the new wheels... Ok 2 hours max I'm told... 4 pm n I call. They can't get my stock ones to read. I'm in a murderous rage at this point. I tell them to leave my car be bc their obviously dumb n I'll come get it. When I there they scan the stock sensors to show me they dont scan and they scan just fine... Also I see that they re balanced my rims by putting the weight on the outside of the wheels instead of the static balance and it looks like ****... I'm gonna kill someone at this point so I demand they rebalance the wheels correctly and I'm leaving... They charged me 98 bucks for 8 hours of bull**** and I still had to take the car up to Lexus for them to do it right... So painful... Lex will have the car till 2mro to fix the shorty alignment and get the tpms sensors programmed correctly and I have the 15 fsport for the night... I have bad luck. Lol

Old 04-06-15, 04:58 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i see you have a bit of a red theme going on... i have a cusco strut bar (the one that sits in your engine bay) with custom red mounts, brand new in box, if interested! pm me
Old 04-07-15, 08:37 AM
BGarza
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow, wasn't aware you were able to purchase it already color matched.. lol. Luckily I live near Sewell lexus so I'll probably stop by sometime this week. Good luck the with gtr :-)
Old 04-07-15, 10:35 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Hey nix thanks for the offer but that pic of the interior is the loaner fsport mine is mostly blue... Blue stitching etc... Yeah try n get in touch w Sewell n see if they can color match a grille surround for you... Warning Sewell paint shop sometimes does half *** work as u can see from my old gfx side skirts... And as for a tpms update Lexus got 3 of the 4 working but the 2 rear sensors have the same I'd #s so I they need to break down 1 of the 2 tires and put 1 of my stock sensors in there so the computer doesn't freak out getting 2 different psi for the same I'd #
Old 04-07-15, 12:43 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Did Discount Tire have the Toyota/Lexus adapter to the scan tool? In my case, they couldn't sync them to my 2IS w/o it.
Old 04-07-15, 01:14 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

When I called and asked the manager if they had it he told me yes... After 8 hours of bull**** and me getting very mad he admitted they didnt... Shocker
Old 04-07-15, 07:47 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Ok need some help... So the car is still up at Lexus... They got the tpms all figured out but have run into another problem... When they put the car on the alignment machine he called me and let me know that the front driver side is so outta wack that they had the machine maxed out and still can't get the camber back into spec... He said either the subframe is outta wack from the front sway bar being installed or something in the suspention is bent and parts need to be replaced... Instead of doing this can I buy a camber kit to fix the issue to adjust the camber and get it back I to spec...? I'm up to 800 in labor so far not including what I spent yesterday and I'm severely pissed off... I'm kinda hoping that there is a bent part bc then it can be contributed to the accident and insurance will take care of it otherwise all my mod $ for the is or the new car is gonna go twrds fixing this issue... This will also prob put off me getting the gtr bc my pops will wanna wait to see what the deal is with the lex b4 we drop the $ on the gtr... He was so fed up with the lex by this point he told me to trade it in take the huge hit and get the new fsport I have as the loaner car but I dont wanna do that with all the blood sweat and parts put into my car and I'll hafta start from square 1 with a new one... Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 04-07-15, 08:01 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd find out if they can tell you what part is bent if that is the case. I wouldn't have paid any money to the balancing wheel plea.... they did Nothing!
Old 04-07-15, 10:49 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Well he said he didnt know yet... They said either something is bent or the subframe is oitta wack from the sway bar install... But Right b4 the accident I had Lexus do an alignment and all was good so I doubt it is the subframe bc the sway bar was in there b4 they did the last alignment... Unless the accident bent a part or shifted the subframe idk what this would be... The weird thing g is this is the front driver side tire/ suspension and the car was hit on the opposite side front passenger...
Old 04-08-15, 01:52 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

They dropped the subframe and got the alignment back into spec... Best part is bc I'm good friends with the service manager he flat out admitted to me last time I had the car in one of his techs ****ed up n he's not charging me for the alignment at all bc of it... So I'll have the car back on Friday with everything back to the way it should be and the isf ecu installed... When I get it back I'll install my new carbon s4play diffuser and I'll be happy... (If anyone wants to buy my plastic one let me know) Lol plus this will all help with the gtr situation so hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll go down w pops n take another look...

Last edited by NJLexus13; 04-08-15 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-08-15, 06:14 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Glad the service mgr stood up for your in this very odd situation. I'm too friends with my local Lexus service mgr; I just stop in sometimes to see how's his family is doing. Always good to have someone on your side when the vehicle is not in your possession.

Looking forward to pics of your "new" GTR here soon!

Quick Reply: '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list