Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

'13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list

Old 04-09-15, 07:57 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had a huge surprise waiting for me today... My dad called me and told me to come to his house asap. I thought something was wrong so I flew over there and this is what I found sitting in the driveway... I dont know what he paid for it but its '10 white/black interior... Its not the one we were origionally looking at getting but this one has a lot less milage (only 18k) and It came with a whole list of stipulations such as it has to stay in my dads private garage with the rest of his car collection and I can't drive it in bad weather or at all without letting him know I'm taking it but who cares? I have a gtr! I got to drive it all day and people were stopping me at red lights and every time i parked it... What a great feeling... Many more pics and mods to come! Lmk what u think.

Old 04-10-15, 10:00 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Now back to the lexus... The front camber has been fixed... He dropped the subframe of the car adjusted it and boom all good... The rear has become more of an issue... The passenger rear camber is at 1.8... To be in spec it should be at 1.4, 1.5... He dropped the subframe and has done everything possible to get this in spec and no bueno... Something in the rear pass side is bent by a mm or so throwing everything off...He said he can adjust the subframe to the other side which would effect driver side rear tow and thats not ideal it'll cause more issues later with tire wear so I'm left with an issue I need to correct... So I'm looking at buying a spc or Megen rear adjustable camber arm set which will give me +/- 1.5 camber adjustment.. Anyone have any idea which is a better kit?
Old 04-10-15, 10:10 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats insane. Glad it worked out!
Old 04-10-15, 01:15 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

Booking my tickets to NJ now! LOL!

Congrats man! Now get yourself some lightweight wheels and sticky tires and beat up on all of the local SCCA events out there!

Either Megans or SPCs...you can't go wrong with either. I've got Megans only because the SPCs didn't even exist yet.
Old 04-10-15, 02:03 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Thanks guys... Hey gville anytime u wanna come visit jersey let me know ur more then welcome and I got more then enough space for you to come chill out... Lol I already ordered the spc camber kit for the IS and a new carbon wing for the gtr like in the pic bc I didnt like the stock one... I can't decide between concave or big *** lip for the gtr... I know I want staggered 20s and I know I want black to offset the white... Next things I'm looking at are a new hood like in the pic and maybe a partial vinyl wrap to put a Lil black into the color scheme... Lmk what u think... Even if I did none of this I'd still be extatic bc the car is insane... I hit 135 on the garden state parkway yesterday and I wasn't even trying I was just going thru gears lol then realized pops would kill me if I got a ticket like that on the 1st day and backed off lol

Old 04-10-15, 06:21 PM
Gville350

Though I agree on the spoiler decision, I'd pass on the "appearance" mods and save the $$$ for the stuff that counts...MORE POWWWWEEEEERRRRRR! Plus having a dedicated set of "fun" wheels/tires for track days is a MUST!
Old 04-10-15, 09:19 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Well as I said before:

COBB
Old 04-11-15, 05:59 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

I do like the hood but i can live with just the new spoiler for now tho lol i really didnt like the stock spoiler... I think the one i boufht should come stock. I was looking at the Cobb nismo and the Hennessey sites for mods... Damn I thought my Lexus mods were expensive... lol Im Still looking for wheels that will look good and some sticky tires... Then def exhaust and intercooler/bov upgrade... Minor bolt on mods make a big difference on this car... Actual decent HP gains by bolt on parts is nice... My suspension and stock brembo brakes are good for now so I can concentrate on go fast and look good stuff... I need rims and tires first tho I think...

Last edited by NJLexus13; 04-11-15 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-11-15, 11:54 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Taking the gtr auto crossing today... So excited I can't sleep lol I'll let u know how she does...
Old 04-12-15, 02:28 PM
Gville350

^Hope you took the GoPro with you!

Let us know how it turned out and what class a stock GTR gets put into? What was your in-class "competition"?

Just remember, to realize the full potential of the car it'll take more seat time...plus some additional mods and on-track instructor time is valuable too.
Old 04-14-15, 05:20 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

I didnt really understand the bracket system I got put into but it was class A which was the fast cars there that weren't race cars... A turbo miata won the whole thing and this ls1 3rd gen rx7 was kicking *** up until the final round where he hit a cone and I guess got pissed off and turned the rest of the run into a drifting/cone killing event lol he got disqualified for taking out like 50+ cones lol I think I did alright I need more time to get used to the car and the settings and everything... The computer has a race setting I put it on and it made a big difference but i still wound up at the middle of the pack not qualifying for finals... Whay world do we live in a gtr runs mid pack? Not one i wanna live in! So i have some work to do lol It was all the really light cars like the turbo miata, rx7 and a supercharged s2k that were killing times all day long... There was a guy in my class with a merciliago who didnt wanna push it at all and was at the back of the pack and a guy showed up with a gt3 porsche but he was put into the r class... Sick car tho... Grey and red... All in all it was a fun day and I enjoyed it... I would have go pro'd it for u gville but my go pro went the way of my last sport bike... to the junkyard lol
Old 04-15-15, 01:30 PM
Gville350

^There's always next time! Yeah, like I said...seat time is priority one when it comes to racing. Hell, you had the car one week, maybe two before this event? LOL!

Now, if you wanna be competitive in a certain "bracket or class", look up the rules for that class the do what you can to inch up in the ranks. Find out what tire sizes and treadwear ratings they allow, and run the max allowable with the best sticky tires you can find.

Get a new GoPro ASAP!
Old 04-15-15, 01:46 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Im selling mine with a wifi add-on package, to wirelessly manage your gopro when its mounted on ur car! If you're interested, I've listed it right here on ClubLexus!..... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gen...batteries.html
Old 04-16-15, 12:20 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

This car is going to bankrupt me lol... Parts are CRAZY expensive... But as an update I just bought the Cobb racing duel intake kit ($650) and a hks ssq bov kit ($1400)... And i bought the smoked sidemarker lighys front and back... The hks exhaust I want is about $5k so i need to gameplan and save to buy that lol and as for the lex I need to have the brand new front 2 tires replaced bc the 2 they sent me have 35 lbs each of excessive road force each which is Insanely high and they should have never sent the tires to me after seeing that...so they're either ignorant or dumb... Pisses me off but 1200 bucks later I got the car back from Lexus as good as new with adjustable rear camber... Isf steering damper makes a difference I immediately felt and I'm happy with... I'm going to install the s4play carbon diffuser 2mro with the new carbon roof spoiler(bc someone dented the original) while I'm waiting for gtr parts to arrive... Cant wait for my new go fast parts and i cant wait to put the cf spoiler and get rid of the ugly amber sidemarkers.... Side note I got a good laugh at... While my car was up at Lexus they had several groups of ppl come and take pics of my car and ask if the car was for sale... One guy even made an offer lol I guess I'm doing something right...! Lol here's another pic of my new baby... Got the 35% tints done today and it looks even sexier then I thought it would... Should I put a drop on the windshield? Idk

Last edited by NJLexus13; 04-16-15 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-17-15, 07:29 PM
Gville350

Bet you couldn't pull that type of attention with a BRAND NEW RC350! LOL!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list