Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

'13 IS250 "F-Sport" Nebula mod list

Old 07-25-16, 01:08 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

And you don't think the Ferrari will bring you cop attention? LOL! Sad to see the GTR go; but if it must, best replace it an exotic! I've had a 1:18 scale model of a Modena for a LONG time; always loved the lines. Got to go with the black; nothing sexier when CLEAN!

Sad/happy day I guess for you. If it was me, I'd still keep the GTR; but to each their own.

Old 07-25-16, 02:49 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gtr is bringing too much unwanted attention... Everyone wants to mess with me and race me on the street... Cops are all over me no matter what speed I'm doing or how I'm driving... I can't park the thing anywhere without people coming up and taking pics or people leaning on it... I can't go over speed bumps or railroad tracks and I'm always on edge and nervous every time I take it out and it's killed the fun of owning the car... It usta be a joy to be in and drive now it just makes me a nervous wreck lol and when I do bring it to autocross or track day event I don't wanna push it too hard bc I don't wanna crash it or ding it up. I guess the same can be said about the Ferrari but I'm not gonna mod the Ferrari like I did the gtr and hopefully the cops won't mess with an exotic as much as with the import king. The gtr is well over 500hp now and it's crazy fast and crazy loud so the Modena will actually believe it or not be a downgrade in speed and flashiness from the Nissan. As for the Modena you like the convertible better then the hardtop? I'm so torn over this... I love the convertible aspect of it and having the roof down on the highway cruising is a dream but the challenge is a bad car. The challenge has upgraded brakes gearbox some minor cosmetic aero differences and a meaner exhaust note like a f1 car. Both are sick n both have their advantages... But your vote is for the black convertible? Either way I go I at least still have the lex as the daily driver.
Old 07-25-16, 03:20 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

I was looking at some of the kits for the 360 and they are ridiculous... They .Ake the car look like an exotic Super/hyper car... Totally different class the a regular exotic... Look up the ultimate motorcars 360 Modena body kit. Insane! Also a ton of money lol If I do mod the 360 I would need to do visual mods bc the performance mods for it are insane money lol intake exhaust chip and headers for the 360 is like $13k and I thought the gtr parts were expensive lol that's another reason the challenge is the front runner on my list bc it comes with the upgraded brakes and exhaust and other stuff that the convertible doesn't have. But I'm selling the gtr for a profit. Making more selling it then what I bought it for and put into it so I have a lil extra to buy a nicer car and put a few parts in it. You still think go black convertible? Even tho the hardtop has all the extra goodies? One last quick pic comparison for you...

Old 07-25-16, 04:01 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Here's another big difference to bring into consideration... The hardtop challenge is black leather and stick and the convertible is tan leather and paddle shift... Now in my opinion I hate tan leather and I'd prefer to have an exotic in a true stick shift but a f1 paddle shift isn't bad bud I'd prefer black leather and stick... I wish I could have a black interior grey exterior convertible challenge but I'm not that lucky lol so I have to choose between black and tan paddle shift or grey and black stick shift... These aren't the actual interiors of the cars but these are the color and tranny options shown... lmk what u think

Last edited by NJLexus13; 07-25-16 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-25-16, 04:14 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally agree with Gville, keep the GTR. However if you really want the Ferrari you shouldn't be making the decision based on our opinions, none of us have test driven those cars in particular so we can't speak for them. You just gotta do what you really want to and get what you want. Everyone has a different taste in cars so what we say doesn't really mean exactly what you should do. But if I was to choose between the two I would get the grey with black interior as I absolutely hate tan and that played a huge factor when I was looking for an IS350, I declined a lot of IS350s just because they had the tan interior.
Old 07-25-16, 06:58 PM
Gville350

Grab the convertible, come down to the sunny South Carolina beaches, you'll soon see why the convertible trumps all! LOL! Chicks LOVE a convertible!
Old 07-27-16, 09:23 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

I agree with you lysis I just wanted to get some extra input on the situation... Especially because I'm so torn between the 2 I figured maybe you guys would give me some different pros and cons I haven't yet thought of to sway my decision one way or the other... I wish I could just get a challenge convertible with black interior n I'd be happy all the way around lol I guess life doesn't work like that tho... im still weighing my options on everything... I could save a butt load of cash and get a 98 supra TT like I usta have but I got pulled over in that more then the gtr lol... it was red tho so that prob adds in as a factor. and I had it when I was 17 so that prob helped as well lol so I'm just trying to figure out what I really want... im def leaning towards the hardtop challenge but we'll see... keeping the gtr isn't really an option bc I have it at my buddy's dealer that i have to give a commission to them for selling it plus I'm taking a profit on it which never happens after buying and modding a car. also I have a question gville... is cape Hatteras in North or South Carolina? I've been there many years back on a surf trip n would love to go back... Lmk

Last edited by NJLexus13; 07-27-16 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-28-16, 07:38 AM
Gville350

Apparently it is in NC; never been there. But looks nice! : https://www.nps.gov/caha/index.htm

Old 07-29-16, 03:17 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Hatteras is in the more southern part of the outer banks in NC. Its pretty rural out there. Once youre on the outer banks , youll travel for another hour or so. Corolla is where I stay. Not as rural, not nearly as built up as many other beaches. If people are leaning on your car and taking pictures of it, I would figure the ferrari would be worse for that! And why the hell you letting people lean on your car? Lol.
Old 08-02-16, 02:20 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Awesome thanks for the geography lesson lol and it's kinda funny I almost got into a fistfight with this guy in front of his little kid over leaning on my car... I had parked it at the mall... I had it valeted so it would be watched over as I was inside... And when I came out there was a middle aged guy with his little 3-4yr old kid with him and he was having the kid basically sitting on my car as he took pics of it... I say it bc the kid was hidious... So I went on to freak out n explain to this dimwit that the car is worth more then his entire life is and that he should go kill himself for having such poor judgement and for teaching a younger generation to be a douchebag as well... I then asked him what his most prized possession in life is and he said his kid was so I then asked him if it would be ok if I could just bury my elbow into his child head and use him as an armrest while I get pictures taken of me doing it and he didn't take to kindly to that proposal and this convo got so heated that it almost turned into fisticuffs. After this all went down I then went and had it out with the valet guys for being completely and utterly useless as a human being and more so as a valet. So to answer your question I don't let people lean up against the car it just kinda happens against my will...
Old 08-03-16, 03:15 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Price ya gotta pay for having an awesome and rare car I guess! Lol. Your line " whats your prized possession?" Reminds me of Anchorman right before Jack Black's character punts Baxter off the bridge.
Old 08-04-16, 12:47 PM
Gville350

Nice play-by-play on that odd situation with your car man. I would have flown off the handle too I'm sure!