KarolGT - GS430 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 02:44 PM
karolgt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KarolGT - GS430 Thread

Hi

My name is Karol (Charles) I'm from Poland, and I would like to present you my Lexus GS430.

Before I bought Lexus GS, I had: 96' Fiat 126p, 93' Mistubishi Colt - 1.6, 98' Volvo C70 2.3 Turbo

because I had some problems with Turbo and Volvo - I decided: no more Turbo, clear N/A power, big engine! and 4x4 or RWD.
And one of my colleagues on the Mitsubishi forum presented his GS430, I saw it - wow, perfect, then I saw specs - I must have it!

and, long story how I bought my GS:

first time, I checked it when I had a Volvo, after this.... after I drove this car, I went back home and put my Volvo on ebay, and after 3 months, Volvo was sold.

2nd time, I went to Toyota dealers with my father and the new GS, but I saw some problems in the trunk (some rust on the left wall), so I back home without Lexus. After 2 weeks, the owner of my GS call me and told me that he already bought new car (it was true), the insurance is almost finish (true) and he offered me quite good price for the GS. So I thought, that with the new price, I can buy it, fix the problem in trunk and have some money for another things.

3rd - so I met with him one more time in Toyota dealer, I checked everything, everything was fine, no CE codes, so - ok, I wanted to buy it....but...they disconnected the OBD2 cable not properly from the car and I saw that VSC/ABS lights are on...
noone knows in Toyota dealer why the lights are on (the main mechanic was sick and it was Saturday), I didn't know what does it mean, so I back home and decided to back to the dealer few days later and discuss this with the main mechanic.

4rd time, people in Toyota dealer told me that the OBD2 was not properly disconnected and that was the reason for VSC/OBD2 lights on.
They calibrate the Zero point, and finally: - I bought it

It was bought in Germany, then, second owner took it to Netherlands, there probably, someone put LPG inside at 70.000km. The previous owner (in Poland) had this car for 6 years.

Now it has 226.000 km (it is about 140.000 miles)

ok, so my first picture: on the gas station:

btw. maybe you know what rims I have? (rear are wider)

For now, after about 7 months everything is almost perfect. If something works not perfect = does it mean that I have to clean it

I had some problems with the rear axle, so I bought new one (not new, but from car with 50,000 miles - Toyota Aristo) and the problem was fixed.

Then, I had some missfires - I did "control valves" - after this, no more missfires

You need to know that I have also LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) installation in my car. And it works fine.

What I need to do:

- I need to fix the servo motors because I have a problem with warm air, but, here is a lot of DIY so I hope I will fix it without problems. - FIXED
- clean the tank fuel - no need to fix it
- and do something in the trunk, because from time to time I have some water in the left corner. - clened gasked and FIXED

ok, some new pictures:

And as I said, I'm from Poland, english is not my first language, so apologize for language mistakes, feel free to correct me

Last edited by karolgt; 11-14-16 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-14-14, 02:55 PM
fusionrx
Rookie

Very nice. Welcome to CL.
Old 05-14-14, 03:05 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent, black and woodgrain the best
Old 05-14-14, 04:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

welcome. looks pretty clean. also see rear bumper sensors for parking maybe?
Old 05-14-14, 04:27 PM
karolgt
Rookie

Thanks

Originally Posted by tmf2004
also see rear bumper sensors for parking maybe?
yes, sensors for parking. very helpful
Old 05-15-14, 02:25 AM
Chankeye
Driver

I wish i had your interior Haha. Looks to be a pretty clean car.
Old 05-15-14, 02:42 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had an interior like that..... Sooooo clean. Welcome to club lexus!
Old 05-15-14, 03:28 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm jealous of your exhaust and interior (black leather and navi) except the wood parts.
Looks like you have memory seats so I'm jealous of them too.

Do you know what's been done to the exhaust? Is it just quattro tips?

I have 430 too (Dec. 2000) but I have ivory interior with basic cassette player and I don't have memory seats.

Welcome to CL!
Old 05-15-14, 10:21 AM
karolgt
Rookie

Thanks for comments,

yes, my interior is in quite good condition, but I took me also about 3-4 hours to clean everything inside
I used APC Nielsen (All Clean Purpose) and then put some Meguiars stuff for interior.

My exhaust has oryginal TTE mufflers at the end., and I just remove catalyst, and I plan to make a "X" exhaust, one of my colleagues has the same in his GS430 and the sound is awesone, first time, I thought that he has Mustang V8
Old 05-15-14, 10:50 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

very clean for its age
Old 05-15-14, 02:23 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

loooks good, like everyone said i like the exhaust tips
Old 05-19-14, 03:00 PM
karolgt
Rookie

For my birthday I got "Safe driving lesson" and the teacher was professional rally driver (WRC or sth.)
It took about 4 hours, and was great, below, few pictures, and I will upload also movies later

Old 05-19-14, 03:10 PM
karolgt
Rookie

Old 05-19-14, 09:54 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Sport Design looking interior looks very mint. Loves the wheels, and the exhaust tips.
Old 05-28-14, 04:00 PM
karolgt
Rookie

Update:

Since few days I had a problem with my antenna.
When I tried to hide it down, it works, but, at the end makes some noises for 10-15 seconds.

I read that a lot of people have problem with antenna mast, but first, I remove the antenna from the car, and checked it inside.

It was very very very dirty, lubricant was like a stone. I spent 3 hours to clean it and assembly properly, and it works

Quick Reply: KarolGT - GS430 Thread