QCisf Build Thread *Lots of pictures/mods*

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 03:12 PM
QCisf
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
i see. thanks! aww so you can't peel it back off later
You can remove them later if you want ! (Just redid my fogs). But you can't reuse the old film
Old 06-23-14, 04:16 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oic. are you happy with them overall?

and just curious, why did you redo your fogs?
Old 06-23-14, 05:15 PM
QCisf
Driver

oic. are you happy with them overall?

and just curious, why did you redo your fogs?
Yeah I'm very happy ! They look great and I don't have trouble with the cops. When I did the fogs for the first time, I didn't have a lot of lighting so I had difficulties to follow the edge of the light when I cutted the film. Now they are perfect !
Old 06-27-14, 08:46 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

thanks so much for your reply!

i thought the film were precut and all you need to do is peel it off and stick it on your lights?
Old 06-27-14, 11:54 AM
QCisf
Driver

thanks so much for your reply!

i thought the film were precut and all you need to do is peel it off and stick it on your lights?
No problem my friend ! And you can buy the precut one on Lamix-X website, but I prefered to cut them myself due to the special curves of the ISF lights. I was scared that the precut sheets will not fit perfectly
Old 07-01-14, 10:44 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

ahh , too late, already ordered hopefully they fit good!

is it hard to put the headlight and fog light ones on? any special tools? i think i should wear a glove to prevent hand grease and fingerprint get on it?
Old 07-02-14, 06:21 AM
QCisf
Driver

ahh , too late, already ordered hopefully they fit good!

is it hard to put the headlight and fog light ones on? any special tools? i think i should wear a glove to prevent hand grease and fingerprint get on it?
It's not so hard to put the film on the headlights and fog lights. They don't have special shape like the taillights. Your kit will come with a squeege, a knife and a spray bottle. You don't need more tools. Glove may be a good idea, I didn't used them and I played a lot with my film without no fingerprints visible. Don't forget to post pictures of the result !
Old 07-02-14, 10:34 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you did the drop spring Install did you use the front and rear set or just the front to level the car? Also is there a reason you use the H-techs not the S-techs?
Old 07-03-14, 08:21 AM
QCisf
Driver

Originally Posted by Frank1298
When you did the drop spring Install did you use the front and rear set or just the front to level the car? Also is there a reason you use the H-techs not the S-techs?
I used both. And I don't think that S-techs is available for the ISF??
Old 07-03-14, 10:01 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by QCisf
It's not so hard to put the film on the headlights and fog lights. They don't have special shape like the taillights. Your kit will come with a squeege, a knife and a spray bottle. You don't need more tools. Glove may be a good idea, I didn't used them and I played a lot with my film without no fingerprints visible. Don't forget to post pictures of the result !
i see! did you have to pay extra for those tools? because i think there were options to include some things but i didnt

what do you use the knofe squeege and spray bottle for? sorry for so many questions
Old 07-03-14, 10:13 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QCisf
I used both. And I don't think that S-techs is available for the ISF??
Got it yea I see that it doesn't show on there website how is the ride and about how much did it drop the car?
Old 07-03-14, 10:21 AM
QCisf
Driver

i see! did you have to pay extra for those tools? because i think there were options to include some things but i didnt

what do you use the knofe squeege and spray bottle for? sorry for so many questions
Every Lamin-X film have a tools set in it ( I received 2 kit). The spray bottle is to apply water on the light before putting the film. After that, you apply more water on the face of the film and you start to remove the air bubbles with the squeege. And then cut the extra film with the knife.

Originally Posted by Frank1298
Got it yea I see that it doesn't show on there website how is the ride and about how much did it drop the car?
It sure that the car doesn't ride like if it had a good set of coilovers, but for the price, I think that the Tein did a decent job. I will replace them soon with BC coilovers.
Tein said that the car is dropped 1" front and 0.6" rear, but I think that the drop is a little more than this.
Old 07-03-14, 01:22 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

oh no i'm really bad at that, tried doing that with my phone, didnt have success

so just need to make sure the headlights are wet, apply the film and move it around to the right place, then apply water over film and then squeeze out the bubbles underneath?

does the water have to be soap water or just water is fine?
Old 07-03-14, 03:17 PM
QCisf
Driver

oh no i'm really bad at that, tried doing that with my phone, didnt have success

so just need to make sure the headlights are wet, apply the film and move it around to the right place, then apply water over film and then squeeze out the bubbles underneath?

does the water have to be soap water or just water is fine?
Right ! But you don't have to apply a lot of water before putting the film, juste a little bit. And only water is OK, the film is auto-adhesive
Old 07-04-14, 08:52 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Name:  null_zps4b0406e9.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  242.2 KB

i'm so confused. none of these pieces are big enough to cover my headlight as a single piece. disappointed at this product. any tips?

i can't even figure out which one is for headlight which is for fog...

Quick Reply: QCisf Build Thread *Lots of pictures/mods*