Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Nerium Lexus Build

Old 05-12-14, 10:58 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

i actually think the hood looks kinda good with they wa it follows the front grill lines. I wouldnt do it myself but it kinda works, trunk though I am not too sure about.
Old 05-12-14, 11:52 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry that one poster didn't cream his pants over your build. He was blunt at first but did compliment you on your muscle car builds. If you were seeking for only thumbs ups or a circular train of hand jobs, then I suggest you not post on a public forum. You need to put your big boy pants on and accept some criticism, whether you think they are constructive or not. Your overreaction was a bit juvenile. No one made a personal attack against you. Rather it is you that made one against the members of this forum.

I'm out.
Old 05-13-14, 12:17 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Would look much better if the entire hood were carbon fiber/black (with some vents) to add to the aggressive 2-tone look. And the stockers painted white blend in with the main paint instead of standing out. Also, the offset and lack of drop on those wheels exaggerate this point. You took boring wheels and made them even more boring, no offense. The only time white wheels look great is when they are great wheels to begin with, and nothing could spoil them, even if they were pink or lime

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Bl...hite_sl_01.jpg

Here is something similar to yours which actually works because of the nice aggressive stance. Still riced out on those tailights..., but no one is going to talk that down because overall the styling makes sense and flows together well:

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...-gallery_4.jpg

Overall, good effort. It looks very clean quality-wise, just a bit mismatched. If you don't want to change the wheels and styling, then the following will surely improve the current look a) lower it on some springs b) throw spacers on the stock wheels (20mm) c) paint the entire hood black

Keep posting. No point getting offended and quitting the forum. Just like someone said, it's one person's opinion, the rest of us are here to help, or at least to watch your progress. No need to sugar coat it, it's a bit tacky overall as it sits right now, but with those adjustments it will flow much better for sure!
Old 05-13-14, 07:34 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going to post in a car enthusiast forum prepare to receive both Positive & Negative comments. That is the nature of the game. I like the powdercoated wheels. I personally would have just done that and wrap the roof gloss black and lower it and call it a day. Love your white camaro build looks awesome with the wheels!

Don't be so sensitive to negative comments......
Old 05-13-14, 07:38 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hardestysa
Okay....so I have been thru almost every build thread on here and here is what I saw.

Not a negative comment to any of these builds except mine. I think that some the builds on here are ridiculous, seriously tacky, and way "RICER" looking. The difference is...I didn't make ANY negative comment towards them. But for some reason, the first comments I received with this group I get slammed....Thank you for that.

I mean some of these builds are just somebody getting a stock lexus and got the windows tinted and you are like "Looks great"... PS... I am not the only who has done a split hood on here yet there were no negative comments (or anyones personal opinion) on that persons thread about it. Pretty sure I saw a SEMA CT with a split hood also....don't remember seeing any negative comments about that thing either.

Or someone drops oversized wheels then lowers it 3" inches and you all go nuts. This has really let me know the kind of pretentious ****** I am dealing with in this group.

I wanted to come to this group because I love cars...I love making them look different, and I like to get ideas and support others on their builds...its their designs, their love for their car. But what I got from this group was being judged. No wonder I stick to muscle cars, we all support each other.

So you have done a great job ClubLexus of letting a new member feel welcomed. Because of that, I am leaving this group. I dont support slamming on other peoples stuff. It wasn't even constructive criticism...it was just rude (FYI...I saw ZERO such comments on any other persons lexus build). I apologize that I did not slam it to the ground and put 20" wheels on that rub against the fenders before I posted my wifes car (which I will not be doing).

Please note, I have not posted a negative comment on any of the builds that I saw going thru your thread. I also did not give my negative personal opinion about what I THOUGHT either. I also did not tell anyone on this group that they should "relearn how to modify tasteful looking cars" even when I saw some of the builds on here that there mods anything but Tasteful.

So later ClubLexus...you can keep your community of negative and pretentious owners.

You may not have liked the Lexus I built, but the personal attacks were not needed (considering I saw no such comments on any other threads)... Thanks guys, it was....ummmm.... awesome.

By the way.. Not a single member here "personally attacked" or "slammed" you.. You are stirring up your own drama.
Old 05-13-14, 10:49 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the mods you did with your wifes car is a lot more for American muscle type of cars. Hence why your pics of the cars you posted that you worked on before was much better looking
Old 05-13-14, 11:26 AM
d1sturb3d
Driver School Candidate

The muscle really looks good. The Lex, not so much. It's a different tuning culture. The same mods don't work on cars from different brands. It looks like you have a good theme for your rides. JDM or VIP is usually a pretty safe bet for cars like that. Usually a good rule of thumb is to look for performance improvement with a mix of aesthetics.

Vinyl carbon fiber car panels, bright colors fake **** look cheap sometimes. Its different for every car. Take a lot of trial and error. Personally I've just aimed for useful enhancements that positively affect performance and the rest falls into place.
Old 05-14-14, 06:00 AM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I guess OP couldn't handle the criticism and ragequit this forum lol.
Old 05-14-14, 09:23 AM
hovik92
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xpandabl3
Well I guess OP couldn't handle the criticism and ragequit this forum lol.
+1
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't mind a couple of the mods he did but the two tone isn't exactly my style. But he got the car for free so anything he does is just a nice test base for the rest of us.
Old 05-14-14, 10:48 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Expandable, wish I had something bad to say about your aimgain kit...
Old 05-14-14, 11:56 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, aTeAse. Do you usually have this effect on people? LOL.
Old 05-14-14, 06:23 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Reminds me of R0shiro's IS with different colored wheels and slightly different hood.
Old 05-17-14, 04:27 PM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Expandable, wish I had something bad to say about your aimgain kit...
Hahaha I can take them criticism I know! you can tell me how stupid those wheel sticker looks
Old 05-17-14, 04:56 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xpandabl3
Hahaha I can take them criticism I know! you can tell me how stupid those wheel sticker looks
Your whole car looks awesome, love it.

You are from Taiwan?
Old 05-17-14, 08:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

It's too bad if the OP doesn't come back since the quality of his work looks stellar.

The design on his muscle cars suit those cars really well but applying those similar themes on a 3IS is a challenge. A loosely similar job was done at my local Lexus dealer recently and this type of look is just not for me too.

Good luck to the OP and he's always welcome back.
Attached Thumbnails Nerium Lexus Build-ismod1.jpg   Nerium Lexus Build-ismod2.jpg