Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Welcome to the Dark Side

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 04:58 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah so this is what you have been up to. Now I see why you sold me the 95 tails. The 97+ Go very well with this setup. Well done and looks great!

Quick question: how are you liking the ddm tuning hid lights? When you ordered did you add the hid harness or error eliminator that's apart of the extras? Looking to order from them for my fog lights.
Old 05-05-14, 05:12 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Ah so this is what you have been up to. Now I see why you sold me the 95 tails. The 97+ Go very well with this setup. Well done and looks great!

Quick question: how are you liking the ddm tuning hid lights? When you ordered did you add the hid harness or error eliminator that's apart of the extras? Looking to order from them for my fog lights.
I didn't order anything extra aside from what come in the kit. Just the ballast and bulbs. I've had them since I bought my other SC, so about 3-4 years now. Never had any issues with them at all.
Old 05-05-14, 07:05 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

you guys should look into diode dynamics. i've had their ballasts for 3 years now, they're slim (size of a small wallet), waterproof and shockproof. i just changed the bulbs when i got the SC. just sayin lol.
Old 05-05-14, 08:24 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I've always liked the Auto Couture/Shine body kit. I'm debating on keeping it as is, but it's still stock looking. I wanna keep the original design of the SC, but want it to stand out. Auto Couture is the only one that does that, with a little bit of mod to the kit itself, it'll be custom and one off for me. Already have the body kit, just saving up for air suspension and paint 'cause I don't want to mess it up.

I'm doing tint in the next few days, but keeping the fishbowl look and going transparent ceramic tint just to protect the leather interior from the heat of the sun. I'm looking for the right exhaust as of the moment too; wanting the 5Zigen Fireball Mega, but for the right price if used, not sure yet, I'm open for suggestions.
The AC kit is nice, and with your attention to detail it will look awesome. I remember first falling in love with the kit when i saw Raine's SC. However, another kit that IMO is even nicer then that is the T's Project (keeps the original SC design, but exaggerates it). But apparently its super hard to get, and i'm sure more money.

Are you looking to do any power mods in the future, or keeping it strictly VIP cruiser?
Old 05-05-14, 09:14 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

T's Project was actually my first choice with my other SC, I really liked it, my only problem with it was, it's not low at all. And I wanted low right from the get-go.

Anyone who has driven an SC300 wether it's a 5 speed or auto, knows how slow these cars really are when you're not flooring the gas pedal. So yeah, I'm looking to do a little bit of power right now actually. Was gonna ask questions on what mods can I do to keep it smog legal here in Cali and NA but achieve like 300whp? LOL
Old 05-05-14, 09:24 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good so far
Old 05-05-14, 10:17 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

T's Project was actually my first choice with my other SC, I really liked it, my only problem with it was, it's not low at all. And I wanted low right from the get-go.

Anyone who has driven an SC300 wether it's a 5 speed or auto, knows how slow these cars really are when you're not flooring the gas pedal. So yeah, I'm looking to do a little bit of power right now actually. Was gonna ask questions on what mods can I do to keep it smog legal here in Cali and NA but achieve like 300whp? LOL
glad you asked, lol. I have a 97 SC300 that i turboed, and i dealt with a similar issue. In Chicago every car that is OBDII needs to be emission tested, and the only way to pass emissions with a turbo kit was to do the TT ECU mod. I'm running a 97 USDM 6spd Supra TT ecu, and the car passed. Idk what they test for in Cali, or how they test it, but i imagine your 2 choices would be going na-t with a USDM tt ecu, or a OBDII USDM gte swap.
Old 05-06-14, 05:04 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

KP, you really keep that one a SECRET? That's pretty clean!

steve
Old 05-06-14, 05:25 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Your SC looks very nice and I really like your interior!

I have no doubt the AC kit will be a nice touch as well.

I'm subscribed to see the progress of the car, especially with the motor. The emissions is one of the few things that keeps me from moving back to CA.
Old 05-06-14, 05:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

KingPhilip & Soarer213 - you guys are teasing me to paint my RM1 black ..lol

ITIM = maganda
Old 05-06-14, 07:35 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
glad you asked, lol. I have a 97 SC300 that i turboed, and i dealt with a similar issue. In Chicago every car that is OBDII needs to be emission tested, and the only way to pass emissions with a turbo kit was to do the TT ECU mod. I'm running a 97 USDM 6spd Supra TT ecu, and the car passed. Idk what they test for in Cali, or how they test it, but i imagine your 2 choices would be going na-t with a USDM tt ecu, or a OBDII USDM gte swap.
I wanna keep it NA though with the GE... If I'll ever get a chance to do GTE, that's the only time I wanna go turbo.

Originally Posted by gerrb
KingPhilip & Soarer213 - you guys are teasing me to paint my RM1 black ..lol

ITIM = maganda
I thought I smelled the adobo in you. LOL
Old 05-06-14, 08:21 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a sexy ride my man. what brand wheels are these?
Old 05-06-14, 08:22 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigwes
this is a sexy ride my man. what brand wheels are these?
Garson D.A.D Specs is on the OP.
Old 05-06-14, 08:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I thought I smelled the adobo in you. LOL
I like halo-halo like Mike (soarer213) , lol.

I see a GTE coming to OP's place , lol.... ... just like Jeslet in AZ who is super quiet now. He got an IS300 and a MKIV project now, no time for the forum anymore.
Old 05-06-14, 09:00 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
I like halo-halo like Mike (soarer213) , lol.

I see a GTE coming to OP's place , lol.... ... just like Jeslet in AZ who is super quiet now. He got an IS300 and a MKIV project now, no time for the forum anymore.
LOL I hear ya. How I wish I have the dough to blow for turbo. Haha

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Dark Side