Kyoei USA x AIMGAIN LS460

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-14, 03:10 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kyoei USA x AIMGAIN LS460

Greetings LS forum!

I have been lucky enough to meet some of you on here in person. However, I'd like to introduce myself to the LS forum. I haven't been actively posting but I've been lurking. So I am way overdue for this thread but I will back track as much as I can, starting about a year ago.

After building my 2002 GS300 for about 7 years, I finally decided to step it up to a LS460..

This is my GS and what it looked like right before I parted it out, with way too many mods to list.

So I started my hunt for the LS last year around this time. After visiting all the dealers in the Phoenix area, and seeing many SWB 460s, a few LWB, one 600hL, 07-09s, and 10+, one of my local dealers, Scottsdale Lexus, got in a 2010 Lexus LS460 w/ Sport Package (black interior) in Starfire Pearl and I fell in LOVE! My salesguy called me while I was in Long Beach, CA for Formula D but I knew I had to see the car as soon as I got back home because I had a feeling that was the one.

When I finally saw the car in person, the car was in great shape except for a few wear and tear blemishes on the inside and outside. But considering the modification plans I had for the exterior, that didn't bother me much. The interior was mint except for the driver's seat and center console lid were worn. Looked like the previous owner slid in and out of the seat and liked to lean on the center console.

But regardless, the car had 29K miles, CPO, one owner, and maintained since it was brand new at Scottsdale Lexus. And oh yeah..did I mention the white on black combo?!?!

Fast forward a couple months later, I am ordering an Aimgain JUN VIP kit, Aimgain G-Luxe wheels, and Airrunner On the Ground air suspension system all in time for SEMA. I had the amazing opportunity to build this car as an official Aimgain demo vehicle for SEMA, all thanks to Kyoei USA.

Then about 3 months later, after all the parts arrived, the parts quickly went to paint and kit installation in Arizona all thanks to Drew (6sick6) who did a great job getting it all done on time on such a short deadline (with sleepless nights and all). Once that was done, air suspension was installed in Anaheim, CA at Airrunner USA in collaboration with Kyoei USA for a clean install (who also took care of the fender work).

The car made it to SEMA and it was a great success! AIMGAIN giving the thumbs up

The weekend after SEMA, I attended AutoFashion's VIP Festival in San Diego. While there, ACCtv (Air Runner) shot the LS460 video which was really fun to be a part of!

http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-...the-ls460.html

Then after the video shoot, the photoshoot was next with Mr. Stickydiljoe. I had the honor of getting my car photographed for the 2014 Aimgain calendar. The photos came out great!

Ok so now that we got all that covered, lets fast forward to last week. I attended Autocon LA. Fun show and a really cool venue!

I will also be at Toyotafest this Saturday. If you are there, feel free to say hi! That is it for now. I am forgetting a few things but I will keep updating the thread.

Old 05-02-14, 03:41 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

just awesome
Old 05-02-14, 05:04 PM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

great job on representing us starfire pearls. i think i saw google images of your car when i was searching for pics of the aimgain side vents. now we know who it belongs to....
Old 05-02-14, 08:09 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Seen the car on Insta and on Aimgains Instagram page and FB page. Car looks great and nice intro!
Old 05-04-14, 03:58 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

top notch build cant go wrong with Aimgain
Old 05-04-14, 11:13 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Great meeting you Cesar! Great car. I'm glad I got to check out Cafe Lu with you lol.
Old 05-05-14, 06:43 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great seeing you at Toyotafest. Cafe Lu...what's that...never heard of it.
Old 05-05-14, 09:32 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lbintab
Great meeting you Cesar! Great car. I'm glad I got to check out Cafe Lu with you lol.
Likewise! Looking forward to hanging out with you guys sometime soon again.

Originally Posted by Nat
Great seeing you at Toyotafest. Cafe Lu...what's that...never heard of it.
I'm glad you guys were able to make the trip. The new look is killer

Yeah I don't know what a "Cafe Lu" is ..you must have me mistaken with someone else
Old 05-10-14, 07:23 AM
LexFather

I was lucky enough to see this in person, it is amazing and the owner is a great guy.
Old 05-16-14, 10:18 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
I was lucky enough to see this in person, it is amazing and the owner is a great guy.
Thanks for the kind words Mike!!