Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03, 08:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

SCWells72
Thanks for the comments!

Where did you get your TTE lip?
Carson Toyota - www.carsontoyota.com - just call them up - don't order it online.
Cost: $299.00 unpainted

Who installed it, and, if not you, how much did installation cost?
My local body shop (I live in Ontario, Canada) - he specializes in high end cars - mainly MB's and BMW's. The local MB and Bimmer dealers send all their body work to him.
I don't know how much it costs yet, he is so busy he has not had time to calculate how much I owe him. When I find out, I will let you know.

Similarly, how much did installation of the side-skirts cost (or did you put them on yourself)?
The side skirts came painted (I did not buy those from Carson Toyota - the ones that Carson Toyota sells come unpainted and cost ~$750.00 or so). I got mine off a CL member - AgGS400
I installed the side skirts myself - it was fairly easy to do.

I am glad you are staying in the GS - awesome car. Please post pics once you get your new wheels on.

Last edited by Hameed; 05-06-03 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 09:01 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hameed, car is slamin dude. remember me , i am the guy who got you the cusco bar. think about getting ugo roof spoiler to complete your look. its well worth the 4 bills but hurry according to steve they are being dicountinued.

my replacement black gs is just about done with tte lip . rod millen grill , ugo roof , ltuned suspension and full tint inclusive of windshield. me and my boy who lives across the streetfrom me who has a 98 set up identical to mine will be posting real pictures this weekend , look out for them and tell me what you think

but in the mean time , man looking at your ride made me have to go change undergarments
Old 05-06-03, 09:14 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hey hammed , car looks gooood!!!! , i love the subtle touches u made , as far as spending too much too fast i totally know what u mean , but its tough 2 say u'll get the rest of the parts next yr when we r only in may, once u start u have 2 finish, its this sick bug thats going around. we caught it from other cl members. and we r giving it to the newer ones too. but any way good luck waiting on wheels
i'm sure u'll post u'r new rims soon
Old 05-06-03, 09:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by lexforlife
hameed, car is slamin dude. remember me , i am the guy who got you the cusco bar. think about getting ugo roof spoiler to complete your look. its well worth the 4 bills but hurry according to steve they are being dicountinued.

my replacement black gs is just about done with tte lip . rod millen grill , ugo roof , ltuned suspension and full tint inclusive of windshield. me and my boy who lives across the streetfrom me who has a 98 set up identical to mine will be posting real pictures this weekend , look out for them and tell me what you think

but in the mean time , man looking at your ride made me have to go change undergarments
Ofcourse I remember you man! Thanks for the compliments on my ride especially the last paragraph.

I followed your posts when that retard crashed into your Silver GS too. I wish I could have bought some of the parts from you, but other CL members beat me to it.

My mechanic installed the Cusco STB you sold me and it looks sweet. I will post some pics of it this weekend.

I want to do a wood kit upgrade to the sober black dash of my car - not the whole dash, but just the center console.

I can't wait to see your new GS and your friends GS as well. I wish I had someone living close to me that is into modding their GS............... Then my wife won't think I am nuts!

Last edited by Hameed; 05-06-03 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 09:34 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bluelex
hey hammed , car looks gooood!!!! , i love the subtle touches u made , as far as spending too much too fast i totally know what u mean , but its tough 2 say u'll get the rest of the parts next yr when we r only in may, once u start u have 2 finish, its this sick bug thats going around. we caught it from other cl members. and we r giving it to the newer ones too. but any way good luck waiting on wheels
i'm sure u'll post u'r new rims soon
Thanks man!

You guys are making it hard for me keep my resolve on not upgrading my rims this year ...........

Last edited by Hameed; 05-06-03 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 09:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

hameed , thanks for the kind remarks. my other gs was black inside as well. what i did was just the climate control and radio only. dont put anything around the center or side ac vents for it is way to much contrast for black int. also goto momo.com and look at the tomahawk shift **** in black/chrome.

this **** in black leather with the chrome really turned up my interior. if you want one cheap , i have mine for sale . mine is 3 months old , i cant use it because my new gs is black/tan and yes i got another tomahawk **** in wood/chrome to match. if you want my **** i'll give it to you $50 shipped. reatil is 80+ and additonal for shipping.
Old 05-06-03, 09:42 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

hey hameed, i'm not saying this 2 brag . but i told my soon 2 b wife that i would take it slow and from jan 2 now i'm $14k into the car already, now she doesn't kow that , i have 2 keep reciepts secret . but i say if u have the means, u only live once, might as well go 4 it. now i'm sorry i'm not trying 2 push into getting anything my friend. but have fun the car is part of the family and its our toys we play with. just like they have thgeir purses and shoes closets full of wear.
Old 05-06-03, 09:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bluelex
hey hameed, i'm not saying this 2 brag . but i told my soon 2 b wife that i would take it slow and from jan 2 now i'm $14k into the car already, now she doesn't kow that , i have 2 keep reciepts secret . but i say if u have the means, u only live once, might as well go 4 it. now i'm sorry i'm not trying 2 push into getting anything my friend. but have fun the car is part of the family and its our toys we play with. just like they have thgeir purses and shoes closets full of wear.
Yeah, I know what you mean bro. I am only up to $4K so far. The car is indeed a part of my family now. I think about it all the time!

U only live once - enough said!
Old 05-06-03, 09:54 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE] I think about it all the time!

lol.lol.
Old 05-06-03, 10:05 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

hameed , thanks for the kind remarks. my other gs was black inside as well. what i did was just the climate control and radio only. dont put anything around the center or side ac vents for it is way to much contrast for black int. also goto momo.com and look at the tomahawk shift **** in black/chrome.

this **** in black leather with the chrome really turned up my interior. if you want one cheap , i have mine for sale . mine is 3 months old , i cant use it because my new gs is black/tan and yes i got another tomahawk **** in wood/chrome to match. if you want my **** i'll give it to you $50 shipped. reatil is 80+ and additonal for shipping.
Yeah, exactly - just the center console is what I plan to do. Where did you get yours? I found www.exoticwooddash.com has a kit for the GS.

Can you send me a pic of the shift **** u have for sale bro? I just want to see what it looks like first.
Old 05-06-03, 10:13 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

dude i dont have a pic with me but goto momo.com and look for tomahawk style . it comes in a couple of leather colors or wood with chrome. the wood chrome does not look right in black interior but black leather with chrome looks sweet. look at your inside door handles look at ac vents they are in chrome. the **** picks up frpm them nicely also add some nice chrome foot pedals and you are done
Old 05-06-03, 11:02 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

dude i dont have a pic with me but goto momo.com and look for tomahawk style . it comes in a couple of leather colors or wood with chrome. the wood chrome does not look right in black interior but black leather with chrome looks sweet. look at your inside door handles look at ac vents they are in chrome. the **** picks up frpm them nicely also add some nice chrome foot pedals and you are done
I searched here http://www.autospeedy.com/momo_shift...asp?offset=104 but could not find the one you are talking about. Let me know where I can see the shift ****.
Old 05-06-03, 02:23 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hameed the H&R Trak+ spacers, are application specific spacers that will push your wheels out a little further to help fill the wheel well, and give better handling. They come with new wheel studs and all, they are not just some cheap spacer that will mess up your car!! I think a pair goes for about 150 or so. Check it out on the H&R website.
Old 05-06-03, 03:54 PM
LexFather

Your ride looks AWESOME! Way to go Hameed!
Old 05-06-03, 04:36 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Lookin good!

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
....so clean and fresh....
Ditto!

But I have one question that no one has asked so far. You are SOO small! How do you reach the pedals?

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003