Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-03, 04:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
Gorgeous GS H. Silver on Black, and I'm not usually a fan of chromes, but they look really sharp. Congrats.
Thanks Dex! It's a blast driving the car!

Now saving up for some cosmetic stuff - L-tuned grille/side skirts and TTE lip.................
Old 03-27-03, 04:56 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Ordered my second set of mods!!! :)

After doing the suspension/handling mods in February, I have been itching to do my second set of mods - the cosmetic stuff and I finally did that yesterday!!!

I ordered the following:
1. L-tuned side skirts and L-tuned grille (from a CL member here AgGS400) for the killer price of $550.00 (including shipping by air to Canada) brand new already painted the factory alpine silver - supposed to be all original from some Toyota dealer in Houston, Texas. ETA is April 5th).

2. Cusco Rear strut tower bar from another CL member (brand new still in the original box)- lexforlife for $165.00 (including shipping to Canada). ETA is before April 5th

3. TTE front Lip spoiler - $299.00 (from none other than Angel Bracamonte of Carson Toyota)
4. TRD Front strut tower bar - $180.00 (same as above)
Shipping on the last two was $50.00

So the total for my second set of mods is $1,245.00 !!!! Can't wait to install them and post some new pics!!

I am soooooo excited - I feel like a kid again. An old kid that is..............

Last edited by Hameed; 03-27-03 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-27-03, 05:39 AM
apatel
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations, you're on a roll...adding something almost every month. Seems like the mod bug has really gotten you So whats the next set of mods going to be?
Old 03-27-03, 06:05 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Next set of mods will be rims and tires - probably later in the year. I have to control my spending for a couple of months now or the Bank will sell my house..
Old 03-27-03, 06:38 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Next set of mods will be rims and tires - probably later in the year. I have to control my spending for a couple of months now or the Bank will sell my house..
i totally understand ,i have been spending like MC Hammer in his day over the last couple of months, its like youe never done. and my wife was supportive 4 a while but now is complaining that i'm spending more time with u guys than her. but when the bug hits its like no other i've ever seen.
Old 03-27-03, 06:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bluelex
i totally understand ,i have been spending like MC Hammer in his day over the last couple of months, its like youe never done. and my wife was supportive 4 a while but now is complaining that i'm spending more time with u guys than her. but when the bug hits its like no other i've ever seen.
Same thing here! My wife complains that all I talk about now is the car - she is feeling ignored. Gotta fix that real soon.......
Old 03-27-03, 06:51 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Same thing here! My wife complains that all I talk about now is the car - she is feeling ignored. Gotta fix that real soon.......
when it comes decorating the house they have the bug too, so i would think they understandwhat we r going threw but sometimes i think they r just a little upset that all this money is going towards a car and not the house or them.
Old 03-27-03, 06:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bluelex
when it comes decorating the house they have the bug too, so i would think they understandwhat we r going threw but sometimes i think they r just a little upset that all this money is going towards a car and not the house or them.
Ha ha ha.....

I am going through the exact same thing!!!! What I do is I let her buy stuff for the house (her mod bug) and then I buy some stuff for the car. And the cycle continues. So it has been ok so far. Crossing my fingers now.

I envision new rims/tires, big brake kit upgrade, PI Torque Converter, Tranny cooler, LSD, HID fogs - the list is endless regarding what I want to do to my car.......... <sigh>
Old 03-27-03, 07:09 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Ha ha ha.....

I am going through the exact same thing!!!! What I do is I let her buy stuff for the house (her mod bug) and then I buy some stuff for the car. And the cycle continues. So it has been ok so far. Crossing my fingers now.

I envision new rims/tires, big brake kit upgrade, PI Torque Converter, Tranny cooler, LSD, HID fogs - the list is endless regarding what I want to do to my car.......... <sigh>
i do the same ,let her buy mods 4 the house and i buy mods 4 the car. i just got my system installed with 3 tv's and went 4 a night drive last night to turn heads and we stopped to buy lamps 4 the bedroom so she could feel better.
Old 03-27-03, 07:48 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain, Hameed.

I've had my car less than a month and I've already spent over $3K in modifications..lol. My fiancee said she is becoming very jealous of my "new girlfriend".

She bought new furniture this month so I was able to sneak all this activity in while she was distracted

Last edited by tomtnc; 03-27-03 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-27-03, 07:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by tomtnc

I've had my car less than a month and I've already spent over $3K in modifications..lol. My fiancee said she is becoming very jealous of my "new girlfriend".

Just let your wife drive it every now and then to keep her pacified...it's working for me
My wife refuses to drive my car! She says the last time she drove my car I sold it (I had a 96 E320 up until Nov. 20th last year when I traded it on the GS). So she says if she drives the GS I will probably end up selling it very soon.

I just buy stuff for her - personal kind of stuff, so I think she is fine. I will pay off the car now, before I make any more mods to the car. I have spent about the same as you in about 4 months, so I will take easy for a while now till I have paid off the car - probably end of this year.
Old 03-27-03, 08:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tomtnc

She bought new furniture this month so I was able to sneak all this activity in while she was distracted
oh my god i just did a quick calculation on what i've spent on the car with installation in the last 4 months when i started to mod. between bodykit .exhaust.intake,strutbar.new radio head unit and changer.2 tv's in redone front headrest.installation of music in trunk. coilovers.wheels and tires,tint.including painting and installation of these items ,i'm over 14k .oh my god if my wife finds out its really that much she'll kill me
Old 03-27-03, 08:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hey Blulex, let's see new pics of your ride with the wheels and suspension mods...
Old 03-27-03, 08:13 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Blulex, let's see new pics of your ride with the wheels and suspension mods...
the tires r here i posted pics of the a week ago but the wheels r on order from japan with gs4will , should b here in a couple of weeks, hopefully, the coilover were just shipped from steve at carson toyota yesterday so they should b here in a couple of days too. when everything is in u guys know i'll post pics .many pics just got my music installed yesterday posted pics in the gallery and electric forum, pretty clean and simple job..
Old 05-05-03, 11:14 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Updated pics of my 99 GS400 with the L-tuned kit and TTE front lip spoiler!

Check out the first nine images in my gallery for updated pics of my 99 GS400 with the recently installed L-tuned side skirts, grille and TTE front lip spoiler!.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0&ppuser=12035

I took these with a Minolta Dimage 7i (5.0 MegaPixels). What an amazing camera. Just got the camera, so the images are not bad for a newbie. Make sure to click on the images to see the bigger sized ones and notice how most of them are sharply in focus....

Let me know what you brothas and sistahs think ...............

Last edited by Hameed; 05-15-06 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003