Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 06:00 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi Hameed!

Did you ever install the modified hood struts for you CF hood? I'm thinking of getting a Seibon hood but I'm holding out for an oem style hood strut.
Old 07-07-07, 07:13 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Hi Hameed!

Did you ever install the modified hood struts for you CF hood? I'm thinking of getting a Seibon hood but I'm holding out for an oem style hood strut.
I actually did. If you look at some of the installed pics you will see the OEM style lower powered struts.

However they are a tad more powerful than they need to be, so I had to take them off as the hood started to bulge out on one side. I should be getting some new ones soon and will update this thread when I get them installed.
Old 07-07-07, 11:31 AM
ShaiKmai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might lean toward painting the sides.....or maybe just the middle!!! ok don't listen to me i have no freakin clue. I would have to say "something" has to be done
Old 07-08-07, 08:11 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's not some beater import! It would look more classy with it painted on the sides.
Old 07-09-07, 07:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by ShaiKmai
I might lean toward painting the sides.....or maybe just the middle!!! ok don't listen to me i have no freakin clue. I would have to say "something" has to be done
Originally Posted by CDW91
It's not some beater import! It would look more classy with it painted on the sides.
That's a revelation! It's not a beater import! Wow!!! Thank god I didn't buy a beater import almost 5 years ago! For some reason I was always under the impression I had a friggin beater import.

I never said I would leave it as is. Read through the thread please before you assume that I said I would leave it like that or even hinted I would leave it as is.

Unlike others who can afford to plunk down $1500 in mods without even thinking twice, unfortunately my house (mortgage and mods) competes with any mod I put on my car, so I have to do this in stages.

The pics I posted here show the hood installed, not the final stage of the hood mod itself.
Old 07-09-07, 12:01 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Originally Posted by Hameed
I never said I would leave it as is. Read through the thread please before you assume that I said I would leave it like that or even hinted I would leave it as is.
You seem to be a little touchy. You say you never said you would leave it as is but by your first post it differs...

It is so freaking beautiful, I am now torn between leaving it as is versus painting the sides.......

Just looking at the hood by itself (not on the car), I want to leave it as is and not cover up the sides with silver.

I guess I should install it and see what it looks like on the car, but right now I am so not tempted to paint it anymore.

CF looks really amazing in person!!!
I didn't want to or have the time to read 4 pages of misc stuff after that. You said you thought about leaving it and I posted my opinion that it would look better painted on the sides.
Old 07-09-07, 12:06 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

You seem to be a little touchy. You say you never said you would leave it as is but by your first post it differs...

I didn't want to or have the time to read 4 pages of misc stuff after that. You said you thought about leaving it and I posted my opinion that it would look better painted on the sides.
Not being touchy at all.

If you read my statement (what you quoted), my comments of not wanting to paint it were based on the CF look alone BEFORE I had installed the hood on the car.
Old 07-09-07, 12:10 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you decided on a paint scheme for the hood?
Old 07-09-07, 12:11 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hameed,

The car's looking great bro! I actually wouldn't mind the hood without paint. I think it looks really good especially because it has the same shape as the OEM.
Old 07-09-07, 12:33 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
have you decided on a paint scheme for the hood?
Pretty much, but my desires are bigger than my wallet, so it's on hold now.

Basically painting the sides starting at the bottom of the center bulge on each side of the hood (to emphasize the bulge), swapping out the grille for a CF one (already bought it and will install it this weekend), and later on painting the roof a darker color, not quite black to match the center of CF color on the hood, but something lighter - perhaps titanium ...... still on the fence about this
Old 07-09-07, 12:34 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
Hameed,

The car's looking great bro! I actually wouldn't mind the hood without paint. I think it looks really good especially because it has the same shape as the OEM.
Thanks bud. It looks kinda weird as is especially with the silver grille. I think it is too much CF for a car like this.
Old 07-09-07, 01:11 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Well I am glad you came to your senses then Should look great when finished!
Old 07-09-07, 01:13 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Well I am glad you came to your senses then Should look great when finished!
And you can read now!
Old 07-10-07, 08:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Pretty much, but my desires are bigger than my wallet, so it's on hold now.

Basically painting the sides starting at the bottom of the center bulge on each side of the hood (to emphasize the bulge), swapping out the grille for a CF one (already bought it and will install it this weekend), and later on painting the roof a darker color, not quite black to match the center of CF color on the hood, but something lighter - perhaps titanium ...... still on the fence about this

Should look good, not sure about painting the roof though.
Old 07-10-07, 08:50 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Niiiiiiice.

I would paint it though like the picture above.
Throw on a nice grill and DONE!

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003