Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZGE build

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-14, 08:29 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on using the same LS2 coils that I had in my 7MGTE motor. I will run the EFI with a Wolf V500 and the 7MGTE CPS to start it then toy with the stock 2JZGE NA dizzy mod that I found in this forum....thanks guys! You have shown me some nice information so that is why I thought to do this thread here!

Attached Images  
Old 04-13-14, 08:35 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Default Fuel injectors

I am running Delphi 1000cc injectors that were in the 7MGTE they fit perfectly as you can see them mounted here. I had dual -6 feeds, and a center return on the 7M, but for now I will use the stock fuel rail with a -8 feed in the front which will have a Y adapter dual -6 to a single -8 feed to the front of the rail, and a -6 return on the back side of the rail with a Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. Twin Walbro's in tank are the feeders, which I am thinking of replacing one Walbro with a Walbro 400lph pump. I will order a Drift Motion dual fed center return rail soon1 Pics to follow during the week of this fuel set up.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0224.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0227.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0228.jpg  

Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 04-13-14 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-13-14, 08:49 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

I am debating replacing those valve covers with 2JZGTE covers a friend is selling what do you guys think. I could always do as I did my 7MGTE covers and strip and polish them.
Old 04-13-14, 09:07 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

I will want to keep everything looking as close to stock as possible so I will like to find out where I might be able to find a 2JZ air conditioning hose that fits that compressor. I don't want to get it new but was hoping to find a bad hose with the fitting to the mounting on the compressor so that I can have those ends fabricated to the 7Ms condenser through my Aeroquip dealer. The Aeroquip dealer will make me a custom hose that will out perform anything stock or any other after market hose maker can manufacture.

If I can get my hands on those ends that fit the compressor I will have new hose fabricated while I wait in like 20 minutes or less.!

Someone here was looking for a way to avoid cooking rubber turbo feed water line hoses near the exhaust manifold....see my future pics of a "QWIK" fix for that.

I have had that steeel braided oil relocation line for the oil sender for about 10 years do you like how it just fit into the 2JZ no modification t all. I just removed the stock unit and installed this in seconds after removing that pesky compressor unit.

Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 04-13-14 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-13-14, 09:41 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Default engine dlivered

2JZGE build-_57.jpg

2JZGE build-2jzge-side.jpg

Attachment 324025This is what the engine looked like when I went to the importer in Queens NY. After inspecting the rear main seal, and opening the intake throttle plate, and saw that it was clean as a whistle I decided to take it home. Thanks to a friend I was able to load it in his Silverado and take it to work on it in his shop! Who could ask for a better friend right. He has a 2jzGTE and 2 7Mgte''s with one getting a 2JZGTE installed as well. I want to send a shout out to Varney and Todd for their never ending faith and help in helping me in my endeavors to mod a Supra 7M and 2JZ alike!
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-_57-4-.jpg  

Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 04-13-14 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-13-14, 09:53 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Default original 2JZGE rear sump

This is a picture of the rear of the block I some how deleted it in the above picture that I mentioned the rear is how you can tell that it is JDM for sure. As I mentioned I inspected this in person to make sure there were no visible oil leaks or oil vapor in the intake to indicate high wear and tear. This is not guaranteed However; the visual is all that you have until you get it apart isn't it. There was another used block that they were selling for a friend that had oil on the rear of the head, and all over the block....a picture is worth a 1000 words. After seeing that block I figure I was on the right track since it just ooooozed worn, and used form the looks of a first glance.....good luck to the guy hoping to sell that.

Since they did not try to hide this fact I would say that they are credible. Also a major 2JZGTE builder buys from him here in NY and mods the H*LL out of them.

Yes it came with the harness that looks to be pretty mint. Anyone using the stock oil level gauge sender on the left side of the block near the dip stick?
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-2jzge-reaer-sump.jpg  

Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 04-13-14 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-14-14, 06:07 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Today was not a bad day I sourced more goodies, and even found a set of 2JZ AC compressor hose that I will try to get adapted to the 7M compressor hose on the condenser side I will take this to an Aeroquip dealer and hope that they will be able to franken splice them into one unit 2JZ on the compressor side and 7M on the condenser side.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0308.jpg  
Old 04-14-14, 06:15 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

My FFI intake arrived from FTG Motor Sport on Ebay along with my new exhaust manifold. The guy that runs FTG Motor Sports is a stand up guy and if you have any concerns just give him a call he will make sure things go the way that you want them to. He constantly replied to my concerns and addressed everything in a timely manner. I welded a bung for the 1/2 NPT -10 flared JIC fitting which will feed vacuum, and the brake booster. I may have to tap the FFI for the remote mount idle control valve.....we will see!
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0299.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0301.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0300.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0314.jpg  
Old 04-14-14, 06:20 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Default exhaust manifold

The FTG Motor Sport exhaust manifold is in this picture and I will see if the fitment is a little better than the manifold that is on the block now.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0302.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0304.jpg  
Old 04-14-14, 08:54 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn this thread is moving along quite fast lol. I love where this is going so far.
Old 04-15-14, 04:51 AM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Damn this thread is moving along quite fast lol. I love where this is going so far.
Thanks I had to wait for a few parts but since I modded the 7M so heavily this is sort of easy. The 2JZ may be an improved 7M but in a MKIII body shares the same modification path. I hope to have it running by weeks end!

I also hope to have all pictures posted of my own mods like the vacuum fitting going to an Eagle Vacuum distribution block, and my remote ISC valve. That ISC remote allowed me to have 272 cams idle at 870 rpms with no lope with an 18 vacuum!

I can't wait to test fit those LS2 coils to see if they will work and sit in the head as they did in the 7M

Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 04-15-14 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-15-14, 02:49 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Water lines to the turbo that will not melt for some of you wondering how to do it. Here is one solution. I have another metal hard pipe as well. I will need to find it to pot pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0237.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0233.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0220.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0239.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0240.jpg  

Old 04-16-14, 09:49 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Nice build so far, also nice welding skills. I really like the 7m you had in there =) The 2jz will no doubt come out as good or better, will check in and see how its going. Nice with the coolant lines, most of us just run turbo's without them though, but I do have to change the oil quite often.
Old 04-16-14, 08:45 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Nice build so far, also nice welding skills. I really like the 7m you had in there =) The 2jz will no doubt come out as good or better, will check in and see how its going. Nice with the coolant lines, most of us just run turbo's without them though, but I do have to change the oil quite often.

I am and was a hard core 7MGTE guy. The water jacket on the back of the head broke last year and I modified it to take a -12 Flared M16 nickel fitting. I had to take the head off to repair this. When I replaced the head I line the cams AND THE CRANK AND FORGOT TO TAKE THE WRENCH OFF OF THE CRANK. I broke the crank bolt and the car sat until 3 weeks ago.

After taking the block out I just decided to go 2JZ, and here I am.
Old 04-16-14, 08:50 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Today I tried another exhaust manifold this one is from FTG Motor Sport on Ebay. The supports seems to be worth the swap my friend thinks. I hope this is the case no cracks or breaking is wanted.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE build-dsc_0322.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0302.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0321.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0317.jpg   2JZGE build-dsc_0316.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2JZGE build