Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 06:16 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

tail lights are finally done!!! check out the build in my sig.

Old 04-14-15, 10:02 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i finally got a job!!! 2 jobs actually lol. one full time, another part time. the full time one is right in a game company so exactly what i went to school for, another is for landscaping visualization, which is still in my field because it deals with a 3D program.

so you guys can guess what's gonna be happening now... MODS!!! first off, waiting for my friend to part his wrecked SC so i could get his rear wheel knuckles cz i don't wanna press out the bearing so changing the entire knuckle will be easier and my hand brakes don't work so it will be 2 birds with one stone. after that, DBA rear rotors and brake pads all around, already ordered a new door hinge from aliga.

once all the mechanical goodness is done, it will be an amp for the speakers and then body work, body work, body work, body work, body work, paint! stay tuned, and also check out my light build, i'll be updating that soon with news on the headlights, which i'll be test printing new prototypes this week and modifying the entire housing. should be fun!
Old 04-16-15, 09:42 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the jobs man. good luck with the rest. at least you got a job in what you studied.
keep the mods coming. I really want to see how those head lights come out.
Old 04-19-15, 07:32 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

man i'm tired, all day been doing all sorts of random stuff. took all the AC components out, except the pump because i'll do that when i do the front of the engine maintenance like timing belt and stuff. cleaned a lot of the bay up, especially underneath the battery and underneath the intake, and took the heat shield off the exhaust that was rattling like a snake.

next weekend, hopefully my buddy will finally sell me his knuckle so i could fix that. will also try removing the ABS block, that's been a big goal of mine, once i'm there i'll finish taking those couple AC pipes out because i couldn't reach behind there and simply cut them next to the strut tower. first day of work tomorrow!

here's all the junk, condenser is messed up cz my little brother has too much energy and i let him take it out on it

so much room for activities now!!! maybe an intercooler???

i reused the old pipes just connected them together in a loop so nothing falls into the AC pump, could sell that since it still works it was just the pipes were leaking and lost all pressure.

tried cleaning the intake a little, will probably just paint it black next weekend.
Old 04-21-15, 06:18 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

new door hinge!!! no more popping finally, couldn't stand that pop anymore, except this hinge makes a rubbing noise, need to lube it somehow and clean it up.

not fun to install, had to employ child labor (my younger brother)
Old 04-21-15, 09:45 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh if its not too late can you weigh the whole door, with the panel and all installed?
Old 04-22-15, 07:25 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Oh if its not too late can you weigh the whole door, with the panel and all installed?
Aww man i should have! Already installed though. I'll probably be taking it off again, having some fitment issues, hearing a lot more road noise now for some reason.
Old 04-22-15, 04:08 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

looks like the door will come off soon, there's a pretty big gap up front and i'm hearing lots of noise, is there a way to adjust the door hinge? there's almost a half inch gap there now, the weird thing is the back of the door is fine, it's just the front, as if the door hinge is too big and the door is sticking outwards.
passenger side

and driver side, as you can see it's sticking out like the door hinge is too big.
Old 04-26-15, 08:42 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

finally got the parts i need!! and some... couldn't get the ball joints off so i just took everything with me, i'll give the control arms back to him next time i see him. so now i gotta figure out a way to get these damn ball joints off on my car without damaging them and on this knuckle, however. gonna try one of those little puller/pusher things whatever they're called, the ones that look like a C with a bolt in the middle. i'm only gonna be using the knuckle and halfshaft since those are the only rotating parts that could be bad in my car. these parts i got only have 70k miles on them so they should last me a while.
Old 04-27-15, 07:32 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

did some random stuff. filled the trunk holes, got dark so crappy pictures, and took the trunk and hood liners out. this weekend hoping to change out the parts. finish up the rest of the body work, need to still do driver quarter panel

Old 04-27-15, 07:39 PM
clamsoup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coming along nicely!
Old 04-27-15, 10:42 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I would say just go nuts with PB blaster and wd-40 on the ball joint, let it sit 30 minutes and then repeat, do it 3-4 times and it should be very easy to get off. If you are going through all the trouble replacing it I would go get another boot as well since you'll most likely tear this one up while removing, if it isn't already.
Old 04-28-15, 05:30 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I would say just go nuts with PB blaster and wd-40 on the ball joint, let it sit 30 minutes and then repeat, do it 3-4 times and it should be very easy to get off. If you are going through all the trouble replacing it I would go get another boot as well since you'll most likely tear this one up while removing, if it isn't already.
i'm not changing the ball joints or anything, i'm just throwing the new hub on that's all.
Old 05-03-15, 05:20 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

well today was a fail, had all day to change everyhting and couldn't get the caliper off, lower bolt is completely stuck and stripped, no idea what i'm gonna do about that, probably use that lug not remover i have, hopefully it can grab hold of the bolt, or get some sort of kit then buy a bolt from the dealership, supra bolt should fit right?

figured out how to disconnect the hand brake cable, it's really stupid, had to take the entire hand brake apart. so gotta wait another week to fix my car, really sucks this waiting.
Old 05-05-15, 01:42 PM
DHenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you get your door issue figured out?

I was thinking that you may have installed it upside down, or the wrong side (passenger side on driver's side door). That may cause a slight difference, which could have caused your issue.

Not even sure if that's possible, that's why i was asking.

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd