Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 10:33 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

got the techna fit brake lines a few days ago, looking good, will try to install them friday since it's my only free day, will also paint the calipers then. next up is the DBA rotors and i'll just put the supra front rotors in the back after i get them machined cz they're warped, hopefully they're in spec still.

also tried installing the push button start but can't figure out where the starter wire is by the key. anyone know which wire to splice into? i'm not trying to do it some special way, just the regular splice into wire and turn key press button set up.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0201.jpg  
Old 07-28-14, 09:52 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

brake lines installed, forgot to take pictures, only painted one caliper cz the passenger side rear one the bottom bolt was stuck, need a torch to get it off. need to flush the brakes more, flushed them for like 5 minutes on each wheel and it was still coming out dark green and even like hard chunks of black stuff in it, eewww...

so gonna flush the brakes even more they still feel a tiny bit squishy, i'm not sure if they're supposed to feel like that because i have bigger calipers, anyone got any idea? could the bad brake fluid cause squishiness? i know there's no more air in the lines because the bubbles stopped coming after a couple pumps and i still kept going after that.

also will finish painting the calipers, probably just mask everything off and spray them on the car, we'll see if i can get em off. pics coming soon!
Old 07-29-14, 09:24 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
92 Sc with less then 100k miles for sale.. you make me want to get it. i just got a 95 sc300 that I just adore.
it's a great car, i can't wait to make it a 5 speed and supercharge it, but that will have to wait a while lol
Old 08-10-14, 09:11 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

brakes painted and looking good, lost my lock nut key for the wheels so bought 4 regular ones and this nifty little tool that just screws straight into a bolt and gets stuck and unscrews it. awesome 10 bucks if you got stripped lug nuts or bigger bolts around 19mm size.

now i'm a bit of a dilemma, i can either buy the plastidip kit and finish up the body work completely, or buy those new front DBA rotors and resurface the front stock TT rotors and throw them on the back (cz the back ones are too small)

what do you guys think? looks or performance on this one?
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0276.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0275.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0272.jpg  
Old 08-11-14, 07:46 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Impressive work! Looks like Illinois is a harsh Place for cars when it comes to rust? A lot of salt on the roads during Winter?
Old 08-11-14, 07:55 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ that's an awesome tool.. I had the same situation when buying a car and had no key. I hammered on a 12 point socket and used air tools lol
Old 08-11-14, 09:32 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lettut
Impressive work! Looks like Illinois is a harsh Place for cars when it comes to rust? A lot of salt on the roads during Winter?
oh yea illinois sucks. just tons and tons of salt the entire winter. gotta get car washes all the time to keep the car from rusting overnight. if you listen carefully you could probably hear it rust. this is mostly northern illinois by chicago, i hear southern illinois uses sand, just like every surrounding area and state (indiana, wisconsin, michigan).
Old 08-12-14, 01:40 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Same problems as here in Sweden. I only drive my SC´s from april to september, to spare them from the salt and snow. My poor LS has to withstand the winters...

Are you planning on a W58 or an R154 swap?
Old 08-12-14, 06:06 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Performance all the way man
Old 08-12-14, 08:53 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I say plastidip the car, man!
Old 08-12-14, 11:23 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

I went with the brakes this time. Today is a sad day though. Started the car to go to school and 10 seconds into running once i put it into drive it felt like it dropped a cylinder and started running really rough, so i turned it off, turned it back on, same thing.

Checked both coils, ran smoother on the passenger side one. So started taking it apart and the last plug all the way by the firewall had oil on it. So i got a bad spark plug gasket... Gonna take it out and clean it up once i get back from school, i think i had too much oil in the engine. It was 3/4 to full on the dip stick, didn't think it would be a problem because i had that much on the xB usually.

If that doesn't fix it, valve cover gaskets and spark gaskets and plugs. will get changed and then we'll see from there on.
Old 08-12-14, 11:26 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lettut
Same problems as here in Sweden. I only drive my SC´s from april to september, to spare them from the salt and snow. My poor LS has to withstand the winters...

Are you planning on a W58 or an R154 swap?
Once i.got the time and money, whatever comes up I'll take. I'm not planning to make tons of power so the w58 will handle anything I'll probably do, but if i could get an R154, that would be great too lol.
Old 08-12-14, 09:40 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

well car is still running like absolute *****. my guess is the timing belt slipped because exhaust smells like unburnt fuel and the engine drives like it has 40hp. i dont have the time or money to fix this so i'll probably lease a different car and part this out. i'll keep you guys posted.
Old 08-13-14, 01:18 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
well car is still running like absolute *****. my guess is the timing belt slipped because exhaust smells like unburnt fuel and the engine drives like it has 40hp. i dont have the time or money to fix this so i'll probably lease a different car and part this out. i'll keep you guys posted.
Whattt??? No way! Someone will chime in and help but it sounds like timing/ignition to me.

If you do though, I call dibs on your LCA's, calipers/lines and coilovers lol..
Old 08-13-14, 01:58 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
don't give up on this car, man. you were making great progress. But if its past fixing, i want the tt auto diff

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd