Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 08:11 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

oh also traded the TTs for some 97 sides and door trim, gonna be lookin snazzy soon, sorry for the horrible pic lol, couldn't get a better one since its dark and they're in my basement shed now.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1014.jpg  
Old 05-01-14, 08:18 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Good progress in such a short time. Take you time and build it the way you want and have fun.
Old 05-01-14, 01:49 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i am really taking my time lol, mostly cz of school, work, and shortage of money.

i have a problem though, the sound that was in the passenger side rear wheel has gotten much much worse and now it sounds like grinding popping metal, also its raining today and that one wheel was warm and steaming just from a mile drive from my house to walgreens and back. nothing else is warm though, just the tire, could it be an awful alignment or is the bearing creating a bunch of friction and the wheel isn't spinning or is it the diff that's locking up the one wheel? this is getting pretty annoying, the car sounds horrible now and i have no idea what to do. any ideas? the sound is also worst when going really slow, like 5-10 mph, then it dissappears and turns into the chirp that it used to be. it also happens more on throttle rather than when slowing to a stop, but then starts back up when just idling and inching forward a little. in reverse its milder too, it just pops a little instead of grinds. this is getting really freaky

Edit:, tire was flat, noise Is still there though

Last edited by oldManTan; 05-01-14 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 05:22 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

worked on the skirts a little, and door trims. should be awesome weather next week so i'll try to get em done and primed and slap them on SCindy. one is cracked and the other one is mint. no big deal, just heated it up with a heat gun from the inside and stepped on it and put a flower pot on it and its straighter now, probably won't be able to straighten it out completely but that will just get strengthened with fiberglass and body filler. i love body work!!!
didn't realize how blurry the pics are until now. ill get some better ones next week.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1025.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1026.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1027.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1028.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1029.jpg  

Old 05-17-14, 11:57 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

so i got the skirts done and mounted!!! gotta say car looks so much freakin better now! found a front lip i might pick up, but first gotta fix that horrible noise from the rear. got diff oil today, will be changing it tmr. anyone know what the torque on the diff is if i wanna take it out to reseal its back end? i think it's leaking from there and i wanna seal it up well with some gasket maker, but if i can't figure out how to get it out tmr or have the courage to, then i'll just try to seal it from the outside with silicon or something... for now. gonna be getting the plastidip kit soon and will go all out with that. Nautilus blue color changing and a nice thick coat of glossy clear, can't wait to do that. oh and will start working on the roof rust tmr if i have time.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1093.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1094.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1117.jpg  
Old 05-26-14, 09:22 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

back with a somewhat major update i guess? finally got the major holes on the roof done. yea i know it should have been welded but hey, i'm a 20 year old and don't got time for that lol. sealed it up with a butt load of silicone, used a whole tube on one side where there was an actual hole, the other side was pretty fine actually, i was surprised. turned out pretty well, still haven't painted the car or plastidipped it so i'm driving around with these primer splotches lol. don't have a before picture of the passenger side so it's just a picture of all the silicon.

sideskirts are holding up great, scraped a couple times tho, realized i gotta be even more careful on shizy chicago roads. and the weird sound in the back, still didn't figure it out, but i found a treatment for it. i just jack the rear of the car up spin the wheels around a little while the car is in neutral and let it sit with the wheels hanging for a bit and the sound goes away? weird right? the sound won't come back for a few weeks too, it's really weird and now i'm thinking it's the CV joints so i'll try to get some grease in there to see if it will help.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_1133.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-driverba.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-passba.jpg  
Old 06-25-14, 11:01 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

been away for a bit, was finishing up a quarter of school.

haven't done much besides paint the car with a rattle can i got on ebay that said they matched the paint. it's a little dark but watever, just wanted something to cover up the primer before i plastidip the car.

found another nasty rust spot that i'll fix tomorrow. good thing it's not on the body where you can see but underneath so won't have to repaint that like the other side.

took the TRAC system out, or i think i did, it was this second throttle cable running to a little motor and a plug to it.

tested the relocation of the battery today if it will work with the existing cables that are in the trunk, nope. need some thicker wires car wouldn't start.

will be getting new diff bushings from a member here and install those soon hopefully.

oh and put the LEDs in the dash, little hot spotty, ill try putting something reflective inside the cluster maybe dissipate the light better. still haven't found a DIY on how to fix the needle lights, but have somehting figured out i think.

that's about it for now. enjoy the pictures
Old 07-09-14, 03:41 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

little update here

poly diff bushings installed
the solenoid bypass mod on the AT tranny
and some interior lights cz why not
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0144.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0150.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0153.jpg  
Old 07-10-14, 05:48 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

props for doing all this work yourself, man. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress. When are you dipping it, and what color?

On a side note, I definitely think you should have kept the TT wheels
Old 07-10-14, 10:35 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
props for doing all this work yourself, man. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress. When are you dipping it, and what color?

On a side note, I definitely think you should have kept the TT wheels
lol i'm not a fan of the TT wheels. i'm a youngin and like aftermarket stuffs.

this is the first time i've worked on a car so i'm learning as i'm doing everything and i'm loving it! next up is brakes (DBA rotors and SS lines) and then paint to cover up the primer so the plastidip doesn't peel it off. not painting the whole car, just patch and blend. i'll be dipping it a bright blue color, either the sazuka blue or a different one forget the name of it. but it will be pearl that's for sure
Old 07-12-14, 11:31 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

ECT sensor came in, will try to install that tmr, gonna have to take my strut brace off because there's no other way to get to everything else with it on. hopefully that won't be a pain.
do some more body work maybe, don't have all day though. got work at 4 so i'll probably just get the ECT done and that's it
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0179.jpg  
Old 07-12-14, 11:38 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

forgot to add some pics of how the interior looks at night and how the brace is in the way
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0146.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0181.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0154.jpg  
Old 07-13-14, 07:24 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You're making some nice changes, I like the magic you worked with the side skirts! Nice! Keep the updates coming! Thx for sharing!

steve
Old 07-13-14, 10:18 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
You're making some nice changes, I like the magic you worked with the side skirts! Nice! Keep the updates coming! Thx for sharing!

steve
thanks man, i'm taking my time since money is an issue lol
Old 07-13-14, 01:22 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

sensor installed. gonna go to work now and let you guys know tonight how it feels. will try to run a 0-60 test if i can somewhere. took about 40 minutes to replace because all the plastic pieces are in the way of it.

the old sensor looked pretty awful and the connectors wasn't even connected to it, it just slid right off. made sure the new one plugged in tight.
Attached Thumbnails 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0183.jpg   92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd-dsc_0184.jpg  

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd