Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-15, 08:56 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpi300
i'll speak for myself because I completely understand. your so in tune and in the zone with fixing/modifying stuff that you don't want to stop in the middle of a project just to take pictures. especially when you just want it to be done already so you can see the awesomeness you've created. haha. I get that way.
that's exactly what happens, i'm putting stuff back together and then i realize, oh i'm done, i should have taken some pictures.

should have ordered the LEDs from a US seller, looks like they'll take a while to get here, also got 350 piece set of heat shrink for 10 bucks lol, gotta love fleabay. need to find a place that sells purolator filters around here, amazon has em but i dont wanna pay the shipping that's 70% of the filter price so i'm basically paying double. gonna try Amsoil and a purolator synthetic oil filter, see if that 15k miles is true lol, gonna put a bottle of motor flush in before that as well. after that i'm not sure, probably gonna have to do the timing belt some day soon, putting it off cz i really really don't want to do it, gonna need some friends to come help me, i've read the procedure in the manual a few times and it's really intimidating lol. i'll do all the fluids then so that's why i'm putting that off as well. once that's done, she's basically all set for a few more years lol.
Old 06-07-15, 03:01 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

did some random stuff today. took the rear seats out because they're pointless, i use them for throwing random crap in the trunk anyways, i'm gonna build a lid out of something so that it wouldn't be so bare, probably fiberglass or idk, i'll figure something out. took out all the stuff that's not needed anymore, filled up coolant i was a little low on, and painted the lettering on my tires, wish it was a little bigger, maybe next set of tires will be bigger, speaking of tires, next set is gonna be some fat ones, i'm thinking 275 all around, gonna roll and pull fenders, should look decent. planning to do the timing belt in july, i should be working fulltime by then and it will be easier to take off a day from work so i have 3 days on the weekend to do it, since i've never done it so wanna give myself lots of time. gotta find a better way to peel the plastidip off the wheels in the tight areas. then fix the wheels and paint them.

EDIT: forgot about the hole, one of the rubber grommets just popped out so i have that huge hole there lol, i just duct taped it for now since i didn't have any fiberglass or something to seal it with, will probably get a welder by then and weld it, when i peeled the carpet back it was all wet underneath so i must have more of these holes leaking, gonna be a lot of welding this summer to cover it all up.

Last edited by oldManTan; 06-07-15 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 10:50 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

got the climate control all done, redid my needles and connected the 2 together in my car!!! can't wait to see how it looks at night.
i was waiting on the PLCC2 LEDs for the top button lights

then got the needles done

gonna have to rebalance the small ones again, they're a bit off

here's how the leads are on the big needle, small needle just has one less power and ground

all hooked up in the car
Old 06-11-15, 11:35 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good....needles and dash came out nice

You look like me now...without back seats.....
Old 06-11-15, 04:03 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Looks good....needles and dash came out nice

You look like me now...without back seats.....
yea they were so pointless for me lol. now gotta dynamat them, it's so freakin loud lol.
Old 06-11-15, 05:53 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
gotta find a better way to peel the plastidip off the wheels in the tight areas. then fix the wheels and paint them.
I had plasti dip on some wheels. I used Citristrip and power washer. Just lay it on there nice and thick, and let it sit for as long as you can, then lay some more on if you want. Then hit it with a power washer. Comes right off. It even peels off pretty easy after all of that in case you don't have a power washer
Old 06-11-15, 07:40 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
yea they were so pointless for me lol. now gotta dynamat them, it's so freakin loud lol.
Yes it is you can really hear the fuel pump.......but its all good cause RACECAR
Old 06-12-15, 11:28 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Yes it is you can really hear the fuel pump.......but its all good cause RACECAR
is that what the hissing sound is? i have this constant hissing sound when i'm driving, when i stop it goes away though. really annoying lol, can't wait to dynamat the hell out of the back seat and cover it in who knows what.

first i gotta change my oil, been going on this mobil 1 synthetic for over 6k miles lol. gonna do seafoam and motor flush, cycle some spare oil through twice, then doing amsoil with a purolator PSL10241. gonna take out the AC pump and change the belt to a smaller gatorback as well. should get some sweet MPGs lol. if i have time gonna pull the ABS block as well and try relocating the cruise control to that corner, that would be sweet i think.
Old 06-29-15, 04:55 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

finally got the AC pump out! and changed to a shorter belt, no more squeaking. looks like oil changes will be an absolute breeze now because of how exposed the filter is.
next up will be the ABS block, hopefully this weekend, battery relocate later on when i find an E46 Power cable, and then valve cover gaskets cz i think that's where i'm getting a leak from.
my phone broke so no more nice pictures, just crappy ones

look at all that room!

super blurry
Old 07-02-15, 12:06 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I´m glad that you´ve kept your lady despite the engine problems last year! Too much work and love put in to SCindy, to let her go, right? You mentioned earlier in the thread that you where planning to plasti dip her. Are you still in for it, or have you changed your plans? Curious to see how the result would be.
Old 07-02-15, 05:54 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lettut
I´m glad that you´ve kept your lady despite the engine problems last year! Too much work and love put in to SCindy, to let her go, right? You mentioned earlier in the thread that you where planning to plasti dip her. Are you still in for it, or have you changed your plans? Curious to see how the result would be.
yea i decided to simply paint it white and get it over with. got a lot of body work to do, just wanna do it right and then maybe someday i'll dip it, who knows.
Old 07-06-15, 05:44 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't do plasti-dip, only reason I say this is because to do it right you have to layer it thick in order to remove it easily, plus it gets everywhere, is a pain to keep clean, and worst of all if you accidentally peel it while trying to wipe some dirt off it it's annoying to repair..Just my two cents. I've been dealing with a lot of people hiding body damage and bondo, and half @$$ redone wheels that are covered with plasti dip, it's becoming quite the disease in my neck of the woods.
Old 07-06-15, 07:57 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyke
Please don't do plasti-dip, only reason I say this is because to do it right you have to layer it thick in order to remove it easily, plus it gets everywhere, is a pain to keep clean, and worst of all if you accidentally peel it while trying to wipe some dirt off it it's annoying to repair..Just my two cents. I've been dealing with a lot of people hiding body damage and bondo, and half @$$ redone wheels that are covered with plasti dip, it's becoming quite the disease in my neck of the woods.
just because your neck of the woods can't plastidip doesn't mean i can't either lol. i've done plastidip on parts of cars and it always turned out great, was low maintenance and removal was a breeze. i've only had positive experiences with it and probably once i paint my car white i'll plastidip it afterwards when i get bored of white.
Old 07-27-15, 06:17 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

finally got the ABS block out, only hard part was getting the unneeded lines out and then routing the correct lines, cz it's really hard to tell if you don't mark them before hand, and my ABS block the cast writing was nearly rubbed off, i have no idea how???
here's some blurry phone pics cz my better phone broke
Name:  IMG_20150726_141236.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  257.4 KB

so clutter free, and leaking oil (valve cover gaskets need to be done)
Name:  IMG_20150726_141229.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  252.4 KB

oh yea, corolla Ts and hardlines everywhere! i have no idea how to organize these...
Name:  IMG_20150726_141221.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  268.4 KB

hopefully i'll get the timing belt done soon, that's the most major thing i'm looking forward too
Old 09-09-15, 08:31 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

wow i haven't updated in ages, totally forgot, done a few things, nothing too drastic.
my interior lighting is almost done, got the RGB LEDs installed almost everywhere, just the shifter and window switches left to do.
Name:  DSC_1336.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  201.1 KB
Name:  DSC_1337.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  234.1 KB
Name:  DSC_1339.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  204.0 KB

cleaned out all this dirt from inside the wheel wells and took the liners off, they were just rubbing and getting shredded up anyways

Name:  DSC_1347.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  633.6 KB
Name:  DSC_1349.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  441.2 KB

installed a 10" sub in the stock location

Name:  DSC_1354.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  164.4 KB

tried running a E46 power cable to relocate the battery, way too short lol, gonna buy some 0 gauge and do it correctly this time, anyone need an E46 power cable lol?

Name:  received_10208026573288529_1.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  127.5 KB

some rick and morty love

Name:  DSC_1362.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  297.6 KB

and here's how she sits now, exactly the same lol, got plans to make my own front bumper, first gotta fix the roof leaking and most of the rust and get it painted for the winter, got all the materials and tools to finish the body work, just need to get off my *** and get it done lol.

Name:  IMG_20150828_140400.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  352.1 KB

EDIT: Forgot to add, my timing belt kit is in, she's at 238k miles now and last belt was done at 99k, not sure if there was one in between that so i'm just gonna get it done, will be installing electric fans at that time as well. my DBA rear rotors are supposed to come in today as well, and i'll be getting some OEM brake pads soon as well. will post a pic of the rotors when i get em.

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 cleaning it up geewwddd