Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Nerium Lexus Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 06:32 PM
hardestysa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerium Lexus Build

Well....Ive just started on my wife's Lexus she earned for free from Nerium. Since she picked out a white is250 AWD model...for her birthday I decided to modify it for her to ensure it doesn't look like anyone else. Since I modify cars for a hobby this was only a 3 day project (so far).

Mods include:
tinted windows (to include windshield at 50%)
powder coated rims
matte vinyl on lower grille to make the ports look bigger
gloss vinyl on hood, roof, and trunk
chrome vinyl (to extend the chrome of the wishbone grille) on hood and trunk
debagged
rebadagged with Nerium logos
custom center caps for rims (done in vinyl)

So far I have about $1200 in mods.

Upcoming mods include:
Wall outlets added (wife like to charge computer or use straight iron during trips)
night shade tail lights
paint bottom lower back piece by mufflers white
add rear spoiler and vinyl it to match design scheme
add DVD player to AV input and jailbreak so I can watch movies while driving

Old 05-08-14, 06:39 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks sick! Not my cup of tea but it does look cool
Old 05-08-14, 07:04 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Not really my style...

Good luck

Last edited by aTeAse; 09-27-15 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-08-14, 07:11 PM
hardestysa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aTeAse
You have a good set of skills sir... but... I hope you'd rediscover and relearn about modifying tasteful looking cars.
wow...starting to see the love I get from Lexus peeps.

I have modded and designed an award winning 2013 ZL1 Camaro, a 2010 RS Camaro, 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Even rebuilt a 2006 SRT4 ACR Neon for a buddy.

Maybe its that I am just used to American Muscle cars...to each their own... either way, she loves and so does everyone who sees it person.
Old 05-08-14, 07:33 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hardestysa
wow...starting to see the love I get from Lexus peeps.

I have modded and designed an award winning 2013 ZL1 Camaro, a 2010 RS Camaro, 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Even rebuilt a 2006 SRT4 ACR Neon for a buddy.

Maybe its that I am just used to American Muscle cars...to each their own... either way, she loves and so does everyone who sees it person.
Just stating my opinion, to each his own

Last edited by aTeAse; 09-27-15 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-08-14, 07:46 PM
hardestysa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Good job, keep up the good work, and keep everyone happy. Disregard my opinion.

Any links/pix to the cars you've done? Do you do suspension/powertrain work? Or is it pure cosmetics?
ZL1 Camaro build "ZBlues"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300432
Nerium Lexus Build-946949_10200418413196561_198888495_n.jpg

2010 Camaro RS Build - "Bad Vibe"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149426
Nerium Lexus Build-388462_2562683740057_2024362061_n.jpg

2010 Challenger SRT8
Nerium Lexus Build-1619192_10202256155178962_356387900_n.jpg

I am cool with constructive criticism.. was just showing the inexpensive way I made my wife's car different than others without spending the "Thousands" I did on my cars before. Maybe I came off wrong. Either way, I just love to mod cars.. I like to take something normal and make it stand out.."even if the person doesn't like it, they do notice it." lol

Not all my mods are cosmetic... have done suspension, exhaust, performance and many cosmetic mods to cars. Its a hobby of mine.

Last edited by hardestysa; 05-08-14 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-08-14, 08:03 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I have to say, those cars look pretty good.

I think i'm just not a fan of dual tone hoods. But looks great on these cars.
Old 05-08-14, 09:58 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

What the heck is nerium and how was a Lexus earned for free?
Old 05-09-14, 12:25 AM
Exeon
Driver School Candidate

Not a fan of the two-tone hood and trunk. Makes it look cheap and ricey
Old 05-09-14, 01:32 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah never been a fan of two toned as well. I can see where you're coming from OP. Been in the American muscle car game for too long. Looks great on those muscle cars though. Definitely a headturner on any car
Old 05-12-14, 04:54 AM
hardestysa
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Thanks for the Support

Okay....so I have been thru almost every build thread on here and here is what I saw.

Not a negative comment to any of these builds except mine. I think that some the builds on here are ridiculous, seriously tacky, and way "RICER" looking. The difference is...I didn't make ANY negative comment towards them. But for some reason, the first comments I received with this group I get slammed....Thank you for that.

I mean some of these builds are just somebody getting a stock lexus and got the windows tinted and you are like "Looks great"... PS... I am not the only who has done a split hood on here yet there were no negative comments (or anyones personal opinion) on that persons thread about it. Pretty sure I saw a SEMA CT with a split hood also....don't remember seeing any negative comments about that thing either.

Or someone drops oversized wheels then lowers it 3" inches and you all go nuts. This has really let me know the kind of pretentious ****** I am dealing with in this group.

I wanted to come to this group because I love cars...I love making them look different, and I like to get ideas and support others on their builds...its their designs, their love for their car. But what I got from this group was being judged. No wonder I stick to muscle cars, we all support each other.

So you have done a great job ClubLexus of letting a new member feel welcomed. Because of that, I am leaving this group. I dont support slamming on other peoples stuff. It wasn't even constructive criticism...it was just rude (FYI...I saw ZERO such comments on any other persons lexus build). I apologize that I did not slam it to the ground and put 20" wheels on that rub against the fenders before I posted my wifes car (which I will not be doing).

Please note, I have not posted a negative comment on any of the builds that I saw going thru your thread. I also did not give my negative personal opinion about what I THOUGHT either. I also did not tell anyone on this group that they should "relearn how to modify tasteful looking cars" even when I saw some of the builds on here that there mods anything but Tasteful.

So later ClubLexus...you can keep your community of negative and pretentious owners.

You may not have liked the Lexus I built, but the personal attacks were not needed (considering I saw no such comments on any other threads)... Thanks guys, it was....ummmm.... awesome.
Old 05-12-14, 06:44 AM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hardestysa
Okay....so I have been thru almost every build thread on here and here is what I saw.

Not a negative comment to any of these builds except mine. I think that some the builds on here are ridiculous, seriously tacky, and way "RICER" looking. The difference is...I didn't make ANY negative comment towards them. But for some reason, the first comments I received with this group I get slammed....Thank you for that.

I mean some of these builds are just somebody getting a stock lexus and got the windows tinted and you are like "Looks great"... PS... I am not the only who has done a split hood on here yet there were no negative comments (or anyones personal opinion) on that persons thread about it. Pretty sure I saw a SEMA CT with a split hood also....don't remember seeing any negative comments about that thing either.

Or someone drops oversized wheels then lowers it 3" inches and you all go nuts. This has really let me know the kind of pretentious ****** I am dealing with in this group.

I wanted to come to this group because I love cars...I love making them look different, and I like to get ideas and support others on their builds...its their designs, their love for their car. But what I got from this group was being judged. No wonder I stick to muscle cars, we all support each other.

So you have done a great job ClubLexus of letting a new member feel welcomed. Because of that, I am leaving this group. I dont support slamming on other peoples stuff. It wasn't even constructive criticism...it was just rude (FYI...I saw ZERO such comments on any other persons lexus build). I apologize that I did not slam it to the ground and put 20" wheels on that rub against the fenders before I posted my wifes car (which I will not be doing).

Please note, I have not posted a negative comment on any of the builds that I saw going thru your thread. I also did not give my negative personal opinion about what I THOUGHT either. I also did not tell anyone on this group that they should "relearn how to modify tasteful looking cars" even when I saw some of the builds on here that there mods anything but Tasteful.

So later ClubLexus...you can keep your community of negative and pretentious owners.

You may not have liked the Lexus I built, but the personal attacks were not needed (considering I saw no such comments on any other threads)... Thanks guys, it was....ummmm.... awesome.
No offence but I think you're overreacting just because someone shared opinions about your car. Besides no one ever posted any personal attacks here towards you. Everyone has their standard of a "riced out" vehicle so don't be surprised with people's opinions when you share your build on the internet.

Just because you didn't post any negative comments on anyone's build thread doesn't mean other people won't. I liked what you have done to the muscle cars they look fantastic but like some people, the IS looks unique but it's not my cup of tea.

Feel free to leave the group and don't look back. It's a forum and people are welcomed to share their opinions. If you can't bare anyone's opinions then I guess forums are not for you. Don't think every forums have the same people you would expect from your muscle car forums. Different car brand has different type of crowd.

If you're really a car lover, you wouldn't judge the entire community base on 1 person's opinion. Don't like someone's opinions? Ignore them. Simple.
Old 05-12-14, 10:32 AM
Slplknight
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm..pretty funny. I wanna make my car in the same two-tone style like yours.Only difference is that i want go for black carbon/glace. Since over 6 months i'm looking for pics -now i found yours.
I really don't know if i really should do the hood...i photoshoped it etc..it looks always good for me untill i saw your pics. Please don't get me wrong-i love two tone and i really appriciate your work but to see how my car could look let me right now reconsider.

Sorry for the bad english-i'am from Germany and Lexus here is pretty rare an the streets. A "pimped" even riced is almost unique.

PS-my opinion for the white rims-way too much.
Old 05-12-14, 08:07 PM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, it just doesn't look good on this car...
Old 05-12-14, 08:19 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I like the matte vinyl on the lower grill ports. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Nerium Lexus Build