Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build

Old 06-14-14, 12:41 AM
UseeF20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that -6.5 maxe or can you get more with the megan arms?
Old 06-14-14, 08:11 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah they're not close to being maxed out, not sure exactly how far the max is but theres plenty of thread left in them if you wanted more
Old 06-15-14, 11:59 AM
UseeF20
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! So youre only running the camber/toe arms, plan on getting traction arms.also
Old 06-16-14, 07:02 AM
JSC4
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not sure if this is already mentioned (I mainly looked at OP post and pics ) but the coils you got mustve been the regular BC coilovers. Youre supposed to get the BC "Extreme Low" coilovers. To make it even better, you can use the UCF10 BC "Extreme Low" coilovers for your UCF20 and it will be even lower !!

Nice car btw. Looking for more progress
Old 06-16-14, 09:26 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Originally Posted by UseeF20
Thanks! So youre only running the camber/toe arms, plan on getting traction arms.also
No don't really feel the need to get those since they do nothing for the camber/alignment as far as I know

Originally Posted by JSC4
Im not sure if this is already mentioned (I mainly looked at OP post and pics ) but the coils you got mustve been the regular BC coilovers. Youre supposed to get the BC "Extreme Low" coilovers. To make it even better, you can use the UCF10 BC "Extreme Low" coilovers for your UCF20 and it will be even lower !!

Nice car btw. Looking for more progress
Preciate it! Yea had I known I would've gotten the extreme lows, everything I read about the regular BCs made it seem like I wouldn't have any issues. Oh well maybe this will help the next person out when they're researching coil options for the UCF2x
Old 07-17-14, 08:27 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

No real updates besides changing out all the interior lights to LED. Also this happened, popped my first bead

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-4zxczszl.jpg

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-7fvxlnol.jpg

Didn't really know what caused it until I got a new tire on there, turns out my right rear is losing about 15lbs of air a week. Not sure if its the valve stem or the wheel needs to be rebuilt, always something right? For now I just check it every couple days and top it off.

I also ordered a new set of T-demand RCAs from Central Pine, should be here next week from Japan. Hoping to get -6.5 up front to match the rear

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-pbpbijml.jpg
Old 07-17-14, 12:32 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OO SNAP!!! about the tire and RCA's
Old 07-17-14, 05:14 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

sorry to hear about the tire debeading. that is a result of loss in air pressure for sure. i hate when that happens and with a new tire too. fix that leak!

nice RCAs! keep in mind RCAs bring OUT the wheel to add camber, roughly 5-7mm at the top of your wheel/tire. so if you were close to your front fenders now, it will be even closer with the RCAs on. i found out the hard way. more info and pics explaining this in my studio RCA thread here.
Old 07-18-14, 11:46 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
sorry to hear about the tire debeading. that is a result of loss in air pressure for sure. i hate when that happens and with a new tire too. fix that leak!

nice RCAs! keep in mind RCAs bring OUT the wheel to add camber, roughly 5-7mm at the top of your wheel/tire. so if you were close to your front fenders now, it will be even closer with the RCAs on. i found out the hard way. more info and pics explaining this in my studio RCA thread here.
Do you know if its ok instead of just rebuilding the whole wheel to just run another bead of silicone around the seal? I can't imagine that would cause any adverse effects.

Interesting about the RCA bringing out the top. I'd assume since it added horiz length at the bottom that the top outside corner would stay and pivot vs when you change the camber with plates at the top how the bottom corner would pivot and the top would move in.

When I read about the added track width I thought they were meaning how much the bottom of the wheel would move out compared to stock, dang my tires are pretty much kissing the fender as it is....
Old 08-30-14, 09:55 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Sorry for the lack of updates, ended up getting a new job so I've been busy with that BUT I've done a bunch to the car aswell in the meantime

Biggest thing I did was order some T-Demand NRCAs so I can get more camber up front.

This install ended taking way longer than I anticipated, my tie rods were shot so I went ahead and replaced those. Also to get the tie rod off you have to take the caliper off and I've had a set of rotors and pads sitting since I bought the car a year ago soooo I replaced all that aswell.

Taking Timmy's lead I also ordered some new lower balljoints and with the T-demands you need to grind out a portion of the balljoint to clear the hardware.

Below is the rig I setup to get this accomplished, before I started I scribed out where the material needed to be taken out and put tape around it to keep track whilst gettin my grind on

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-bpybo70l.jpg

Progress pic, you can see I went from both directions. When I got most of the material out of the way I used the grinder in a sweeping fashion to clean it up and make it smooth

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-81afnqcl.jpg

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-jg58jrgl.jpg

After this pic I grabbed a can of the rubber undercoat I had leftover from cutting my towers and sprayed it on there to protect the metal.

Install of the NRCAs was a little tricky, the Beck/Arnley balljoints I bought were a super tight fit with the T-Demands. So much so that to get them on there I had to grind some of the material away from the portion sticking out of the balljoing that aligns it with the knuckle. I also had to be careful screwing them in since it was so tight, if I didn't do it exactly evenly it would bind. The stock LBJs fit fine with no issue so I'm not sure why the tolerance on the aftermarket ones was so off.

Attachment 496334

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-15kprgml.jpg

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-nz0fgoql.jpg

Raised the car up to approimately where it was prior to install since the NRCAs lowered the car 30mm and had the tire sitting on the fender because of the increased track width.

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-emp435yl.jpg

Ordered some 215/40s and got them installed the next weekend, this allowed me to clear the fenders and lower it some more in the front. I also got the windows tinted, went 70% on the front windshield and put a second layer on the existing legal tint since it was still in good condition. Its probably sitting around ~10% which is what I was hoping to get, needless to say its pretty dark.

Got an alignment this morning and they were able to get it to -6 up front!! I was so happy with that since my rears are at -6.5, I finally have some decent camber and my car doesn't look like its takin a **** goin down the road anymore

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-dmvamjrl.jpg

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-ecjftcxl.jpg

First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build-4jd83xvl.jpg

Finishing up my sub install over the weekend (nothin fancy). Eventually I'll get someone to take some half decent pics of my car and I also still have my roof spoiler I need to get painted.....

Last edited by TMAdash1; 08-30-14 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-02-14, 05:49 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

looks good, i ran into small clearance problems with balljoints too but i ran OEM and didn't have to grind anything. that is also due to studio designed the hardware to sit flush inside the NRCA whereas your set sits outside.

aftermarket tolerances are off, as you experienced with the alignment sleeves but it all looks worth it man!
Old 09-12-14, 11:27 PM
UseeF20
Driver School Candidate

Nice! Ill be picking up some studio rca ( used) hoping to get close to -8 upfront.
Old 09-13-14, 07:26 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Thanks guys!!

Nice! Ill be picking up some studio rca ( used) hoping to get close to -8 upfront.
Would LOVE to see how that turns out, definitely keep us updated!
Old 09-13-14, 10:50 PM
UseeF20
Driver School Candidate

If youre on instagram my sn is jdotizon I dont post any updates on forums but I do on my instagram
Old 09-17-14, 03:49 PM
TMAdash1
Rookie

If youre on instagram my sn is jdotizon I dont post any updates on forums but I do on my instagram
Ha I already follow you on IG, small world. If I were you I'd pick up some new hardware if you plan to get used NRCAs, guy on IG just had his used 326 power bolts break.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First foray into LexusWorld, UCF21 build