Matador Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 04:36 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usa5655
awesome work great job!!! love the color
Thank you...it has turned out better than I could imagine...but as you know with any enthusiast I am already thinking about "What's Next"...LOL
Old 07-19-14, 06:26 AM
mrkim
Banned

I am really digging on how the front strut bar is being covered, it really looks factory.

Do you plan on bring your ISF to the track?
Old 07-21-14, 04:15 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrkim
I am really digging on how the front strut bar is being covered, it really looks factory.

Do you plan on bring your ISF to the track?
Thanks and every ISF should have come with one of these from the factory...oh well and I am trying to figure out what to do next...I am kind of torn between tracking it some or 1/2 racing...either way I may need a lighter 19in wheel and MORE POWER...still trying to decide how to do that...next steps???
Old 07-21-14, 04:51 AM
mrkim
Banned

suggestion... get some better wheel betters, and sell those rims for some ADVANS or VOLKS way lighter rims help with unleashing some hp. get some suspension a full coilover system that's race proven. then hate to say it cause I love how they did the covers in the engine bay, but lose the engine covers it gets too hot in there... get a drop in air filter.
Old 07-21-14, 05:43 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

suggestion... get some better wheel betters, and sell those rims for some ADVANS or VOLKS way lighter rims help with unleashing some hp. get some suspension a full coilover system that's race proven. then hate to say it cause I love how they did the covers in the engine bay, but lose the engine covers it gets too hot in there... get a drop in air filter.
Thanks for the suggestions and these are all things I have been thinking of as follows:

1) Been looking at Advan Racing RSD wheels (19 in)

2) Just waiting to pull the trigger on #1 above to get BC Coilovers with swift springs from FIGS. Cannot do that now because with the wheel setup I have I would have issues lowering the car.

3) Yeah on race day I would definetly loose all the engine covers, spare tire, jack, etc...

4) Already have a TOMS drop in filter.

Just trying to decide what I really want to do next before making the leap...right now I am trying to buy a house so my cash is tied up but this winter I plan to start addressing my future plans with the car so it will be ready for next spring...wish me luck!!!
Old 07-21-14, 05:51 AM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by MYISF
Thanks for the suggestions and these are all things I have been thinking of as follows:

1) Been looking at Advan Racing RSD wheels (19 in)

2) Just waiting to pull the trigger on #1 above to get BC Coilovers with swift springs from FIGS. Cannot do that now because with the wheel setup I have I would have issues lowering the car.

3) Yeah on race day I would definetly loose all the engine covers, spare tire, jack, etc...

4) Already have a TOMS drop in filter.

Just trying to decide what I really want to do next before making the leap...right now I am trying to buy a house so my cash is tied up but this winter I plan to start addressing my future plans with the car so it will be ready for next spring...wish me luck!!!
Good luck with your house purchasing... I'm in the same boat kinda... lots of people going with bc and swift... hmmm I've working and in bed with teins suspension the whole bc and swift setup I've tried that on someone else car during track, its meeehhhh to me compared to teins I love the super street more. But thats just me...
Old 07-21-14, 12:27 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Good luck with your house purchasing... I'm in the same boat kinda... lots of people going with bc and swift... hmmm I've working and in bed with teins suspension the whole bc and swift setup I've tried that on someone else car during track, its meeehhhh to me compared to teins I love the super street more. But thats just me...
I hear you...that was just an option just like the Advan wheels...if I get to that point, trust me that I will do a good bit of research before I buy anything but for right now I am digging my CV3 wheels and I love the look and stance of the car as it sits with everything I have done to it so far!

Matador Build-evo_5.jpg
Old 07-21-14, 01:11 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by MYISF
I hear you...that was just an option just like the Advan wheels...if I get to that point, trust me that I will do a good bit of research before I buy anything but for right now I am digging my CV3 wheels and I love the look and stance of the car as it sits with everything I have done to it so far!

Attachment 336671
By the way, I have to ask about that picture... did you stop on the middle of the road to get that shot?

OH forgot along down the road, get tires with better side walls your going to need them anyways... i've had bridgestone blow up on me, the ones on my car nearly blew up, michelins I find their not that grippy. but more bang for the buck my suggestions FALKENS azenis 453 sidewalls are strong, and like the actual azenis it is more meant for street use and track.
Old 07-21-14, 02:09 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

By the way, I have to ask about that picture... did you stop on the middle of the road to get that shot?
LOL...no...I just slowed down to about 30mph and my buddy took it from his car...
Old 07-30-14, 07:03 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

I honestly was never a big fan of the Matador red, but yours just completely changed my mind.

Beautiful ISF with the perfect mods bro keep it up! it looks amazing.

how do you like the sikky headers with the joe z exhaust setup?
Old 07-30-14, 07:32 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Every time I look at this thread I keep wanting to go buy a ISF
Old 09-26-14, 09:04 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Perfect MRM
Old 09-29-14, 01:04 AM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!! Finally saw a modded matador red F!!