Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

viNz86 Ultrasonic Blue IS350 Build Thread..."Project Smurf"

Old 03-25-14, 03:52 PM
viNz86
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink viNz86 Ultrasonic Blue IS350 Build Thread..."Smurfy"...update: march 31, 2014

Hi All!

**It's going to be a long read, but I wanted my build thread to be more of an intro/portfolio. I hope to have help some of you somehow in the near future**

Intro
Well...if you came in here looking for pictures of my USB IS350 you are out of luck. I've been biting my tongue and holding back from making this read, but I couldn't take it anymore!!!

The Order
I placed the order in November 2013 and I have been anxiously waiting for it's arrival. It's currently at sea and should be in my possession at the end of the month...literally the LONGEST week ever.

During my wait, I was told that I may be the first USB RWD to be sold in BC (one of the first in Canada for sure). In fact only 1 RWD (Ultra White) was sold in BC to my knowledge. I suppose due to the weather, AWD is more desirable. This has no relevance but it's nice to be unique for the time being. This is going to be a popular car!

Vehicle Specs
Ultrasonic Blue
IS350 with all bells and whistles
RWD

Gratitude
I would like to give a big thanks to Shaddix for all his help and advice. I hope to meet some of you.

A Little About Me...
I have no experience with Lexus. In fact, I only test drove the AWD version (no RWD available to drive), I didn't even see the colour in person. I was close to purchasing a 1IS or 2IS, but I'm happy I held out. This will be my first automatic car, I am so excited.

My world is Honda's, specifically s2000s (my dream car). I have an s2000 that I have built ground up in my garage for 5+ years that I want to share and served as a good learning tool. I learned how to take it all apart and put it back together, first oil change, and the most complicated achievement was boosting it. I learned how to drive fast on the track and how easy it is to damage.

Here are some pictures.

Bone stock 2007 s2000 the weekend I picked her up

Some track days

New shoes, I may test fit them on the IS

Some working photos, took the interior apart, painted the cage and installed

After a long wait, I was one of the very few to own this bumper besides race cars in Japan...Voltex Circuit

Old engine bay pic + splitter

My girl helping me build my suspension

Recently blessed with the opportunity to be part of Import Tuner a couple months back

Vince

PS. If you have any s2000 questions I am more than happy to answer them.

Last edited by viNz86; 03-31-14 at 11:50 AM. Reason: title change
Old 03-25-14, 03:56 PM
viNz86
Rookie

My first mod.....I'm not sure if I am going to use it, but I requested the dealer to NOT drill into the bumper so I have options. I have plans for the car, but nothing extreme like my s2000.

My next post will be the car itself of course........I swear this week feels longer than the combined 3+ months I have been waiting!

Old 03-25-14, 07:16 PM
w00ht
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curse you and your ability to get USB in Canada! My wife and I both wanted USB, but alas had to settle with ultra white here in the US.
Old 03-26-14, 06:49 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) dang you for being so lucky to be able to order usb!!! U.s.a never gets the cooler stuff.. But hey cant complain over my ultra white on red.

2) that s2000 doeee... Those volks doee... Wow. Beauty!!

3) welcome to club lexus.
Old 03-26-14, 09:00 AM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Congrats on the purchase! Back in December when i ordered my is350 rwd i had the hardest decision to make with the color. I had both the Ultra white and the USB side by side at the lexus underground garage when i trying to decide. Ultimately i settled for the Ultra white because i was in love with the red interior.
In person i must say, even with the low light of the underground storage garage at lexus, that USB color is a thing of beauty!

Ill be picking up mine in about 1.5 weeks from now, i know exactly what your feeling! ahahah
Old 03-26-14, 09:53 AM
viNz86
Rookie

Originally Posted by w00ht
Curse you and your ability to get USB in Canada! My wife and I both wanted USB, but alas had to settle with ultra white here in the US.
Not a bad choice sir. I really wanted the red interior!!

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
1) dang you for being so lucky to be able to order usb!!! U.s.a never gets the cooler stuff.. But hey cant complain over my ultra white on red.

2) that s2000 doeee... Those volks doee... Wow. Beauty!!

3) welcome to club lexus.
Correction: USA always gets the cooler stuff. You guys get all the cool packages and nice headlights

Originally Posted by Gonaddz88
Congrats on the purchase! Back in December when i ordered my is350 rwd i had the hardest decision to make with the color. I had both the Ultra white and the USB side by side at the lexus underground garage when i trying to decide. Ultimately i settled for the Ultra white because i was in love with the red interior.
In person i must say, even with the low light of the underground storage garage at lexus, that USB color is a thing of beauty!

Ill be picking up mine in about 1.5 weeks from now, i know exactly what your feeling! ahahah
I had the same issue, but ultimately went with the USB. I finally got to see USB in person at the dealership. No regrets (phew).

Looks like our cars are on the same boat!!?!?
Old 03-26-14, 09:56 AM
viNz86
Rookie

Just to add more to your message above, were you able to negotiate any of the March (for example) incentives? or did they tell you that you get whatever incentives when you take ownership.

I'm not exactly how it works, my car is scheduled to take delivery in March, but they wouldn't let me negotiate any incentives until it's physically mine. Maybe someone can chime in...I am new to this.
Old 03-26-14, 03:23 PM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Originally Posted by viNz86
Not a bad choice sir. I really wanted the red interior!!

Correction: USA always gets the cooler stuff. You guys get all the cool packages and nice headlights

I had the same issue, but ultimately went with the USB. I finally got to see USB in person at the dealership. No regrets (phew).

Looks like our cars are on the same boat!!?!?
If they are that would be cool, as long as i get mine first lol

Originally Posted by viNz86
Just to add more to your message above, were you able to negotiate any of the March (for example) incentives? or did they tell you that you get whatever incentives when you take ownership.

I'm not exactly how it works, my car is scheduled to take delivery in March, but they wouldn't let me negotiate any incentives until it's physically mine. Maybe someone can chime in...I am new to this.
When i ordered my car they had a "December to remember" sort of promotion going. I was ordering a is350 rwd which was not included in the promotion so i did not receive any type of incentives.
Old 03-27-14, 09:09 AM
Beire
Driver School Candidate

Lol great to see our Stella Artois beer gets exported to you guys. Cheers!
Old 03-27-14, 09:47 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL! I also have a S2K, your build is what makes me want TE37SL's on the S.
Old 03-27-14, 11:37 AM
viNz86
Rookie

If they are that would be cool, as long as i get mine first lol

When i ordered my car they had a "December to remember" sort of promotion going. I was ordering a is350 rwd which was not included in the promotion so i did not receive any type of incentives.
I expect an update when you get your car! I hope we get some good incentives

Originally Posted by Beire
Lol great to see our Stella Artois beer gets exported to you guys. Cheers!
I love your beer! I even joined the Stella Artois club "La Societe" haha

Originally Posted by pocky
Welcome to CL! I also have a S2K, your build is what makes me want TE37SL's on the S.
Sweet! Can you show me some pics? I believe another 3IS member has an s2000 as well...just from looking at his/her username.
Old 03-27-14, 12:34 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

haha we follow each other on IG....i know i have seen that s2k before
Old 03-28-14, 02:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Congrats to your car and it's about time I won't be lonely here any longer. USB is a head turner for sure and I'm looking forward to see what you do to your IS.
Old 03-29-14, 09:09 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Sexy s2k, i've always wanted one! Excited to see what you have ready for your 3is!
Old 03-29-14, 09:34 AM
xpandabl3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! I also used to live in Vancouver and i think I have seen your S2K before. Have u been to RevScene meet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: viNz86 Ultrasonic Blue IS350 Build Thread..."Project Smurf"