Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The Albatross Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 01:50 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like he nailed it. Glad it all worked out. Now to set up a day for some rolling video's
Old 10-29-14, 02:04 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah let me know when you got time. I found a little scratch on the back right fender once I got home but I buffed most of it out. you gotta be closer and look for it now.

I'll definitely use him when I get more work done cause im sure that was just whoever washed it not being careful.
Old 10-29-14, 03:33 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Albatross
Yeah let me know when you got time. I found a little scratch on the back right fender once I got home but I buffed most of it out. you gotta be closer and look for it now.

I'll definitely use him when I get more work done cause im sure that was just whoever washed it not being careful.
Ill let him know just to give him a heads up about the scratch. But his finished product is exactly why him and his dad are the only people I would trust with anything paint/body related.

I ordered my 102mm throttle body today, and the new wheels will be in tomorrow, so I may have some time this weekend. May go grab a new GoPro to finally replace my old one. Ill keep you posted
Old 10-29-14, 06:47 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

oh heck yes. that sucker is gonna fly once she's tuned. it was quick but i could just feel it being held back by that TB and tune.
Old 11-01-14, 04:30 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

So I got some stuff.

Installed a supra radiator.

which needed an external trans cooler.

which meant running the lines like this.

and some stainless brake lines (preventative maintenance).

Old 11-04-14, 02:31 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, gotta love it when you can justify modifications as preventative maintenance
Old 11-06-14, 03:42 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the updates coming
Old 11-10-14, 02:25 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is gorgeous a part of me makes me want to buy a SC again : )
Old 11-15-14, 01:05 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Finally figured out I had a distributor and water pipe o ring leak. its good to just do these around 100K anyhow at the same time. It was super easy (the water pipe is right behind the dizzy).

marks i made for easy reference.

when you pull it out just line up the marks and stab the dizzy until you get them right. it took a few tries but i didn't have to set my timing or anything.

now 2 fewer leaks and a cleaner engine bay.

Last edited by Albatross; 01-19-15 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-23-14, 09:03 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

With the eibach springs and supra struts the front suspension just didn't have the travel it needed. With the eibachs the ride improved over the megan racing coilovers but its so low the tires tucked just a hair, hence the lack of travel and slight rubing. so, I made some quarter inch spacers for the front out of aluminum.

problem solved

here is the spacer i made for the rear.

after doing this i learned that rally guys do this ALL the time. they even use HDPE (high density polyeurethane) and longer strut bolts.

Just remember that due to the angle of the struts adding 1/4" of spacer doesn't work out to 1/4" of lift, its more like 3/8" to 1/2" at the fender. 1/4" is all you can do up front with the stock studs, while the rears can have like half an inch without issue.

I'm thinking of adding another 1/8" in the rear just to get a little more travel and some more camber adjustability back there. Its not VIP slammed but the car is comfortable AND handles even better now that the front suspension can actually do its job.
Old 12-28-14, 07:24 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Well its christmas vacation so that means the car can be in pieces for a while. That also means its time to fix some rattles. IT HAS BEGUN!

This is my first attempt at fixing the driver's side door control area. it was old and cracked so I stacked some quarter inch MDF layered with liquid nail then clamped all of it together. Its been sitting for about 20 hours. hopefully this pans out.

These are pieces of aluminum to reinforce the bottom of the doors which also cracks due to age.

Like this

This is how I'm attempting to fix the passenger side cracked window trim (And prevent the driver's side from doing the same). Its a bit of angle iron and I filled the channel with liquid nail.

The center vents were cracked and fell apart while trying to remove them.

Consequently I decided to make my own using some hotrod AC vents. Still deciding ont he look but I'm leaning towards this:

Old 12-28-14, 08:37 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What reinforcements did you make for the middle (arm rest area) of the door panel because that seems to be the weakest point due to heavy *** door
Old 12-28-14, 10:24 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

I'm still deciding. I may rivet some aluminum to the tabs and add a pice of angle iron to the door panel. we'll see how much the mdf helps to stop the flex of the panel.

I'll post more pics when I decide. I've also pretty much come to the conclusion I need to make a piece to connect the front 2 screw holes on the door panel.
I'm leaving all of the aluminum pieces raw on account of I think it'll look kinda cool.
Old 12-29-14, 12:04 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Instead of washers I made this little bracket to sandwich the door since the screw holes are broken.

close up of the bracket. It is very secure.

water damage because some retard deleted the plastic sheeting between the door and the panel. trying to fix it.

didn't get perfect but its pretty close.
Old 12-29-14, 12:21 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Some nice attention to detail...

Quick Reply: The Albatross Build Thread