Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 08:51 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build

Hey everybody i finally found a 1jzgte for a soarer and bought it! :-) I got it from JDM New York and went to see it in Jamaica Queens, NY before I bought it for $1622 including shipping and tax. Ill review the car real quick (full thread + pics here > https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-re-build.html ) I purchased this car already NA-T automatic! I bought her from a member on here named chizz95. Had 94500 miles, been in a front end accident in 99 and had some rear end damage in 10 but has clean title. Vertex bodykit and whole car re-sprayed BASF custom dark grey. Bought 19x9.5 +15 offset Avid 1 AV10 wheels (Work Emotion Reps) on Nankang NS20 235/35R19 with nice stretch. It had a budget Ebay turbo kit basically. Ebay GSP Godspeed T70, ebay mani, wastegate and JDM Sport intercooler. Custom exhaust and AEM wideband. No-name good sized radiator with electric fan and ATF cooler. Its got a Walbro 255 and Osidetiger rebuilt 660cc inj. TT 1.3mm headgasket and ARP head studs. It has a MAF delete and is running an old HKS VPC with MKIII 550 chip and APEXi SAFC II.

I basically tried to upgrade the blown eBay T70 turbo with a Borg Warner S366 66mm divided housing T4 .91 Ar and new PTP Turbo Blanket and had it converted back to MAF using a LS400 MAF with the SAFC II for fuel tuning for now til I straighten the rest of the car out and get a stand alone or attempt the TT ECU mod.

It DIDNT work,the AFs were still all over the place and the engine was hesitating because the ECU was confused as to what to do with boost. Long story short I blew either the head gasket or rings or something like that and loss compression in 3 cylinders.

Heres a pic and a video before it blew up lol
http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Se...C3NAT.mp4.html

SO NOW after much thought I ended up buying a 1jzgte and have been rebuilding it. They did the compression test in front of me and everything was over 200psi it was a semi dry test they squirted a little bit of tranny fluid in the cyls to get straight to the rings. It came with a custom 3in downpipe, aftermarket fuel pressure regulator (looks old), and tranny was painted for some reason. Looking at the engine harness i think it had gauges and possible some kinda boost controller. Anyways I'm doing a full service on it and painting some parts. Im doing a 2jzgte waterpump deleting the hydrofan, timing belt, tbelt tensioner, tstat, f+r main seals, cam seals, valve cover gasket, resealing the pan, intake mani gaskets, oil change obviously, upgraded oil filter, tranny flush prolly other stuff too im forgetting. I thought about doing a oil pump but i dont really hear that you need to or its necessary. Any opinions on that or anything else i should do when the motors out? Anyways enjoy the pics.

Anyone read japanese?

Old 03-11-14, 10:23 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great start, slap that BW over to the 1J
Old 03-11-14, 03:19 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Great start, slap that BW over to the 1J
Thanks tabaka...unfortunately I needed money so I sold the whole NA-T setup off of the car so I will be running stock twins for awhile. The turbos actually look and feel healthy on the 1j.

Oh and i forgot to mention, I was thinking about having the harness redone by this guy in Florida someone recommended to me. I called the guy and spoke with him about it. He said I could send him my stock SC300 harness and the 1JZ soarer harness and he would combine them, extend it, replace all the connectors, put shielding on it and loom it all up then label the connections for $650 through paypal. Is this a good price? Should I be sketched out about sending my harnesses and $650 paypal'd to some dude in Florida? Is there a better option for around that price? Heres some of the pics he sent me.
Attached Thumbnails 93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-2012-08-18_14-58-14_633.jpg   93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-2012-08-21_16-36-50_899.jpg   93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-imag0898.jpg   93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-imag1198.jpg   93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-imag1271.jpg  

Old 03-11-14, 03:51 PM
tjwashow
Rookie

that looks sexy for 650
Old 03-11-14, 04:04 PM
Marckussb
Driver School Candidate

Does the guy have a shop? I feel like that's a lot to merge harnesses, but then again I'm new to the 1JZ and am used to 240sx prices. Heh.

I'd make sure to write up a contract with terms on time allotment, shipping and not only some type of warranty but a workmanship guarantee to insure that it not only fuctions, but you are happy with the product aesthetically as well.

Good luck with your build!
Old 03-11-14, 05:02 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^actually that's pretty cheap, merging the wires, new connectors, etc...it's time consuming. There's a few members here who got the harness conversion down to a science! gerrb, has a very detailed thread up here-check it out when you get a chance? If you end up pulling the trigger with the guy in FL, keep us posted.

And Marckussb said it best. Contract terms.

steve
Old 03-11-14, 05:51 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

SO I was thinking about it and then I remembered there was another place I wanted to check out. Its this place who posted a video on youtube of them bench starting a 1jzgte vvti and in the video said they do wiring.
They're called ZFever also out of Florida and they wanted $750 for a 1JZ to SC300 harness. Seems a lot safer to me to send it to them looking at there customer cars. Check them out: http://www.zfever.com/v1/Services-Wiring-Harness-Service-1JZGTE/
Opinions?
Old 03-11-14, 08:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Way to start out. Sorry to hear about the 1JZ. Sometimes it is better to spend a few bucks and better parts for the build. Maybe more down time but the end result will be better in the long run. That is a good price. I just extended one for a SC300 and I charged way less than that. That harness I got was junk. Guy had cut it to pieces,but I stuck to my word on how much through text/emails. Good luck on your choice.
Old 03-12-14, 06:08 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Way to start out. Sorry to hear about the 1JZ. Sometimes it is better to spend a few bucks and better parts for the build. Maybe more down time but the end result will be better in the long run. That is a good price. I just extended one for a SC300 and I charged way less than that. That harness I got was junk. Guy had cut it to pieces,but I stuck to my word on how much through text/emails. Good luck on your choice.
Thanks bro I'm still on a budget but I'm trying to do everything I can while the engines out. What is your opinion on changing the oil pump? I heard it was a pain and it's not exactly cheap either. Also i want to take off the turbos while the engine is out of the car because eventually I want to go single and I want to make sure the bolts aren't seized. Any tips on how to make the stock twins easier to take out once they're in the car down the road?

And about the harness...I called Z fever and they said it's 750 but they don't provide new connectors and they don't label them. Also he said if I want him to extend the harness it's 300 extra. That's 1050 for a harness not including shipping. I might just take my chances with this other guy in Florida that I first talked to...650 isn't that bad. 1JZPWRD do you do harnesses too? Or was that just a one time thing? I'm still a little confused as to what exactly has to be changed on the 1jz harness to directly plug into my sc300s body plugs etc...
Old 03-12-14, 06:53 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The 1jz harness should be almost plug and play. If you are using another type of management system then make sure you have the patch harness. It will make things alot easier. If you plan on using the stock 1jzgte ecu then I can still extend the harness for you. There are few things that still has to be extended besides the ecu plugs,like the heater control valve, map sensor,and power steering plug. I don't have any new plugs and also will not label them. The harness plugs will only go in way, there should be no reason to label them. I can inspect the entire harness for you and extend the 108 wires to the ecu by 18 inches. PM me for further.

The stock twins are a pain to take out while the motor is in. It is doable but of course much easier while the car is out. Might be a good idea to do a single now if the funds allowed. For seized bolts/nuts, just use some PB Blaster and allow to penetrate. Works great. Lmk about the harness.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-14, 07:59 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
The 1jz harness should be almost plug and play. If you are using another type of management system then make sure you have the patch harness. It will make things alot easier. If you plan on using the stock 1jzgte ecu then I can still extend the harness for you. There are few things that still has to be extended besides the ecu plugs,like the heater control valve, map sensor,and power steering plug. I don't have any new plugs and also will not label them. The harness plugs will only go in way, there should be no reason to label them. I can inspect the entire harness for you and extend the 108 wires to the ecu by 18 inches. PM me for further.

The stock twins are a pain to take out while the motor is in. It is doable but of course much easier while the car is out. Might be a good idea to do a single now if the funds allowed. For seized bolts/nuts, just use some PB Blaster and allow to penetrate. Works great. Lmk about the harness.

Thanks.
Thanks for all the info. I am using the stock ecu and actually just had it sent to drift motion for the capacitor replacement. I have a spare sc300 harness and I could take the one off of my car now if needed. By the looks of it the 1jz has a lot of different connectors than the NA 2jzge harness. I know the ecu plugs are different than a GE but I was under the impression that the body plugs were the same. They don't look it...maybe you could clarify which ones are the body plugs?

I took some pictures of both the spare SC harness and the 1jz harness but I'm only gonna post the 1jz harness for now. I took pictures of all the damaged plugs or cut wires I found. There are also a lot of the thicker gauge black wires which seem like grounds are cut. Oh and as you can see in the pics someone spliced into the harness for something not quite sure exactly what they had installed.

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225320.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225337.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225510.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225415.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225540.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225641.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225710.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225733.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225752.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225818.png

93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225844.png
Attached Thumbnails 93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build-forumrunner_20140312_225402.png  
Old 03-13-14, 08:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Good gosh what a mess. I could might fix you up. PM me for further.
Old 03-14-14, 03:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

whats the name of guy /shop in fl for the 650 .. i might can give a vouch
Old 04-01-14, 08:19 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Default Update

Ok so ive been sick until this weekend so I havent gotten a whole lot done. Ive been experimenting with hydrographics and I am going to try to do my valve covers and timing covers soon hopefully they come out dope. That stuff is tricky to work with! Ill post a pic of my paintball gun i tested. Came out ok not perfect.

So i cleaned the motor as best as i could with degreaser and started ripping apart the motor. I bought a harmonic balancer puller and started on the front of the motor to get the timing belt and finally down to the oil pump. I ordered a 2jz oil pump which apparently has a slightly higher capacity then the 1jz unit. I work at a shop so I get a wicked deal on parts and got the toyota 2jzgte oil pump for $160 and a timing belt tensioner for like $60. The engine is pretty much broken down to the block. Im gonna clean everything some more paint stuff and its goin back together ASAP! I still gotta pull out the 2j out of my car also...then after the 1jz is in im gonna tow the car an hour away to Wiring Specialties to have them do the wiring. Theyre gonna sell me a whole new wiring harness and tuck it and get the car running for about a grand. Sounds pretty fair. What you guys think?

Old 07-21-14, 10:19 PM
SC3NAT
Rookie

Exclamation Big update!

Ok sorry to everyone for not staying on top of updating this thread...anyways I spent maybe a little too much time painting and hydrodipping ***** on my engine...anddd also took my sweet *** time installing the new parts. I prepped the whole block as well as a ton of other ***** for paint and cleaning blah blah blah. I did new timing belt, w pump, tensioner, oil pump, some of the cheaper sensors....the list goes on... I did almost all the seals, gaskets, lines etc. I could go into more detail but I dont wanna make a huge list. I ran into a stripped bolt in the pan but I drilled and tapped it to a bigger bolt and also somehow my dumbass broke off the oil sender in the block so I welded it shut and relocated it with the union bolt from a is300. Pulled the old motor out of the sc with a few friends and used some parts off of the GE motor (oil pan, pulleys, some misc bolts). Then I cleaned the whole bay with a pressure washer and hand washed it with rags. Decided not to paint it now since I spent so much time on the engine.

Anyways...the engine is very close to being done but I still need help doing the vacuum lines as well as the other lines and what not. Ok now ANYWAYS about the Wiring! After much thought I decided to have wiring specialties in conneticuit do my wiring harness for 1000 installed but when I contacted the kid I know he said they didnt have time to do it and I should just wait for the universal 1jz harness to come out in a few months...so I pretty much said *** that and called up Tweak'd Performance out of SC who im sure some of you know is a reputable wiring shop that does all kinds of crazy stuff but who have most importantly a direct plug and play 1jz to sc300 harness. Yes it did cost me about $1300 including shipping but its p&p and freshy fresh new out tha boxxxx. On top of this I sent my cluster and climate control to another company called Tanin Electronix to do the custom lighting and fix my speedo issue. So in a few days I should be receiving both my harness and cluster/climate control and the 1J is about 90% ready to go in, Im just having a hell of a time figuring out the vac routing, Ive looked at all the diagrams people post but its just not helping that much. Anyone have any tips? Oh and I bought a few goodies for the swap but ill let you pic them out in the pictures....any help with the vac lines would be super awesome!

Last edited by SC3NAT; 07-22-14 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 93 sc300 na-t to 1jz build