Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1IS owner vehicles

Moved to the UAE for work, building another IS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 10:31 PM
harlockssx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moved to the UAE for work, building another IS300

I moved to Abu Dhabi in 2012 from the US, for a new job. I left my 2002 red IS300 in storage, and have been satisfying my need for speed with a modded 2011 Mustang GT (manual trans), but felt the need for a second car to keep the mileage low, and more comfort, due to my road race suspension. I decided to find a nice modded IS300 here, but every one I looked at was poorly built, with cut corners, and garbage parts. I knew I'd have to do it myself if I wanted it done to my satisfaction...so, I recently picked up a 2001 diamond White Pearl IS300 that was just imported here. It was completely stock, with no modifications whatsoever. My hunting for cars put me in touch with most of the people who wheel & deal parts for them, and I lucked into meeting a guy who parted out JDM Altezzas.

Here's the IS when I first got it.

Here's 2 weeks later, haha!

I also picked up this to swap in...

Right now I'm waiting on my swap parts to arrive, to begin the upgrade process. Koyo radiator, 340LPH fuel pump, O2 sensor eliminators, intercooler with piping/intake/downpipe for the 2JZ-GTE VVTI Aristo engine swap, valve body upgrade kit, and large external transmission fluid cooler. I think I may have found my tuner, but we need to talk a little more about it, as he likes to use Haltech, and I'm leaning more towards AEM for my computer needs. Either way, we'll get it sorted.

My plans are to run the Aristo motor stock for now, with the OEM sequential twin turbo setup...get everything working well, and later on upgrade to a decent single turbo setup with some larger injectors, but that can wait...I've got some suspension goodies to swap in, and will be picking up some more things bit by bit.
Old 03-08-14, 10:37 PM
harlockssx
Driver School Candidate

I have a pretty clean 2002 IS300 that I left in New Mexico at my place there, while I'm over here. It's mostly a bolt on car, with full suspension, AVS Model 5 wheels, custom 3" exhaust, cold air, and some minor cosmetic upgrades. I had planned to turbocharge it, but looks like I'll be getting my hands dirty with this other one first...

Here's my red one in NM...

Last edited by harlockssx; 03-08-14 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-08-14, 11:12 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

love that L-tuned, but those tail light covers got to go, imho, GL with the build
Old 03-08-14, 11:58 PM
harlockssx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jadu
love that L-tuned, but those tail light covers got to go, imho, GL with the build
Beggers can't be choosers, I HATE the oem tails. That's the one thing Toyota really did wrong, in my opinion. I like the covers, as they're originals, in my exact color, so it was a cheap & easy upgrade. I literally traded even across for them, from a buddy. No one else rocks them here, so I like the unique factor, especially since there are so few first gen IS300's here. They actually get a second gen IS300 here...just like the IS250, but with a GCC (Gulf-spec) 3.0L V-6 engine. The first gens were never sold here, only imported by people like me...

Here's their IS300, so they get confused by mine...

Last edited by harlockssx; 03-09-14 at 12:30 AM.