Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 05:19 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FSinatra
Wow! So clean. Looks like it was made for just that spot. Great work man.
Thanks man! Yeah it fit perfectly I just had to shave a bit of the plastic trim on the inside but I can still revert it if I need to sell the car.

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
looks very OEM
Yeah I love it!

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
thats awesome! I'm just waiting on a couple parts to arrive then ill be putting my suspension on1 hopefully next weekend! i went with springs to start out like you did, so we'll see where it goes from there. Heres what i have laying around waiting for install:
Get it done man! I would like to see the outcome! 👍🏻
Old 06-29-16, 12:09 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
Get it done man! I would like to see the outcome! 👍🏻
i got it done, i tried to go a cheaper route with the LCA bushings and they sent me the wrong bushings so i just decided to go with FIGS instead. waiting on those to arrive, and a new set of front rotors because they sent me the RWD rotors then everything will be done suspension wise. i think they put my springs on backwards though. i was supposed to have a 2" drop up front and 1.75' in the back but I've got a 1" drop in the front and 2" in the back. I'm sitting 1.5" lower in the rear than i am up front now, it was only a .5" difference when stock. i don't want to hijack your thread so you can pop on over to my build thread if you want to check it all out. http://https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/826195-fortune-gs-build.html#PhotoSwipe1467208583507

Last edited by FortuneLS; 06-29-16 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-04-16, 12:04 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

i got it done, i tried to go a cheaper route with the LCA bushings and they sent me the wrong bushings so i just decided to go with FIGS instead. waiting on those to arrive, and a new set of front rotors because they sent me the RWD rotors then everything will be done suspension wise. i think they put my springs on backwards though. i was supposed to have a 2" drop up front and 1.75' in the back but I've got a 1" drop in the front and 2" in the back. I'm sitting 1.5" lower in the rear than i am up front now, it was only a .5" difference when stock. i don't want to hijack your thread so you can pop on over to my build thread if you want to check it all out. http://https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/826195-fortune-gs-build.html#PhotoSwipe1467208583507
It's all good you're not hijacking my thread lol. Well there are a few things you need to take account for before we justify them being put on backwards:

Just to make sure you do know the rear fenders sit lower than the front fenders so it give it the illusion the rear is lower (I only say this because it looks even to me in your pictures). So did you measure it by the fender?

Are they brand new springs? They need to settle/break in before they completely give you your full drop

Check the part numbers on the spring to make sure if they were put on correctly.

If everything checks out and the springs are sitting lower in one area of the car use some spring spacers.

As for the bushings, which ones did you order?
Old 07-04-16, 01:24 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

It's all good you're not hijacking my thread lol. Well there are a few things you need to take account for before we justify them being put on backwards:

Just to make sure you do know the rear fenders sit lower than the front fenders so it give it the illusion the rear is lower (I only say this because it looks even to me in your pictures). So did you measure it by the fender?

Are they brand new springs? They need to settle/break in before they completely give you your full drop

Check the part numbers on the spring to make sure if they were put on correctly.

If everything checks out and the springs are sitting lower in one area of the car use some spring spacers.

As for the bushings, which ones did you order?
Yeah i know they need to settle a little, but i did measure to the center of the fender. I started off stock at 27.5" in the front, and 27" in the rear. After the drop im at 26.5" in the front and 25" on the right rear and 24.5 at the left rear. Thats why i think theyre put on backwards.

It definitely sits uneven. I might end up going with coils sooner than later... Just figured id try springs again.

The bushings i originally ordered were PSB bushings. They were $35 for the #1 and $45 for the #2 front LCA bushings.

I ended up ordering some new bushings, i went with the same Figs you got. i got the front #1 and rear #2 bushings for the front LCA though, i cant remember if you got both or just the rear #2 for the front LCA.
Old 07-04-16, 03:42 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Yeah i know they need to settle a little, but i did measure to the center of the fender. I started off stock at 27.5" in the front, and 27" in the rear. After the drop im at 26.5" in the front and 25" on the right rear and 24.5 at the left rear. Thats why i think theyre put on backwards.

It definitely sits uneven. I might end up going with coils sooner than later... Just figured id try springs again.

The bushings i originally ordered were PSB bushings. They were $35 for the #1 and $45 for the #2 front LCA bushings.

I ended up ordering some new bushings, i went with the same Figs you got. i got the front #1 and rear #2 bushings for the front LCA though, i cant remember if you got both or just the rear #2 for the front LCA.
I just got the front bushings.

Your shocks aren't blown or anything right? It will definitely cause it to be uneven if they are.

Yeah I couldn't use springs with the awd model so that's why I did coils not too long after then bags
Old 07-04-16, 04:31 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

I just got the front bushings.

Your shocks aren't blown or anything right? It will definitely cause it to be uneven if they are.

Yeah I couldn't use springs with the awd model so that's why I did coils not too long after then bags
did you get the #1 and #2 bushings for the front LCAs? there are 2 bushings for the front LCA, i got both.

i don't think my shocks are blown, they don't fee, look or sound like it, but the car has 86k on it and i doubt they've ever been replaced so they are probably due.
Old 07-04-16, 04:40 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

did you get the #1 and #2 bushings for the front LCAs? there are 2 bushings for the front LCA, i got both.

i don't think my shocks are blown, they don't fee, look or sound like it, but the car has 86k on it and i doubt they've ever been replaced so they are probably due.
I think I got #2 only. It's the one that goes in the rear of the LCA. I doubt your shocks would be blown then if it's only 86k
Old 07-04-16, 04:51 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

I think I got #2 only. It's the one that goes in the rear of the LCA. I doubt your shocks would be blown then if it's only 86k
These are the ones i have, they go in tomorrow. The springs are getting swapped around and the front rotors replaced as well. <br >
Old 07-04-16, 05:58 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

These are the ones i have, they go in tomorrow. The springs are getting swapped around and the front rotors replaced as well. <br >
Yeah I have the ones to the right.
Old 07-12-16, 01:11 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

got the bushings installed and the springs reversed, gave me another half inch drop in the front but the rear stayed the same. I'm at 26" in the front and 25" in the rear now, top of fender to ground. i also have a 5/8" lean to the drivers side, meaning i sit 5/8" lower front and rear on the drivers side of the car, I'm thinking some new shocks would help with the lean and probably the squat in the rear end, but at this point I'm just going to go with coils... also they told me the #1 LCA bushings won't fit still, so i just got the #2s installed. the AWD uses the same front LCA as the RWD model doesn't it? if so the bushings should fit so I'm wondering why they can't seem to get them installed.
Old 07-13-16, 10:11 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

got the bushings installed and the springs reversed, gave me another half inch drop in the front but the rear stayed the same. I'm at 26" in the front and 25" in the rear now, top of fender to ground. i also have a 5/8" lean to the drivers side, meaning i sit 5/8" lower front and rear on the drivers side of the car, I'm thinking some new shocks would help with the lean and probably the squat in the rear end, but at this point I'm just going to go with coils... also they told me the #1 LCA bushings won't fit still, so i just got the #2s installed. the AWD uses the same front LCA as the RWD model doesn't it? if so the bushings should fit so I'm wondering why they can't seem to get them installed.
That is something I'm unsure about. It may not be the same size. I don't have those bushings so I couldn't tell you. You may want to contact figs and see if they do. Did it dampen any of your vibrations with the rear LCA bushing?
Old 07-20-16, 08:50 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice looking ride brother
Old 07-20-16, 10:25 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Topshottaz
nice looking ride brother
Thank you sir
Old 07-28-16, 02:27 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

That is something I'm unsure about. It may not be the same size. I don't have those bushings so I couldn't tell you. You may want to contact figs and see if they do. Did it dampen any of your vibrations with the rear LCA bushing?
i can't really tell, i didn't have much vibration to begin with, and with the springs sitting the way they are I'm waiting on the coilers to show up so i can install them and get a real feel for everything. hopefully they'll be here next week, and ill install them next weekend.
Old 08-16-16, 01:59 AM
blakecold1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one mate! I'm really thinking about buying one of these cars but I'm not too sure where to go with it though, what are the common issues with the car (if any) or is there a part that needs regular maintinace? went Servicing Stop with my car the other day and spoke to them and they gave me abit more of an insight on these cars (they know me, been using them for years) but need abit more help.

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build