Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 04:29 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
any idea yet on how your gonna set up the tanks in the trunk?
acutally i do.

im going to place both tanks and management in the wheel well and have a plexi glass that runs through down the middle. its a very simple setup nothing too fancy like others ive seen on here. im not even running hardlines yet. i figure set up everything first then decide later on.
Old 04-02-15, 05:14 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

with my imagination and terrible drawing it would be like this. lol

Old 04-02-15, 01:24 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
with my imagination and terrible drawing it would be like this. lol

nothing fancy?! looks pretty dope. should be a nice turn out
Old 04-02-15, 08:30 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a bad drawing, I can visualize exactly what you're going for. I haven't heard any mention of colored LED lights to dress up those tanks, I'm guessing that you've thought of that already though.. The questions is, what color?
Old 04-03-15, 04:17 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

nothing fancy?! looks pretty dope. should be a nice turn out
maybe if i was going to run hardwood floors and hardlines yeah lol. im running regular air brake lines and just keeping it carpet LOL

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Not a bad drawing, I can visualize exactly what you're going for. I haven't heard any mention of colored LED lights to dress up those tanks, I'm guessing that you've thought of that already though.. The questions is, what color?
yup im going with white LEDs im trying to keep a VIP look as much as possible.

started on it yesterday.

Old 04-06-15, 04:27 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

alright i had a change of mind once i got into digging in the trunk. unfortunately i hat to say it but my tanks will be about 1/3 above the trunk flooring. i can fix this by raising the ground up but im not too sure if i want to do that yet. but here is the update.

here's what it will look like

this is where i mounted my iLevel and where i ran the wiring.

i dont have more pics of my what i finished up with but everything is mounted and wired. ill update more tomorrow morning

i just need to run my lines.
Old 04-06-15, 06:23 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff ^ Look forward to seeing the end product
Old 04-06-15, 11:33 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

i can fix this by raising the ground up
^^this.

imo it'll keep that stealth sleek look while still functioning as a normal trunk.
Old 04-07-15, 05:32 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

ok so i mounted my wiring to the bottom of the board it i must say it its definitely cleaner than before. i wasn't able to take pics but ill post it when i do. i also mounted my compressors to another board but the bolts i got were too long so i have to either cut them or get new bolts.

does anyone have any pics of where they mounted the e-level sensors on all 4 corners? i have an idea of where to mounts it but it seems kind of sketchy to me and i would rather see what other people have done.

still haven't ran my air lines yet but i did my sensor wiring =) lol will probably do it today along with the mounting of the sensors if someone can shed me some input on where they mounted it.

^^this.

imo it'll keep that stealth sleek look while still functioning as a normal trunk.
yeah i want to, i measured how much i need to raise the trunk and it was about 2" before i can cover the tanks. i mean covered or not it will still be used as a trunk, ill just have to set my stuff around it or even on the tank if needed be lol

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-07-15 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-08-15, 06:55 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

here is what the back of my mounting board looks like. i have my digigauge ecu located there as well i had to route some wiring around the board itself because of the spare tire support.

this is basically what the top of my board looks like. still not completed but will get there

my compressors

mounted my gauge where i want it. i have made it spring loaded so that if i ever want to hid it i just push it down and close the lid. when i open the lid it pops up and angles up. the elevel remote is just sitting there and im still undecided about where to mount it. i have ilevel so its kinda confusing of where i would mount it. my phone mounts to that scosche mount next to the hazard button so ilevel will be displayed there.

and i ran my lines to the trunk.

granted there are better ways to do this but i prefer not to drill so many holes and make use of whats there. like i said this wont be a showcase setup. itll just be functional and in place
Old 04-09-15, 04:07 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

and after i have fit in my carpet back everything looks good. i ran into some problems with the lines so i had to drill 4 3/8" holes for the lines.

but heres what it looks like so far.

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-10-15 at 04:34 AM.
Old 04-10-15, 04:33 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

everything was connected and test yesterday. i had to drill holes because the lines were too crimped so i drill new 3/8 holes and used some grommets to protect it from rubbing a hole in the lines. but they lines are now all hooked up. just waiting on my coils to return from uas so i can mount my sensors, also mounted the elevel ecu other than that its nothing fancy but this is what i got.

Old 04-13-15, 06:06 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

so you my plan original plan did not go as followed but here is what it looks like so far without the plexi glass cut for the vu4.

there is still more to be done for the trunk carpet though so no worries. the gaps will be fixed.
Old 04-13-15, 03:59 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

so you my plan original plan did not go as followed but here is what it looks like so far without the plexi glass cut for the vu4.

there is still more to be done for the trunk carpet though so no worries. the gaps will be fixed.
pic doesnt show up on my end, but it looks like everything is coming together nicely
Old 04-13-15, 08:46 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

what didi you use for pressure display/reading?

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build