Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 05:48 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Why stock wheels? Can't you get a decent set of wheels for the same price as buying from dealership?
Old 03-26-14, 11:21 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Why stock wheels? Can't you get a decent set of wheels for the same price as buying from dealership?
no the stock wheels are free. it was part of the deal.... it was a "I buy the car they put the stock wheels on" type of deal maker lol

plus I ordered some modulars last weekend. wont say which one it will be posted once I put them on

it will be awhile before I put them on because I want to put them on when I get the bags installed
Old 03-26-14, 12:26 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a Ruckus, or a Icebear Mad Dog?? Post some pictures...
Old 03-26-14, 01:14 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Is it a Ruckus, or a Icebear Mad Dog?? Post some pictures...
its a honda ruckus. mad dog scooters are replicas of the ruckus...

the difference is the front frame. and if im correct it has to rear shocks.

on mine u can also see the vin number on the bottom of the front frame

heres some images

Last edited by uberEJ; 03-26-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-26-14, 01:15 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

imm trying to get better shots at the moment. my buddies that took photos of it still haven't finished editing some stuff.
Old 03-26-14, 01:28 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

more photos

p.s. i know this is a lexus forum and im sorry if im doing anything wrong by posting my ruckus up. i just love my hobbies =)
Old 03-26-14, 08:40 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Nope! That ruckus is badass dude!

Kinda like the idea of toying with one...
Old 03-26-14, 08:43 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

I don't think you need to apologize for that, I asked you post pictures, and it's not like Lexus owners can't appreciate other things right?? Nice Rukus by the way. So did you do all the work yourself?? I was looking at the Mad Dog only cause it's pretty much already complete (stretched, lowered, and has a fat tire on it). I would paint it and do some other aftermarket parts to make it my own, but still haven't made up my mind if I wanna go that route.
Old 03-26-14, 10:42 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
no the stock wheels are free. it was part of the deal.... it was a "I buy the car they put the stock wheels on" type of deal maker lol

plus I ordered some modulars last weekend. wont say which one it will be posted once I put them on

it will be awhile before I put them on because I want to put them on when I get the bags installed
No wonder! LOL! I was gonna say man.... Why would you waste money on stock wheels if they cost almost as much as some decent wheels .

Man you folks are RICH though..... Modulars before you even nab the bags.... It'd take me a long time before I get enough change up for some wheels.... everyone's been nagging me to get'em as it looks silly being bagged on OEM wheels lol.

Originally Posted by uberEJ
more photos

p.s. i know this is a lexus forum and im sorry if im doing anything wrong by posting my ruckus up. i just love my hobbies =)
Nothing to apologize for

If anything I wanted to see the ruckus and see what all the jazz is about. Can't say I'd get one for myself, but it is pretty cool!

You should post your trailer up next
Old 03-27-14, 04:28 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
I don't think you need to apologize for that, I asked you post pictures, and it's not like Lexus owners can't appreciate other things right?? Nice Rukus by the way. So did you do all the work yourself?? I was looking at the Mad Dog only cause it's pretty much already complete (stretched, lowered, and has a fat tire on it). I would paint it and do some other aftermarket parts to make it my own, but still haven't made up my mind if I wanna go that route.

yepp I did all the work myself. I try to do all the work myself as far as welding, machining, etc. but fiberglass fabbing is a no no on my part.... I had a bad experience lol.

maddogs are fine if your trying to just scoot around. personally I like the ruckus because it has its own trackable vin number, countless mods, and ... its a Honda lol. I don't know if maddogs do, I just know they have a little more unnecessary stuff on it like the frame itself is one whole piece of tubing that seems like it would bend more overtime than a ruckus frame, dual rear shocks, etc and also aftermarket parts may be a little bit of a because they don't have the same measurements as a ruckus, but some parts will work. I suggest going with a ruckus though... service manuals, forums, countless modifcations,warranties(till you do a 150cc swap ), reliability, etc.
Old 03-27-14, 04:43 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
No wonder! LOL! I was gonna say man.... Why would you waste money on stock wheels if they cost almost as much as some decent wheels .

Man you folks are RICH though..... Modulars before you even nab the bags.... It'd take me a long time before I get enough change up for some wheels.... everyone's been nagging me to get'em as it looks silly being bagged on OEM wheels lol.

Nothing to apologize for

If anything I wanted to see the ruckus and see what all the jazz is about. Can't say I'd get one for myself, but it is pretty cool!

You should post your trailer up next
lol not rich man... I sold my civic for a good amount so I can buy the car and order the wheels all I can say is at least your bagged! itll be a minute before I can bag the gs. I just thought to myself, "lower on stock wheels with springs, order the most expensive to the least expensive of the parts to the build(wheels->Accuair->Airrex struts->camber kits), and in the meantime I can do little expenses like a lip roof spoiler, etc."

its been so cold here haven't been working on the trailer much, but I definitely will post the process once I get back to it. but heres a quickie from a few weeks back

its frame blueprint is the same as my buddies trailer... difference is im doing hardwood floors to match the wood grain on in the gs, and bags.

Last edited by uberEJ; 03-27-14 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-27-14, 04:46 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Nope! That ruckus is badass dude!

Kinda like the idea of toying with one...
Doit!

it will pay off in the end.
Old 03-27-14, 11:12 AM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

The AWDs have stock camber adjustment for the front and with those lowering springs should be able to get it within the camber range. The rears do not have camber adjustment capability. You can get the adjustable lower control arms and toe bar that can make the needed adjustments.

(shameless plug approaching ) I just turned my 08 AWD to stock and have those suspension components. I should be posting it on the forum soon.
Old 03-28-14, 04:15 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kcook700
The AWDs have stock camber adjustment for the front and with those lowering springs should be able to get it within the camber range. The rears do not have camber adjustment capability. You can get the adjustable lower control arms and toe bar that can make the needed adjustments.

(shameless plug approaching ) I just turned my 08 AWD to stock and have those suspension components. I should be posting it on the forum soon.
sweet ill keep an eye on it unless I get pretty busy lol
Old 04-02-14, 05:28 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

man I miss my ep =(

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build