Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 10:49 AM
JPIVnow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you getting your GS aligned at? Tell me there is a place that does lifetime alignments....
Old 04-22-15, 11:51 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JPIVnow
Where are you getting your GS aligned at? Tell me there is a place that does lifetime alignments....
i get my alignments done at Firestone. Our firestone has their alignment lifts built in the ground so lowered cars are good. also lifetime alignment cost around $180.
Old 04-22-15, 04:30 PM
Aaron6ix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cleann af 👌
Old 04-23-15, 04:23 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aaron6ix
cleann af 👌
thank you sir!
Old 04-23-15, 07:43 AM
gtsnake
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the noob question but whats the advantage of 2 tanks instead of one? Faster response time?
Old 04-23-15, 07:48 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gtsnake
Sorry for the noob question but whats the advantage of 2 tanks instead of one? Faster response time?
dont apologize lol questions are meant to be asked. 2 tanks just help you air up multiple times. if you only have one tank and you are aired out the most you can air back up is probably twice before you have to wait for your compressors to fill up the tank again. i have my ride monitor on on my elevel so as im driving it is monitoring my ride height to match all 4 corners to my sensors. if one is not level to my adjusted settings, it will compensate (either fill or dump). so throughout my ride at times it will auto adjust pressures.
Old 04-23-15, 11:36 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

car's coming together great brother.

Sometimes I wish I had two tanks.... I hate airing up and hearing the buzzing noise upon startup.
Old 04-24-15, 04:11 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

well my compressor still turns on in the morning everytime i air it up once. still haven't figured things out but it doesnt bother me too much.
Old 04-24-15, 02:11 PM
XxGoKoUxX

I thought it was only me...

You're better than my good friend, he airs up, then waits, then airs up some more for ride height LOL!
Old 04-27-15, 04:19 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I thought it was only me...

You're better than my good friend, he airs up, then waits, then airs up some more for ride height LOL!
LOL no i think its everyone with accuair... i guess the way the system is setup it will turn on. from aired out to aired up. i just air up all the way to my ride height. i dont mind having the compressors turn on since its only on for about 30 seconds maybe 40 at most.

i dont know if its just me but for some reason when im driving my tanks are getting filled up quietly. like right now i have it set to 175psi and when its like lets say around 150psi my tanks get refilled but i dont hear my compressors. its weird. ive heard my compressors kick on one time while i was driving and i could hear it but sometimes i dont hear it at all when its pumping air to my tanks at that range.

you ever come across this?
Old 04-27-15, 09:01 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on the install!

I would have went air or air cups particularly last year too, but I am really on the fence with the awd issues.

How is your awd behaving? I'm not having any issues at all with the system itself, but rather random noises especially when it's cold out.. I've replaced both my axles thinking iy was the axles with Oem ones when I found a lot of grease leaking and abnormal bearing wear, but am still experiencing the weird noise when it wobbles. It might be a worn bushing I'm assuming...

Anyways, those wheels are not bad looking for replica wheels.. Lookin forward to the vip wheels soon I'm guessing!

Happy Motoring
Old 04-27-15, 12:15 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Great job on the install!

I would have went air or air cups particularly last year too, but I am really on the fence with the awd issues.

How is your awd behaving? I'm not having any issues at all with the system itself, but rather random noises especially when it's cold out.. I've replaced both my axles thinking iy was the axles with Oem ones when I found a lot of grease leaking and abnormal bearing wear, but am still experiencing the weird noise when it wobbles. It might be a worn bushing I'm assuming...

Anyways, those wheels are not bad looking for replica wheels.. Lookin forward to the vip wheels soon I'm guessing!

Happy Motoring
my awd is behaving quite well actually my wobble is barely noticeable than it was on coilovers. my left axle boot is torn on the engine side but i haven't replaced it. it tore on the coilvers though. i do for some reason have a random knock or metal knock sound like its the suspension on the front right side. it comes and goes so i dont know what it is.

i checked the left and it seems fine besides the boot. other than that no problems.

yeah im waiting on my set of wheels that i want to be available.

you may want to check your lower contral arm bushings the rubber in there may have torn. i replaced mine with poly urethane ones from figs and it greatly decreased my wobble.
Old 04-28-15, 11:00 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by uberEJ
LOL no i think its everyone with accuair... i guess the way the system is setup it will turn on. from aired out to aired up. i just air up all the way to my ride height. i dont mind having the compressors turn on since its only on for about 30 seconds maybe 40 at most.

i dont know if its just me but for some reason when im driving my tanks are getting filled up quietly. like right now i have it set to 175psi and when its like lets say around 150psi my tanks get refilled but i dont hear my compressors. its weird. ive heard my compressors kick on one time while i was driving and i could hear it but sometimes i dont hear it at all when its pumping air to my tanks at that range.

you ever come across this?
I don't have gauges or anything, so I can't tell you the behavior of my tank lol....

I'm the kind of lazy person that just airs up and drives. My compressors kick on while driving after 3+ hours, but that's mainly because I have a front pass n driver side air leak. Installer ran air line through firewall without a grommet . I bought buck heads and he's suppose to help me fix it soon.
Old 04-28-15, 11:45 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I don't have gauges or anything, so I can't tell you the behavior of my tank lol....

I'm the kind of lazy person that just airs up and drives. My compressors kick on while driving after 3+ hours, but that's mainly because I have a front pass n driver side air leak. Installer ran air line through firewall without a grommet . I bought buck heads and he's suppose to help me fix it soon.
ah i see. i ran my lines outside the car and i checked when i got an alignment everything looks good and not rubbing on anything. hopefully it stays that way. lol
Old 04-28-15, 08:39 PM
XxGoKoUxX

My lines are run under the car also, but it ran through the firewall of the trunk lol.

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build