Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
EJ the GS is looking tough man.
lol what do you mean? bad or good?
Old 02-06-15, 08:11 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, car is looking good Bro!! What Wheels are those? I see you have very little gap between the fender and front wheel, what do you have your car lowered on?
Old 02-06-15, 09:46 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Damn, car is looking good Bro!! What Wheels are those? I see you have very little gap between the fender and front wheel, what do you have your car lowered on?
im on BC Coils. they are CCW replicas they are made by some company called ZEDD. model number sl5s. i got them for deal so i could've pass up on them even if the are replica wheels.
Old 02-06-15, 11:12 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uberEJ
lol what do you mean? bad or good?
it looks good bro...good lol.
Old 02-06-15, 11:24 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Replicas or not, they look really good on your ride. Take a day shot and close up so we can see them better. What'd you end up paying for them, if you don't mind me asking!!

Which BC coilovers did you go with? I've been debating between Megan Racing and BC. I think BC is going to be my choice, that ride height is exactly where I want mine to be. Do you recall what setting your ride height is?
Old 02-06-15, 05:31 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that step lip tho
Old 02-09-15, 04:28 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Replicas or not, they look really good on your ride. Take a day shot and close up so we can see them better. What'd you end up paying for them, if you don't mind me asking!!

Which BC coilovers did you go with? I've been debating between Megan Racing and BC. I think BC is going to be my choice, that ride height is exactly where I want mine to be. Do you recall what setting your ride height is?
yeah my buddy has a day shot with his camera and im waiting for him to send it to me.

they are just the regular bc coils with a front 14k/12k rear spring. to be warned... if you want to be at my height you will need to cut a hole in your shock tower so your upper control arms done collide with the frame. also im on max dampening in the front and rears. if i hit a good size bump my upper contral arms barely hit the frame still. but im not going to deny i love how it rides!

i will say this. i do not have any vibrations anymore and i still do have a very faint wobble from a dead stop to about like 5-10mph. its definitely barely noticeable compared to when i first lowered the car.
Old 02-09-15, 04:32 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
that step lip tho
yeah winter mode wheels which will probably last till the end of the summer... when i put my bags on. some cute wheels will be on there for wekfest. then ill probably throw these back on right after lol
Old 02-09-15, 12:59 PM
ka0bit0
Driver

Oh you fancy !....
Old 02-10-15, 04:20 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ka0bit0
Oh you fancy !....
lol you the fancy one with them fenders
Old 02-12-15, 09:00 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Here are the better images

Old 02-19-15, 05:37 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

i just saw your post and ..i got them for 600 mint condition, like out of the box. well, i would go with bc coils because you can order different spring rates an no cost (unless you desire Swift springs). im running 14k front 12k rear and it ride stiffly smooth if that makes any sense. You wont be comfortable at the same height as me without rear camber arms, rear trac links, rear toe arms, front spc ball joints, and cutting a hole in your engine bay. well i mean you dont have to cut a hole but youll ride like crap and bang the crap out of your frame! lol i still have about an inch left of drop for the front and rears. i used a micrometer to try and get it as even as possible.

Had some fun this passed Monday in the ice. Our whole neighborhood was covered in ice so i decided to turn the VSC completely off using the brake method, but for some reason it wont stop beeping. i do not suggest people doing this in their neighborhood without previous experience... start off in an open parking lot

im trying to upload the other video we took during the day but for some reason it wont upload clearly.

Last edited by uberEJ; 02-19-15 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-19-15, 05:38 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

You wont be comfortable at the same height as me without rear camber arms, rear trac links, rear toe arms, front spc ball joints
So, bare with me, I'm a noob when it comes to all this suspension stuff... So, you had to do a bunch of extra work in the rear end to be comfortable, yes? By extra, I mean rear Camber, trac, and toe arms. Only for the rear? Why did you do this extra work, meaning, what did each of these achieve?

Who did you get all this from, BC, or did you go with someone else for these parts (Rear Camber, Rear Trac Links, front spc ball joint and Rear Toe Arms??)

Lastly, why the front spc ball joints - what did this do or help?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 02-20-15, 06:17 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

So, bare with me, I'm a noob when it comes to all this suspension stuff... So, you had to do a bunch of extra work in the rear end to be comfortable, yes? By extra, I mean rear Camber, trac, and toe arms. Only for the rear? Why did you do this extra work, meaning, what did each of these achieve?

Who did you get all this from, BC, or did you go with someone else for these parts (Rear Camber, Rear Trac Links, front spc ball joint and Rear Toe Arms??)

Lastly, why the front spc ball joints - what did this do or help?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
lol no problem man i like to help when i can. when i mean comfortable i mean like alignment issues, ride comfort, and corner ability.

ok so when it comes to lowering your car, the OEM arms don't have adjustability. The toe has that adjustment bolt but if you go as low as i did it will not align properly due to that bolt not being able to adjust far enough to match my camber causing tire wear.

if you have the rear upper camber arm, it can only go so far because there is another arm in between that and the toe arm. if you camber in more that arm in between them can get really stiff since its not short enough, like no play in its rubber bushing its connected to which can cause ride stiffness and alignment issues as far as camber. i guess too much tensions on it is what i mean where it prevents you from reaching the desired camber. for example, if you are really low in the rear and you want to 0 out (straighten) your camber that arm in between is not long enough which will fight the upper camber kit arm from reaching that degree and cause to much tension which can lead to ride stiffness, stability, or something breaking. However, some can get away without changing this arm for their setup.
i did this so i can have full free mobility/alignment of my rear hub assembly so i can adjust it to wherever i please.

take a look at this image. this is from team mori's 3gs. fully adjustable hub assembly. this not the best picture because the arm in between the camber and toe links is being blocked by the lower control arm (which is also adjustable)

the front upper ball joint is to adjust your camber in the front. with this im able to go positive camber up to positive 1 deg and up to negative 3 degrees. however, the lower you go the closer it is to colliding with your strut tower because there is no room for your shock to travel and it will hit that frame area. this is why you would need to either get a shorter hub assembly from T demand which costs like 1500 or drill a hole in your frame for more travel. see image below.

i got my main upper camber arm from SPC along with the front ball joints. and the arms i got from Figs Engineering. the only thing im missing is the lower mega arm for full adjustabiility of my hub assembly. megan has them at a cheaper price but i have never had any good luck with their parts lasting on any of my cars which is why i chose SPC first, then any other company, then lastly megan (this is just my opinion, some people swear by megan but like i said i haven't had any luck with them).

Last edited by uberEJ; 02-20-15 at 06:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build