Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ej's GS Build

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-14, 09:03 AM   #61
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
XxGoKoUxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,869
Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberEJ View Post
well discount tire had some sort of special tool, its hard to explain but it goes on the tire machine's "chuck" that pulls the bead out of the tire and doesn't go into the rim like a regular machine's chuck

no its not too much of a bother its just when im next to car idling it bugs me, makes me feel like I don't take care of my car lol

I was kidding about the port injection itb lol. if I were to tune it I would need a piggy back ecu like aem's systems or even greddy e-manage or something. but im not building the motor of this car what so ever till the engine problems come. at that point I would be doing a 1j or 2j swap.
You should jump into the newer UR's or the older UZ's if you're gonna do a swap. These cars are heavy, and the TQ from the v8's help a lot more than a jz

I didn't know the ticking was THAT bad lol.... I don't have any ticking on mine's luckily then lol....

FWIW, I don't think piggy back's work..... designo and passnu2 have already tried unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberEJ View Post
I also lowered my car last night and it looks sooooOOO much better! these DF210's ride damn good. no more forward leaning when I hit the brakes... no more rear leaning when I accelerate... and no more massive amounts of body roll woohoo

I don't have any wobbles or vibrations during acceleration, but I do have them under deceleration at all speeds when I let off the throttle. I don't know if its an alignment or that short axle thing that people were talking about when you lower the car. vibrations are coming from the front.

I must say I am surprised of the drop. My front and rears are leveled out perfectly. will post pics when I get home


Does anyone know what that sensor is connected to the front and rear drivers side lower control arm? seems to be AFS because now my headlight pointing up lol.
AFS sensors.... My installer for my air used those spots as installation spots for my e-level arms.

Glad the DF210's are working out great for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmexus View Post
Good thing I haven't done it yet because that stuff isn't cheap haha. I was looking into doing my trunk though. The wife doesn't like the noise when the compressors kick on. 😒
Mine's too mine's too..... the AMK compressors are a lot quieter, but uglier... I've been told they're ALMOST as strong as 2 400c's, with less power draw.

BTW, how are you dealing with the power draw anyways? It drives me nuts sometimes lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberEJ View Post
yeah goo in the engine bay no no... I can already see stuff hardening when the car is not being driven and there goes all the pulleys, belts, etc. lol
yuck! LOL.... Maybe you can start a thread to hit someone up to see if maybe someone can find a solution to sealing off the annoying ticking.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 10:37 AM   #62
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
You should jump into the newer UR's or the older UZ's if you're gonna do a swap. These cars are heavy, and the TQ from the v8's help a lot more than a jz

I didn't know the ticking was THAT bad lol.... I don't have any ticking on mine's luckily then lol....

FWIW, I don't think piggy back's work..... designo and passnu2 have already tried unfortunately



AFS sensors.... My installer for my air used those spots as installation spots for my e-level arms.

Glad the DF210's are working out great for you!



Mine's too mine's too..... the AMK compressors are a lot quieter, but uglier... I've been told they're ALMOST as strong as 2 400c's, with less power draw.

BTW, how are you dealing with the power draw anyways? It drives me nuts sometimes lol...



yuck! LOL.... Maybe you can start a thread to hit someone up to see if maybe someone can find a solution to sealing off the annoying ticking.
thanks yeah the ticking is weird because when I go on long drive like I went to Memphis(about 3 hours away) and when I got there the engine stopped ticking. so its weird.

Ill start a thread hopefully no one gives me heat about it lol
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 12:27 PM   #63
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Tanabe DF210
17x7.5 stock wheels
225/50/17


before

Click the image to open in full size.

after

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 02:54 PM   #64
Synergy001
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Synergy001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: OR
Posts: 59
8o8_Ro
Default

Nice build so far. I have the same exact car. I'm rolling stock right now but waiting for my c/o's to come into. What percent tint is that?
Synergy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 04:47 PM   #65
Kuleaze
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Kuleaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 242
Send a message via AIM to Kuleaze Send a message via MSN to Kuleaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kuleaze Send a message via Skype™ to Kuleaze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberEJ View Post
I also lowered my car last night and it looks sooooOOO much better! these DF210's ride damn good. no more forward leaning when I hit the brakes... no more rear leaning when I accelerate... and no more massive amounts of body roll woohoo

I don't have any wobbles or vibrations during acceleration, but I do have them under deceleration at all speeds when I let off the throttle. I don't know if its an alignment or that short axle thing that people were talking about when you lower the car. vibrations are coming from the front.

I must say I am surprised of the drop. My front and rears are leveled out perfectly. will post pics when I get home


Does anyone know what that sensor is connected to the front and rear drivers side lower control arm? seems to be AFS because now my headlight pointing up lol.
Did you measure the cars ride height before and after to see exactly what the drop was? Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics....
Kuleaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 04:16 AM   #66
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy001 View Post
Nice build so far. I have the same exact car. I'm rolling stock right now but waiting for my c/o's to come into. What percent tint is that?
I don't know it looks like its under 15. there's a sticker on the window that says in compliance with Tennessee window tint law (its actually a number lol doesn't say window tint law)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuleaze View Post
Did you measure the cars ride height before and after to see exactly what the drop was? Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics....
I sure did which what was surprising. front went down about 2.5" and rears when down about 2.3". its surprising to me because I know the springs have to settle still and will lower down more just a tad bit. Tanabe says "up to 2.5" doesn't matter to me at least i don't look like im ready to go offroad anymore.
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 08:46 PM   #67
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
XxGoKoUxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,869
Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX
Default

Believe me, I wish I was still able to look like offroad... I missing running on steep hills and tall curves like it's nothing....

My next car will be an SUV fah sho
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 04:20 PM   #68
RedlexGs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
RedlexGs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 45
ChaseWealth
Default

Welcome to the club! I just purchase Cranberry(gs350) 2 months ago and this is my best car ever, I had a 92 es300 and a 2003es300 so this is my third Lexus. im looking to do upgrades. Yo them wheels you got on your joint is nice with the white panel what size are they?
RedlexGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 04:18 AM   #69
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
Believe me, I wish I was still able to look like offroad... I missing running on steep hills and tall curves like it's nothing....

My next car will be an SUV fah sho

haha I think my next one may be another project. SUV life wont get to me till I have kids
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 04:19 AM   #70
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlexGs View Post
Welcome to the club! I just purchase Cranberry(gs350) 2 months ago and this is my best car ever, I had a 92 es300 and a 2003es300 so this is my third Lexus. im looking to do upgrades. Yo them wheels you got on your joint is nice with the white panel what size are they?

thanks man, they were 20 by 9.5. I didn't like them because they rubbed on stock height. the tires weren't fit right for the wheel and the tire shops gave me problems with the tpms in this wheel so I didn't like them.
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 10:27 AM   #71
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
XxGoKoUxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,869
Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberEJ View Post
haha I think my next one may be another project. SUV life wont get to me till I have kids
LOL, I don't need kids, I'm falling more and more for the RX350, plus I've been on the audio bug lately..... the GS just doesn't have enough trunkspace lol.

Click the image to open in full size.

DATLOWDOE
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 10:42 AM   #72
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
LOL, I don't need kids, I'm falling more and more for the RX350, plus I've been on the audio bug lately..... the GS just doesn't have enough trunkspace lol.

Click the image to open in full size.

DATLOWDOE


BRAH! RX FTW NEXT! lol

im not much on audio as long as its crisp, clear, im good. =)
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 05:05 AM   #73
uberEJ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
uberEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smyrna, TN
Posts: 221
UberEP3 Uber_EJ
Default

damn.... these visors look SooOOO Good! the only thing I don't like about it is at both ends it just cuts off... theres no smooth molding to the door where the mirror is.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Instagram: Uber_EJ

My Rucked Up Life

My FEATURED Rucked up Life on SlammedEnuff
uberEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:40 AM   #74
Synergy001
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Synergy001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: OR
Posts: 59
8o8_Ro
Default

Nice...are those the AVS ones? I just ordered me a set last night...
Synergy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:43 AM   #75
Kuleaze
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Kuleaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 242
Send a message via AIM to Kuleaze Send a message via MSN to Kuleaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kuleaze Send a message via Skype™ to Kuleaze
Default

Here's a silly question, do visors serve some purpose? Or is it just a look people are going for?
Kuleaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:43 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
150cc, bear, builds, dog, ej, ice, icebear, mad, maddog, make, mods, put, ruckus

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinion needed! Painted Cwest front? MK4Sup_isF IS F 21 10-07-14 09:58 PM
TN OEM Taillights & HID bowl kt636 2Gen GS430 / 400/ 300 Classifieds (98-05) 2 11-11-13 12:28 PM
Perhaps I'll be rejoining the community Matt300ZXT SC 400/300 10 11-19-12 05:41 PM
CA FS: 2000 GS300 Platnium Edition - VIP style - Airrunner VIPTONY Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 35 06-19-11 10:43 PM
So i got this Today! W/pics OH YEAH uaaction Performance 22 12-17-09 11:50 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info