Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-15, 11:26 AM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
just sprayed my bumper last week and was able to let it dry. it wont go on till i get the grill and get some of the pieces on the bumper wrapped in chrome.

its been awhile since i made any updates but here it is... slowly but surely lol.

3 coats of base
1-2 coats of mid
4 coats of clear

all in all the paint matched pretty well being that it was my first time spraying chrome but hey i needed to learn one day.
She's looking niiiice man. Love how that pearl came out. I plan on going white pearl as well but I'm definitely not doing it myself. I wish I was skilled enough and had the setup to even practice. Keep the updates coming!
Old 12-09-15, 12:19 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FSinatra
She's looking niiiice man. Love how that pearl came out. I plan on going white pearl as well but I'm definitely not doing it myself. I wish I was skilled enough and had the setup to even practice. Keep the updates coming!
thanks man. to be honest im not very skilled. i just decided to give it a try because people were asking an arm and leg to get it done. so i just bought the paint for 85 a pint. i already had some of the other equipment. i figure hell if i mess up all i need to do is sand it down and repaint it.

updates will keep coming whenever i do anything to the car. lol
Old 12-12-15, 02:44 PM
bluemist
Driver School Candidate

yes my headlights and fogs,

what do you mean the trunk bulb? the one inside the trunk or the reverse lights?
Sorry, don't get on here much. Yea bulb inside the trunk, on r-side. Tried two different bulbs, no luck?
Old 12-13-15, 09:11 AM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

thanks man. to be honest im not very skilled. i just decided to give it a try because people were asking an arm and leg to get it done. so i just bought the paint for 85 a pint. i already had some of the other equipment. i figure hell if i mess up all i need to do is sand it down and repaint it.

updates will keep coming whenever i do anything to the car. lol
Very brave of you man! Are you planning on repainting the car as well?
Old 12-14-15, 10:42 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Very brave of you man! Are you planning on repainting the car as well?
rapainting the whole car probably not. just the front end needs some fixing and repaint and still its probably something i wont do. but then again if they ask for more than what i think its worth i will do it myself. i got qoutes for 800 for the front end which isn't bad especially from a reputable body shop. for the bumper they were asking 500. i want new fenders before i get the front end done.

i was able to put the bumper on check the paint match and its almost spot on. the difference is the bumper is a tad bit lights but not too noticeable. i also clayed, sealed, and waxed the entire car. sorry for the terrible lighting.

Old 12-14-15, 01:59 PM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

rapainting the whole car probably not. just the front end needs some fixing and repaint and still its probably something i wont do. but then again if they ask for more than what i think its worth i will do it myself. i got qoutes for 800 for the front end which isn't bad especially from a reputable body shop. for the bumper they were asking 500. i want new fenders before i get the front end done.

i was able to put the bumper on check the paint match and its almost spot on. the difference is the bumper is a tad bit lights but not too noticeable. i also clayed, sealed, and waxed the entire car. sorry for the terrible lighting.

This bumper is so badass! Agressive and sleek. Great work man!
Old 12-15-15, 04:24 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

This bumper is so badass! Agressive and sleek. Great work man!
thanks man, i just need to buff it. i got lazy and didnt really care to much for the orange pealing lol.

i also forgot to mention i removed the badges and im hoping to fill up the holes over the weekend if weather permits.

Old 12-28-15, 04:46 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

looking good
Old 12-29-15, 08:38 PM
bluemist
Driver School Candidate

Default Awesome job

Looks great. I see you removed the emblems 👍 I really like the front bumper
Old 01-27-16, 06:35 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

EYyyyy thanks Harry for the "more low" parts

Old 02-23-16, 07:55 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i need those parts too^
Old 02-24-16, 05:03 PM
utah801
Rookie

Love it!! Are those bulbs or yellow leds in your city lights?
Old 02-29-16, 11:01 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by utah801
Love it!! Are those bulbs or yellow leds in your city lights?
They are yellow bulbs and thanks man
Old 03-11-16, 10:09 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hows the ride coming along?

I decided to keep my car and mod it some more, so some of this stuff on here may help me when I install my air setup. Do you have a pic of your car fully aired up? The front end sucks so much on our AWD 3GS man! I hate it sometimes... I am maxed out in front on BC's and it is not as low as I would like. I was on the fence on whether or not I wanted to pursue this AWD issue, but I might as well since the car has been paid for for 4 years now and it is still a reliable form of transportation.

I am having trouble deciding what BAGS to go with. Is it a MUST that i send out the rears to get custom fab'd? I hate down time as im an impatient ****!
Old 03-14-16, 02:18 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Skylar978
hows the ride coming along?

I decided to keep my car and mod it some more, so some of this stuff on here may help me when I install my air setup. Do you have a pic of your car fully aired up? The front end sucks so much on our AWD 3GS man! I hate it sometimes... I am maxed out in front on BC's and it is not as low as I would like. I was on the fence on whether or not I wanted to pursue this AWD issue, but I might as well since the car has been paid for for 4 years now and it is still a reliable form of transportation.

I am having trouble deciding what BAGS to go with. Is it a MUST that i send out the rears to get custom fab'd? I hate down time as im an impatient ****!
Yeah I hated being on coils with the awd models the upper control arms always slammed the frame when I hit a bump which is why I went with bags.

Yes, unfortunately you have to send them out unless you know the exact measurements to cut and re weld the rear shock housing. They will put everything together for you so basically u just need to put them on the car and make your height adjustments. I don't have any pics fully aired up but it sits at stock height when it is. The fronts don't need any modifications but they do replace all the unnecessary parts and send it back you with your coils

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build