Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 12:56 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
Yep, I've done my fare share of tuning my civic from all motor to boost. Wish we had something like K-Pro The intake does help the response but it also matters on the tune of course. I just want the intake because I hate the stock square filters. From previous vehicles ive owned it has saved me some gas mileage. I also feel like those stock filters do not let the engine breath enough. however, Im going to connect my wideband and see what its doing before and after the intake to make sure im not running too lean.

Ravspec sells BC Coils with the UAS bags already mounted. I need to look into the airrex and accuair combo u mentioned. I just realized I never looked at airrex stuff.

yeah I also think lowering the front would look funny but hopefully these spring will compensate for the front currently being higher than the rear right now. Yup I said it, the front currently sits higher than the rear with stock springs. I don't know why but it bugs the hell out of me. id rather nose dive and look like im on a drag strip than look like the next man going to the moon(wouldn't be a bad idea though ).

but anywho heres the pics of my order that came in Tanabe DF210. again this is a temporary solution. since I still got my hookup I got these bad boys for a 100.

I also wanted to point out that I can't lower the rear because of the tire rubbing on that rubber or plastic fender lip thing lol. if it cambers enough where it will clear ill probably lower it today if someone can chime in how much camber they get with the df210's. ive been searching and they don't post up camber specs after lowering without camber kits.
That's not bad for lowering springs LOL! I believe the AWD owners talked about this already, either the rear being higher than the front or the front being higher than the rear LOL... It's weird.

If it already rubs in the rear, you will not get better results dropping it. Camber isn't adjustable in the rear of our cars, so you'll need a camber kit if you wanna compensate for that rub. Either that or roll your fenders if you need to.

just looked up the airrex info... looks sweet! airrex and accuair it is!
Psst, contact swtjlsy in you need any of that stuff, he hooks it up .
Old 03-12-14, 08:55 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
That's not bad for lowering springs LOL! I believe the AWD owners talked about this already, either the rear being higher than the front or the front being higher than the rear LOL... It's weird.

If it already rubs in the rear, you will not get better results dropping it. Camber isn't adjustable in the rear of our cars, so you'll need a camber kit if you wanna compensate for that rub. Either that or roll your fenders if you need to.

Psst, contact swtjlsy in you need any of that stuff, he hooks it up .
i wouldn't mind the front being lower but it would definitely bother me for the rear being lower. haha yeah its definitely more awkward when the front is raised.

damn i will have to do that when i get the funds thanks man!

yeah i haven't seen any car with stock camber kits that ive worked on lol.

sorry let me clarify, i mean when you lower the car it cambers in automatically... i was wondering by how much? because if its enough i wont need to shave the rear fenders and lowering wont be a problem on the current wheels and tires, . Can anyone chime in on how much it cambers with the df210's no camber kit?
Old 03-13-14, 04:54 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

open the door to this! came in a day early

out of the box

15 min later... installed without covers

installed with covers

Old 03-13-14, 05:18 AM
hanuman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how does the car feel now? I am thinking of putting on my gs460. I have always had a K & on my cars and trucks.
Old 03-13-14, 06:52 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hanuman
So how does the car feel now? I am thinking of putting on my gs460. I have always had a K & on my cars and trucks.
I really just don't like the sound of the stock motor during WOT... I feel like it needs to breath. Every car I've owned or will own will always have a modded intake either from factory or myself added. But I always get K&N, seems like they really take an extra look into detail. it came with the heat shield which I think is pretty sweet. I don't usually see a lot of these shields or boxes made for cars from other manufacturers with the intake system. I usually have to fab on up. but I do see them when you buy kits for trucks lol

response is definitely there! I did a few pulls; from a dead stop, from a 40 roll, and from a 70. you feel the big difference from a roll. I didn't really notice hug difference from a dead stop but its there.

I notice my gas mileage went down getting up to speed but once I get to my desired speed its definitely saving me more gas.

Last edited by uberEJ; 03-13-14 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-13-14, 08:11 AM
XxGoKoUxX

i wouldn't mind the front being lower but it would definitely bother me for the rear being lower. haha yeah its definitely more awkward when the front is raised.

damn i will have to do that when i get the funds thanks man!

yeah i haven't seen any car with stock camber kits that ive worked on lol.

sorry let me clarify, i mean when you lower the car it cambers in automatically... i was wondering by how much? because if its enough i wont need to shave the rear fenders and lowering wont be a problem on the current wheels and tires, . Can anyone chime in on how much it cambers with the df210's no camber kit?
I thought camber was adjustable on MOST cars in general? I know camber's adjustable on the front of our cars, not the rears. Not to an EXTREME, but it's slightly adjustable.

I gotcha on the question about cambering when you lower. Your car will still rub, because everytime you DIP and compress the springs+struts, it's the same effect as dropping the car. If it works otherwise, I'm sorry hahahaha...... On full tilt, during a drop, I'd say I get a decent amount of camber when I lay the car down.

I really just don't like the sound of the stock motor during WOT... I feel like it needs to breath. Every car I've owned or will own will always have a modded intake either from factory or myself added. But I always get K&N, seems like they really take an extra look into detail. it came with the heat shield which I think is pretty sweet. I don't usually see a lot of these shields or boxes made for cars from other manufacturers with the intake system. I usually have to fab on up. but I do see them when you buy kits for trucks lol

response is definitely there! I did a few pulls; from a dead stop, from a 40 roll, and from a 70. you feel the big difference from a roll. I didn't really notice hug difference from a dead stop but its there.

I notice my gas mileage went down getting up to speed but once I get to my desired speed its definitely saving me more gas.
Glad it worked out on ur favor Did you reset battery before putting the K&N on?

FWIW, the F-Sport intake is the same way with the shielding
Old 03-13-14, 08:56 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Yup I reset my battery. =)

yeah I mean ive seen small increment camber adjusters on a lot of cars. but haven't seen a major actual oem camber kit that can camber slammed cars lol. im trying to find smaller wheels before I put the springs on. I would hate to put them on on these wheels on not be able to drive it. id have to just take it off. so I thought I would do it on smaller wheels to save the headache.

hmmm I need to research that f sport intake.
Old 03-13-14, 09:35 AM
XxGoKoUxX

You're fine with the K&N, no worries Just saying though, the F sport from Lexus has the same shielding for the GS350 .

You don't want to roll/shave your GS?
Old 03-13-14, 09:43 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

You're fine with the K&N, no worries Just saying though, the F sport from Lexus has the same shielding for the GS350 .

You don't want to roll/shave your GS?
yeah I just wanted to see what it looked like

I will in the future shave and roll it. but not for these wheels lol

pretty excited right now im picking up a $50 trailer hitch for the gs, BNIB never been used, so I can finally have some motivation to finished my trailer. got a good find on craigslist!

I got a bagged trailer waiting to get finished so I can troll my ruck around. I just need to put the bags on, find some wheels, paint, bamboo hardwood floors, and adjust the ball connector.
Old 03-14-14, 12:02 AM
XxGoKoUxX

yeah I just wanted to see what it looked like

I will in the future shave and roll it. but not for these wheels lol

pretty excited right now im picking up a $50 trailer hitch for the gs, BNIB never been used, so I can finally have some motivation to finished my trailer. got a good find on craigslist!

I got a bagged trailer waiting to get finished so I can troll my ruck around. I just need to put the bags on, find some wheels, paint, bamboo hardwood floors, and adjust the ball connector.
Oh lord, you're on the ruckus hitch! HAHAHA, I don't know what the big fad is about it, I never really got into it .

I thought it looked silly watching this dude dressed all scruffy cruising down the street on a tiny bike .

On another note, a bagged trailer hitch? Is there a reason for this? I'd love to see it! I learn something new everyday haha!
Old 03-14-14, 04:45 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Oh lord, you're on the ruckus hitch! HAHAHA, I don't know what the big fad is about it, I never really got into it .

I thought it looked silly watching this dude dressed all scruffy cruising down the street on a tiny bike .

On another note, a bagged trailer hitch? Is there a reason for this? I'd love to see it! I learn something new everyday haha!
yeah lol I'm on the ruckus thing... best part about it is there's only 6 I know of in middle TN haha. I never dress silly though I'm just usually wearing a sweater and some jeans. I Daily my ruckus back and forth to work during warm days... 80 mpg! the only fad part is modifying them. my ruckus is bagged (well on air ride to be technical). I love the open air ride. I'm sure if you rode on one that's swapped and slammed you'll love it! haha that's how my buddy got me

its just an 8x6 trailer on UAS bags(at least I think its UAS it was donated to me from by buddy) instead of leaf springs lol. It's a custom trailer I made from all the spare metal I had and I haven't really installed anything but made the frame itself. Basically, it will have its own tank mounted towards the front of the trailer along with the solenoids. the trailer's solenoids will be wired(via quick disconnect) to the rear solenoid on the GS. so however low the rear is... the trailer will be that low. Bamboo hardwoord floors and a polished frame is the plan. also it will have the same wheels as the GS.

It will definitely be a minute before I can send a pic. I just got done finalizing and installing all the parts to the ruck. yay no more ruck expenses . I will be continuing the trailer project in april since theres a whole list of plans in the next 2 weeks. I will definitely post images of my progress though.
Old 03-14-14, 03:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

I probably will have to ride it to appreciate it lol.... 80mpgs are GREAT! Around here in Orlando, we have ruckuses around all the time
Old 03-17-14, 04:02 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I probably will have to ride it to appreciate it lol.... 80mpgs are GREAT! Around here in Orlando, we have ruckuses around all the time
I bet, all my parts came from floida lol. I have an uncle in Orlando and I visit when I can. I see sooo many rucks
Old 03-25-14, 04:41 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

just thought i would post my weekend up with my gs and my ruckus... sorry the gs isn't in the video but it was a great turnout
Old 03-26-14, 05:25 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Looks like I wont be going to import alliance...

but I will be picking up the stock wheels from the dealership tomorrow and lowering her Saturday =)

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build